Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173162 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13335 on: June 04, 2019, 07:57:08 AM

With a few more hours into Void Bastards...Ras is pretty much on point. I'd maybe add Out There as an influence for the star map part of the game. It's shallow, but like I said, that's refreshing alongside RDR2. A lot of it is atmosphere and style. Simple, fun, needs to be picked up on sale.

3/5 would definitely light up a dark hallway by 'nading three senior scribes so their bioluminescent blood covered the walls again, Barbara.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13336 on: June 10, 2019, 09:44:45 AM

Finally finished Trails of Sky Second Chapter.  80 plus hours, and that is with me reading the copious text very quickly.  It’s cheesy, derivative, sappy nonsense, but I loved every bit of it.  Started the third chapter immediately.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #13337 on: June 11, 2019, 01:31:18 PM

I picked up Circle Empires and DLC on a sale.  RTS conquer the world, where the world is a grid of 3x3, 4x4, up to 7x7 (I think) circles.  Build units, some buildings, fight.  Pretty decent for when you have only a little time to spend at the computer.

I was playing Overwatch for the anniversary event, but that's probably out of my system for now.  Having said that, Overwatch's quick matches are still a good timewaster when you only have 15-30 minutes to sit down.

Trying Divinity: Original Sin 2.  So far it's good, but I had the same impression of D:OS.  My problem is simply that I feel I need at least a couple hours straight to play a game like this to make any significant progress, and I simply do not get many 2 hour chunks of time anymore.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Dabbling with Path of Exile again for the new season, but honestly the mechanics of builds keep being a high barrier for me.   Ohhhhh, I see.  I still have not unlocked the Scion.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #13338 on: June 13, 2019, 10:00:05 AM

Finished Pillars of Eternity. Really enjoyed it, especially the story, but the endgame was dragging on me. It felt like I was experiencing loading screens more than game content. Also felt that the DLC didn't flow smoothly with the rest of the game.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13339 on: June 19, 2019, 08:22:29 AM

Started Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and am enjoying it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #13340 on: June 19, 2019, 03:40:14 PM

Finally started Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice. I have heard so much about this game and now that I have tried it I don't understand how this is not more popular. Oh right, this world is shit. While the game is fantastic.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13341 on: June 19, 2019, 10:50:44 PM

Which reminds me that I have it for VR and haven't played it enough (it takes an iron belly).  Will give it another go once I have my Index.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #13342 on: June 20, 2019, 10:40:10 AM

Finally started Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice. I have heard so much about this game and now that I have tried it I don't understand how this is not more popular. Oh right, this world is shit. While the game is fantastic.

Thanks. I hadn't even heard of it, and it looks amazing.

Like I need another time sink this summer.....
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13343 on: June 20, 2019, 11:24:42 AM

At least this one is short and easy. It must be mindblowing in VR, especially due to the audio cues. Anyway, I suppose that the reason I am liking it so much is that it's the most From Software setting (not gameplay) I've ever encountered in a game outside of a From Software game. And it's actually based on Norse mythology.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13344 on: June 20, 2019, 10:52:29 PM

It is very atmospheric in VR.  Trippy.  But because of the third person view, it is something you have to acclimate to slowly, as it will mess with your stomach.  I would like a bit crisper visuals as well, so like I said...will re-install once I have my Index.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13345 on: June 21, 2019, 06:19:56 AM

Monster Hunter was on sale and I find it is very time consuming. I need to get into the MH mindset somehow before I play it.

I'm probably going to pre-order the large version of Borderlands 3. Feel free to throw tomatoes and let me know why this is a bad idea.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13346 on: June 21, 2019, 12:35:39 PM

Monster Hunter was on sale and I find it is very time consuming. I need to get into the MH mindset somehow before I play it.
The story missions and cutscenes will calm down after a bit and you'll be able to just drop in and out of hunts as you please.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13347 on: June 21, 2019, 12:58:22 PM

I suppose it is a symptom of my lifestyle that I need games in which I can make progress in small increments. This is actually what keeps me from starting up Stardew Valley more often.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13348 on: June 21, 2019, 01:21:09 PM

I'm enjoying RDR2 more now that I've given up any idea of progress. I'm just robbing wagons to bankroll my poker habit and trying to get enough game to keep Pearson off my back.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13349 on: June 21, 2019, 02:07:38 PM

I finished Far Cry 5 and after the initial disappointment about the ending, it grew on me and overall it did not take away at all from the huge fun I had shooting my way through the game. Organically, I jumped straight into Far Cry New Dawn, which is OK and pretty, but a little too devoid of drama.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13350 on: June 21, 2019, 05:23:51 PM

I really enjoyed the heck out of FC5, and I swear 90% of it was the random female redneck NPC that reminded me of some good ol girls I grew up with. Putting Amy in the gun turret of the truck while I drove around and listening to her shoot and swear, redneck gold.

Good mechanics, too; just a fun sandbox (if you skip all the cutscene nonsense which was really bad).
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13351 on: June 21, 2019, 05:33:18 PM

I suppose it is a symptom of my lifestyle that I need games in which I can make progress in small increments. This is actually what keeps me from starting up Stardew Valley more often.
If you are playing on the PS4 and need some help to speed things along let me know.

Also for those with PS+ accounts there's a demo* of Monster Hunter: World Iceborne available to try out right now for a limited time. It includes one monster/hunt from the base game and two from the expansion.

* They call it a "beta" but it's really just a demo given how limited the experience is
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13352 on: June 25, 2019, 09:36:29 AM

I'm enjoying RDR2 more now that I've given up any idea of progress. I'm just robbing wagons to bankroll my poker habit and trying to get enough game to keep Pearson off my back.

I did this for a while as well, however Rockstar managed to piss on this as well.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13353 on: June 25, 2019, 09:41:47 AM

If you are playing on the PS4 and need some help to speed things along let me know.

I think I'll be alright, provided I can get together the time to play.

Related, I played through the latest DLC for Borderlands 2. It gives me hope that 3 will be very good.

I also did a few timed tasks in Warframe and rememebered how the game seems like work now. Path of Exile seems like less work but the current job is to get all my characters to finish the story.

Wife started Vacation Simulator and it is a definite improvement over the original. She is enjoying it. Also she whacked a curious cat with the motion wand.

Son has been playing the latest iteration of Spelunky.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #13354 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:45 PM

I got a new phone and on a lark decided to reinstall Pokemon Go. It's...actually a lot more fun than it was a few months into launch. More to do, more game stuff, still kind of a fun extra motivator to go on a long walk.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13355 on: June 26, 2019, 05:38:29 AM

I did this for a while as well, however Rockstar managed to piss on this as well.
Via the story, you mean?

I'm...still in chapter 2. I actually had to progress the chapter a bit...to unlock fishing  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13356 on: June 26, 2019, 06:24:30 AM

I got a new phone and on a lark decided to reinstall Pokemon Go. It's...actually a lot more fun than it was a few months into launch. More to do, more game stuff, still kind of a fun extra motivator to go on a long walk.

Wizards Unite, the Harry Potter (pokemon go style) game is out now as well. Wife and I are on that currently.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13357 on: June 26, 2019, 07:45:18 AM

My son only sort of encourages me to play Pokemon Go. He actually only plays when he is with friends who play or when we go someplace that he can get pokemans he doesn't have (Mister Mime in France).

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13358 on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:29 AM

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity II for the last couple of weeks and I'm having a blast. It's so much better than the first Pillars it's amazing. It's an old retro  Baldur's Gate style game and I wish I'd joined in the crowdfunding and gotten it earlier.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #13359 on: June 26, 2019, 09:50:25 AM

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity II for the last couple of weeks and I'm having a blast. It's so much better than the first Pillars it's amazing. It's an old retro  Baldur's Gate style game and I wish I'd joined in the crowdfunding and gotten it earlier.
If there is one thing that Pillars of Eternity 2 has taught me, it's how much more I enjoy turn based game play over real time with pause.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13360 on: June 26, 2019, 02:26:20 PM

Yea the sea combat was annoying to me at first but once I figured out what to do I became a terror of the high seas even in the little old Defiant.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #13361 on: June 26, 2019, 02:45:15 PM

Get a full row of double bronzers, line up within optimal range, halt for one turn and obliterate everything.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13362 on: July 02, 2019, 12:07:50 PM

Aight, Far Cry New Dawn it is. Got damn it looks nice on a 4k HDR display. I'm officially over DLP  why so serious?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13363 on: July 03, 2019, 01:50:18 PM

Lots of Borderlands 2.  Which is light years more fun than Borderlands, strangely.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13364 on: July 03, 2019, 04:33:21 PM

Aight, Far Cry New Dawn it is. Got damn it looks nice on a 4k HDR display. I'm officially over DLP  why so serious?

Unsirprisingly I am liking it less than plain Far Cry 5. I am totally on board with the whole 20 years later in the same region setting, with plenty of old friends to deal with. But the overall tone is a bit too light and bright so far. At least the gameplay and everything else is still very good.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #13365 on: July 04, 2019, 10:00:35 AM

Lots of Borderlands 2.  Which is light years more fun than Borderlands, strangely.

Have you tried the updated Borderlands?  GOTY Enhanced?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13366 on: July 04, 2019, 11:53:17 AM

I have.  It was somewhat nicer on the eyes, but still the same game and I always found it really limited.  Strangely, despite being much the same game, I enjoy 2 a hell of a lot more.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #13367 on: July 04, 2019, 05:38:49 PM

So a couple days ago I was like, hmmm, I kinda want to play some kind of MMO again.

And I realized that there was some Korean MMO I had played in beta and bought for $10 on Amazon right before it went F2P which gave me like a free mount and some other perks. But I never installed it because my old PC was too slow for it to be playable.

I had to search around to figure out what the damn game was called.

Tera

So I spent most of the day playing it. Dunno how long I will keep playing, but I had fun puttering around mindlessly today. Finally got my $10 worth, 5 years later.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13368 on: July 05, 2019, 01:42:00 AM

Koreans have the combat right. TERA was great. Unfortunately Koreans MMORPG fall apart when you reach max level, as they all become an endless grind for random enchantments, but the journey to the top is usually a lot of mindless smashy fun.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13369 on: July 05, 2019, 05:03:32 AM

That can easily be remedied by stopping to play at max level and move on to the next game, though. If the journey was worth it, then there is no harm done. I never understand that "The same game has to entertain me for years or it is a flop" mentality.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: