Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: City of Masterminds has become City of Corrupters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: City of Masterminds has become City of Corrupters  (Read 3066 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: November 20, 2005, 11:29:15 AM

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though corrupters are now the AT of choice. 

When I roll up a new toon, I go to Fortunata Fateweaver under the clock in Mercy at first chance, and set mission difficulty to vicious.  Then I run a full group through my missions.  It takes no time at all to get to 8 or 9 and on to Port Oakes.

The first couple of weeks, the groups were full of MMs. Then I saw a lot of stalkers.  Now, they are full of corrupters.

I don't know if this is because of the pvp aspect, or because MMs get boring, or what.  I have some concerns about my plant/thorn dom being viable in pvp, since building domination is slow compared to the bonus controllers get for double damange to held mobs, and corrupters get scourge (crits that hit more frequently when target hits lower health).

What little I've done of pvp is very fun in a group.  The Bloody Bay meteor mission is fun, especially when the heroes come and try to stop your group (although it probably isn't much fun solo).  Siren's is fun from the heroes side of fighting hotspots - I'm not much for camping bases (not my idea of fun).  Sirens will be more fun when the villains are bigger and the numbers are more even.  I hope, anyway.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 12:27:20 AM

When I roll up a new toon, I go to Fortunata Fateweaver under the clock in Mercy at first chance, and set mission difficulty to vicious. 

Not to derail the thread, but could you give me a quick tip as to where exactly this Fateweaver is, I was not able to locate one to change mission difficulty.In Mercy at least.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 03:44:01 AM

The fortunata I always go to is at the base (not inside a building, but on the ground floor) of the clock tower building (nearer to Mongoose then to Kalinda)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:06:39 AM

The fortunata I always go to is at the base (not inside a building, but on the ground floor) of the clock tower building (nearer to Mongoose then to Kalinda)
Looks like I'll have to explore more. But that sure helps a lot, thank you.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 04:11:46 AM

As you get near to the wall/Mongoose (but not quite to the burned out area), look at the sky line and you'll see the clock tower, go there.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 06:24:23 AM

As you get near to the wall/Mongoose (but not quite to the burned out area), look at the sky line and you'll see the clock tower, go there.
The clock tower is visible from a long way away, even as only a shadow. It's the tallest building in the slums.

Similarly, the SG headquarters building is the giant skyline-dominating thing in Port Oakes with tons of neon.

--GF

Edited: Also, you can completely blow off Kalinda and Mongoose and head to Port Oakes at level 2 to take newspaper missions.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 07:16:30 AM

You'll have to go back to Kalinda at some point if you want a cape, though.

Over and out.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 08:39:08 AM

Easiest way to find the Fateweaver in Mercy: Look for the Darwin's Landing waypoint on the map.  She's right under that.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 10:13:27 AM

Found it. Actually the clock tower is hard to miss, if you know what you are looking for.

Thank you lot a lot or something.  :-D

waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 05:56:55 AM

Masterminds don't come into PVP really until level 32 when they get a good upgrade for pet damage.  Until then they are subpar in most situations, but they are PVE gods all the way through the leveling process.

Corruptors are gimp at early levels, but by level 20 they have access to some good damage sets.  Corruptors basically are the highest damage villain AT, and that's why they are becoming so popular. 

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: City of Masterminds has become City of Corrupters  
Jump to: