Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  (Read 84138 times)
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 03, 2007, 03:01:48 PM

ah.

damn.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #106 on: May 03, 2007, 03:51:27 PM

If I ever get my goddamn computer fixed I will play.  I ordered a fan and it is not socket 775 compatible.  Back to the drawing board.

And, yes, according to New Egg it was compatible.  Not sure what I am going to do with this $100+ paperweight.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #107 on: May 04, 2007, 08:28:50 AM

I'm active and guildless on Oasis  cry

Ched: RMA away!
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #108 on: May 04, 2007, 08:36:50 AM

I'll be on as Tazelbain tonight starting around 7 central if anyone wants an guild invite.

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 04, 2007, 09:11:48 AM

Hmm...friday night...I might be able to get on around 11pm eastern or so.
schild
Administrator

Reply #110 on: May 05, 2007, 07:42:17 AM

The new producers letter pretty much guarantees that I'm probably going to show up again as soon as time and computing power allows. Work sucks.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #111 on: May 05, 2007, 10:00:59 AM

I might come back for a bit, too, but you know me... I'm as fickle as a Cheddar sundae with an schild on top.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 05, 2007, 10:30:21 PM

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: May 05, 2007, 11:54:02 PM

Being able to return my dark elves to Neriak tempts me.  The free transfers to move over to where everyone else is tempts me more.  But my highest level character was only around 21st level, would I actually be able to participate in any fashion around people of vastly higher level?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #114 on: May 06, 2007, 06:11:00 AM

Sure you will.  They have that thingy.  You know.  Like wot that other game has. 

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #115 on: May 06, 2007, 09:24:33 AM

According to the test update notes on the latest patch to test, they already pinched musical instruments from Lotro.  Hahaha.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 06, 2007, 11:51:30 AM

Yeah.  Well, crap.  I'm reinstalling.  I'll probably be on sometime tonight, I don't want to play a Fae but I'll be somewhere in the new Fae newbie zone, maybe a wizzie.  Or on my Old Paladin Teucer.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: May 06, 2007, 12:16:17 PM

Is there any restriction on cross-faction grouping?  I wouldn't wanna sign back on, defect my inkies to Neriak, and then discover that I can't actually do anything with 'em.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: May 06, 2007, 12:30:13 PM

Is there any restriction on cross-faction grouping?  I wouldn't wanna sign back on, defect my inkies to Neriak, and then discover that I can't actually do anything with 'em.

No.  You can group with whoever you want.  I'll be starting an inkie when Neriak opens though.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: May 06, 2007, 05:15:42 PM

I'm patching back up now, have about an hour to go.  I need someone to give me a hand forward in time, however, as I'm a caveman from pre-expansions EQ2.  This is before they revamped the classes, before they revamped the tradeskills, before they added in extra features for the three expansions.  Anything that has happened in this time is a mystery to me, so anyone who can summarize important gameplay things that I should know about would be appreciated.

Also, is Oasis the server with the current F13 guild?  I left my inkies over on Lucan, but if this free transfer thing is legit I can apparently send them over to any non-PvP server.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: May 06, 2007, 06:32:04 PM

All my dudes are on Oasis.  I have no clue what all the changes are to the game either because last time I played was before the expansions also.  I'm pretty much just playing the newbie experience and taking it as it goes.

Made a wizzie named Fisz (eventually Bang) in Kelethin.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: May 07, 2007, 07:25:36 AM

Tough to summarize all the changes that have happened since pre-expansion.  I have been playing pretty stready since about LU10.  I should be able to answer any question that arises for you as they come.....

Best website out there right now for information is www.eq2i.com

Whether you are a soloer or grouper, eq2i provides complete questlines for either.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: May 07, 2007, 09:19:25 AM

My current main is a 38 ranger named Kelavere.  Feel free to friend me and ask any questions, I can kick down a little gold to help get started or whatever.

The key thing for me when I restarted post-EoF is that as long as you have EoF and DoF, AAs start at level 10.  Especially if you start in Kelethin, it's very easy to turn combat xp off at 10 and just level with quests.  You'll have 10+ AA by the time you hit 15.  After that I would turn my XP on and off depending on how fast I was flying through content.  I leave it on all the time now, and am out-levelling some things, but I'm more interested in levelling fast at the moment.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: May 07, 2007, 10:25:06 AM

One thing I found is that the market on Oasis has matured a lot.  I logged on a 22 Assassin when I got tired of the newb stuff and was able to upgrade just about every piece of armor and my off-hand dagger for a short hand full of silver.

Now to see if I can finish the greater lightstone quest before I get bored and wander off again.

Edit:  Extreme quality still makes my CPU cry but I have most of the bells and whistles on and Kelethin has it all over the Blood elf starting area.  Both zones are very similar in feel and content but the EQ2 stuff with all the lighting effects looks like a modern game.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:28:31 AM by Murgos »

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: May 07, 2007, 10:32:20 AM

Transmuting has had a big impact, I think.  Adept I's tend to go for at least 5g even at lower tiers because they are needed for the transmuting grind.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #125 on: May 07, 2007, 11:01:37 AM

As long as you sell your junk on the broker (strong boxes for the win) its no big deal to buy a new set of armor and weapons when you switch tiers (10,20,30,etc)  and if you group alot you'll be over flowing with cash.

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: May 07, 2007, 11:18:39 AM

Transmuting has had a big impact, I think.  Adept I's tend to go for at least 5g even at lower tiers because they are needed for the transmuting grind.
Ah, I wondered why I was consistently getting that much for my Adept I's. That's the only way I make cash, really. But given that info, I'd request anyone joining BC not use the Adepts in the guild bank for grinding transmuting!

Haven't messed with transmuting or tinkering. I started the tinkering stuff with my Paladin and all the recipes were red to me and I couldn't make anything. I think they may have had funky ingredients, too. I mostly ignore that stuff.

Also, don't take armorcrafting or weaponcrafting, they are super grindy because there aren't many recipes (no spells/skills) and don't make consumables (provisioner flies by). I have my SK at 31 armorcrafting and it's rough. At one level they gave me ONE recipe. I got real tired of making that over and over for 1/3 of a bubble a shot, can't wait to do it all over again for 1/6 a bubble at 38 or whatever.

Finally, I'm not much of a grouper, but I've got a wide range of levelled characters. 31 SK, 30 Wiz, 22 Ranger, 21 Paladin, 18 Illusionist, 17 Guardian, 12 Necro, 10 Monk. Most are in the 20s with crafting, too.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: May 07, 2007, 11:31:31 AM

Having the -10% fee Veteran Display Case has made me quite the savvy merchant.  40 slots, so I can keep all sorts of collectibles in there, and I've actually managed to sell quite a few pristine imbued bows for ~ 3-4g a pop.  Currently sitting on 4pp, which will get spent on lvl 40 upgrades, and I tool around on a parade karana plainstrider.  Not to change the subject, but holy cow does WoW soloing suck in comparison.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: May 07, 2007, 11:43:05 AM

Ah, I wondered why I was consistently getting that much for my Adept I's. That's the only way I make cash, really. But given that info, I'd request anyone joining BC not use the Adepts in the guild bank for grinding transmuting!

Haven't messed with transmuting or tinkering. I started the tinkering stuff with my Paladin and all the recipes were red to me and I couldn't make anything. I think they may have had funky ingredients, too. I mostly ignore that stuff.

Also, don't take armorcrafting or weaponcrafting, they are super grindy because there aren't many recipes (no spells/skills) and don't make consumables (provisioner flies by). I have my SK at 31 armorcrafting and it's rough. At one level they gave me ONE recipe. I got real tired of making that over and over for 1/3 of a bubble a shot, can't wait to do it all over again for 1/6 a bubble at 38 or whatever.

Finally, I'm not much of a grouper, but I've got a wide range of levelled characters. 31 SK, 30 Wiz, 22 Ranger, 21 Paladin, 18 Illusionist, 17 Guardian, 12 Necro, 10 Monk. Most are in the 20s with crafting, too.

Other than adept I's at low levels, collectables are a great way to make money.  Some of the lower zones can net your some collectables that go for over a plat (many of the shattered bone fragments), and at times even seemingly worthless things like commonland shrubbbery, moth/butterflys, antonican pine needles all go for inflated prices.  Collection quests can net you good XP and AA points.

As for tradeskilling, anything other than the classes that make spells (jeweler - scouts, sage mage/priest, or alchemist - fighter) are going to be grindy as hell.  Stay away from Weaponsmithing for sure, as not much sells because of easily looted gear.  A level 70 weapsonsmith and transmuter might be profitable, but wouldn't wish that grind on anyone.

The devs have talked about combining Weaponsmith+Armourer, and Carpenter+Woodworker to deal with the lack of recipes for grinding, but no word back on that yet.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: May 07, 2007, 12:54:52 PM

I have 28g between my 20 conjuror and 11 inquisitor, which used to be a lot but now maybe not; I sold my collector edition dragon and statue off for a plat and the Adept 3 scroll for my pet.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #130 on: May 07, 2007, 05:43:12 PM

I've got about 4 or 5 plat, I'll drop some in the guild bank in the AM.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: May 08, 2007, 07:31:20 AM

I've got maybe 45g on my wiz, 20g on my SK.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #132 on: May 09, 2007, 08:18:30 AM

Anyway, if anyone wants to join our sad little guild do a /who all "bat country" and send them a tell with you board name so we can add it to your description. Anyone will be able to invite you.

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: May 09, 2007, 11:25:08 AM

I'll be on sporadically for a while.

NDA
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: May 09, 2007, 12:28:43 PM

I'll be with Sky....  NDA

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #135 on: May 09, 2007, 12:36:18 PM

Don't ride Lord British too hard.  Remember scamming Koreans to fund your pet project is hard work.

"Me am play gods"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #136 on: May 09, 2007, 12:55:37 PM

Remember scamming Koreans to fund your pet project is hard work.

Not if you do it right...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #137 on: May 09, 2007, 01:00:15 PM

Lord British is fruity.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #138 on: May 11, 2007, 06:49:49 PM

Lord British is fruity.

Less talky more boobies.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #139 on: May 22, 2007, 08:18:00 PM

So is anyone actually playing these days?  More importantly, is anyone actually playing ON OASIS DURING KOREAN HAPPY HOURS?Huh

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  
Jump to: