Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: EA *FINALLY* signs on with X-Box Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EA *FINALLY* signs on with X-Box Live  (Read 1512 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: May 11, 2004, 02:33:55 PM

Now, I just wish I could get online with SSX3.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/11/technology/e3_xboxlive/index.htm?cnn=yes

Microsoft and Electronic Arts announced Monday that EA Xbox games would begin supporting online play in July, with the release of "NCAA Football 2005." All totaled, EA plans to release at least 15 Xbox Live enabled games this year, including "Madden NFL 2005," "Tiger Woods," "NASCAR," "Goldeneye: Rogue Agent" and "Battlefield: Modern Combat.

As a side note, all I can say about this is SMART. Fucking smart.

To further boost the appeal of Xbox Live to a widespread audience, Microsoft also plans to launch a line of arcade, card and puzzle games this fall. Bringing in card and classic arcade games won't help Microsoft attract core gamers, but could appeal to older adults and women, who traditionally play such games on the PC.

Converting that audience could be a tremendous boost for Xbox Live. A February study by Digital Marketing Services for AOL found that women over 40 are the most active players of online games, beating men and teens. Women in this group, the study found, averaging 9.1 hours of online play time per week.
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 07:31:07 AM

Is Hotmail next?  Then my grandmother will have access to her online card games and her email in a system that doesn't require me to be over there twice a week for repair work.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 09:02:46 AM

I think we can look forward to a rebranding of the XBox.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: EA *FINALLY* signs on with X-Box Live  
Jump to: