Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: World Of Warcraft: Jedi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Of Warcraft: Jedi  (Read 13896 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 13, 2004, 06:28:55 PM

Quote from: HaemishM

And they are both working on the developer side of WoW. Furor is a quest designer, and I'm not sure what Tigole does. Neither of them have the qualifications for the job, again IMO.

Well that explains alot. There is alot of complaining that the high level quests are a bit hard and require a large group to succeed. Sounds like your guy.

As for the hero system, it really depends on how it is done. I have enough fun in the low-mid game that Hero will just be one of those "if I make it it'll be cool" things for me.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: May 14, 2004, 08:31:47 AM

Quote from: Sloth
Quote from: Sky
Don't understand Jedi envy? It's that large font STAR WARS on the game's box. Add in a retarded mechanism for becoming a Jedi which makes no sense from a gameplay nor fiction standpoint, and it's kinda easy to understand why 'debacle' could be applied to the Jedi...debacle. I don't think I'd use the word 'envy', generally the only people who use that are those defending their 'accomplishments'.

You know, like how people make fun of fat kids because they're 'jealous'. At least that's what their mom tells them.

actually people make fun of fat kids to make themselves feel better or look cool in front of their friends.

Wow, way to miss the irony, sarcasm, and the joke all in one.

Your opinion is that it is retarded, that isn't going to change the fact that you aren't entitled to be a jedi. You can point to all the Star Wars lore you want, but you aren't paying 15 dollars to be a jedi. And if you do pay 15 dollars and expect to be a Jedi thats not the games fault, thats just your expectations being different than reality.

Why wouldn't someone playing a Star Wars game expect to be a Jedi? Considering that most of the well-known lore is about Jedi, the whole goddamn original trilogy and the new movies revlove around Jedi. And if I were to pay $15 a month for a Star Wars MMOG, I would expect to play a Jedi. Sure, the game isn't built that way. That's the point, you mutt. It should have been.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: May 14, 2004, 09:19:38 AM

but you aren't paying 15 dollars to be a jedi.

Well, you got that part right.
That's the point, you mutt.

Reading comprehension ++
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: World Of Warcraft: Jedi  
Jump to: