1.9 patch notes

<< < (26/46) > >>

Paelos:
Ugh, pally v. shaman debate.

They both need nerfs people. Blizzard is retarded for giving any healing class mail or plate, but they did.

If you play Horde, you've never played with your average pally. They don't heal much if at all. Most of them are complete morons only worried about keeping their asses alive. The utility to the group is low at best. Kill everyone else around them, and kill them last, they aren't firing off a ton of heals to keep the group going. As a warrior I can assure you of this. Also, pallies have nothing really cool that helps assault or defend graveyards or nodes other than their ability to stand there. In large scale pvp, I don't see them as an overwhelming force, unless it's for overwhelming stupidity of the people that play them.

As for shamans, they get totems. Even the stupidest shaman in the book can throw down a totem near a node or a graveyard. That alone means you can't cap flags easily when one is standing around, all other fun shammy things aside. To me, they are much much more efficient for accomplishing objectives in pvp than pallies. Mostly because of the LCD effect they can have on the outcome. Shamans are some of the best defenders in the game.

If both classes were wiped clean, I'd be a happy man.

TheWalrus:
The real problem with pallies is greed. Cp man, if they aren't killing stuff, they aren't getting points. But seriously, after watching paladins forever, I know I could play a better one than the majority that are.  Their ability to stand a node is exactly what makes them valuable in AB. They live forever, so they can keep people off the flag long enough till help arrives. I've seen 3 paladins that consistently heal their groups, and they're damn near unstoppable. Just don't think you get the right kind of people playing the class is all.

SurfD:
Eh, it IS possible for a shaman to "1 Hit" a cloth caster, in green gear, but it would require a fairly obscene stri of luck (i have seen it happen tho)

A good damage 2 hander + improved Windfury + Hand of Justice trinket (proc extra attack trinket from BRD) means that with the following:

First hit procs windfury, Hand of Justice procs off the last windfury hit and Windfury procs again off the Hand of Justice hit, with a lucky string of crits you can technically churn out around (6 hits times 400 or so damage) 2.5k or so damage off a "single hit"

Now, you want to talk UGLY, A friend of mine hit a Rat in scholomance for nearly 6k damage off a "single hit".  The character in question is a warrior, with sword spec, with hand of justice, and had a windfury buff running from the shaman in the group.  His attack went something like: Hit rat (proc windfury, Proc HoJ, Proc Windfury, Proc Swordspec, Proc Windfury).......It you should have heard him on teamspeak.  Sounded like he just about fell out of his chair when it happened.

Calantus:
HoJ is blue, windfury cannot proc off itself, and shaman have no other way to get extra attacks. So you can't get what you described on a shaman in green gear.

Merusk:
Quote from: Calantus on December 11, 2005, 01:28:16 AM

HoJ is blue, windfury cannot proc off itself, and shaman have no other way to get extra attacks. So you can't get what you described on a shaman in green gear.

Read it again, windfury wasn't proccing off itself.  Would be funny to see, but yeah, something like that would require an obscene amount of luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page