Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:20:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: In soviet Russia, Mario controls you! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In soviet Russia, Mario controls you!  (Read 856 times)
koboshi
Contributor

Camping is a legitimate strategy.

on: October 26, 2005, 04:16:23 PM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/25/financial/f133702D73.DTL

Prepare to be remotely controlled. I was.
  Just imagine being rendered the rough equivalent of a radio-controlled toy car.
  Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp., Japans top telephone company, says it is developing the technology to perhaps make video games more realistic. But more sinister applications also come to mind.
  I can envision it being added to militaries' arsenals of so-called "non-lethal" weapons.
  A special headset was placed on my cranium by my hosts during a recent demonstration at an NTT research center. It sent a very low voltage electric current from the back of my ears through my head — either from left to right or right to left, depending on which way the joystick on a remote-control was moved.
  I found the experience unnerving and exhausting: I sought to step straight ahead but kept careening from side to side. Those alternating currents literally threw me off.
  The technology is called galvanic vestibular stimulation — essentially, electricity messes with the delicate nerves inside the ear that help maintain balance.
  I felt a mysterious, irresistible urge to start walking to the right whenever the researcher turned the switch to the right. I was convinced — mistakenly — that this was the only way to maintain my balance.
  -Steven Tyler wasn't available for comment.

All they need now is figure out go and stop, and everyone can play The Cabinet of Dr Caligari: The Home Game.

-We must teach them Max!
Hey, where do you keep that gun?
-None of your damn business, Sam.
-Shall we dance?
-Lets!
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 08:14:50 PM

Why, yes, I am disturbed.  Pretty much every bad GM's dream device.  No!  Bad player! Must Rescue Princess!

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:09:02 PM

No!  Bad player! Must Rescue Princess!
Plot device railroading to victory. Been there, done that.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: In soviet Russia, Mario controls you!  
Jump to: