Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172785 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12215 on: December 15, 2017, 06:29:42 AM

Well, Vivecraft is itself a mod.  And I suspect it, too, is moddable. 
Ok, fair enough: I hadn't looked at the page in a while and they've added a ton more features. I wonder how bad it would slaughter my gpu, given that I don't play with less than a hundred mods...

So....any word on when the next gen Vive is coming out?  Cthulu
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12216 on: December 15, 2017, 07:12:05 AM

Hey Cyrrex, are you playing on Vive or Oculus, and what video card?

I'm as big a FO4 addict as there is, but I'm remaining patient waiting for some Oculus optimizations to show up. It was heartening to hear that apparently they didn't restrict mods in any ways.

Vive, and on a 1080.  Not really sure what the deal is with the Oculus stuff, I just figured it being Zenimax that Oculus would get the official middle finger.  That said, can you not just play it through Steam and take advantage of the beta fixes?

The graphical leap they pulled off with this one actually feels Next Gen.  I can't believe how sharp it is, way better than anything else I have seen.  It will start to get fuzzy off in the distance, but that can't be helped.

Oculus can play most games off of Steam VR without issue, the problem is in the control scheme. The Vive wand's touchpad doesn't have a direct correlation to the Touch controller, and apparently is very heavily used in FOVR. As a result, you get wonky shit like having to move an analog stick a third of the way to the left and then click in to do the equivalent of swiping left on the Vive.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12217 on: December 15, 2017, 11:01:05 PM

Well, Vivecraft is itself a mod.  And I suspect it, too, is moddable. 
Ok, fair enough: I hadn't looked at the page in a while and they've added a ton more features. I wonder how bad it would slaughter my gpu, given that I don't play with less than a hundred mods...

Vivecraft is, in general, less resource intensive than most other VR stuff as far as I can tell.  But that is no consolation, as you would need a top end rig in any event.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12218 on: December 15, 2017, 11:01:54 PM

Hey Cyrrex, are you playing on Vive or Oculus, and what video card?

I'm as big a FO4 addict as there is, but I'm remaining patient waiting for some Oculus optimizations to show up. It was heartening to hear that apparently they didn't restrict mods in any ways.

Vive, and on a 1080.  Not really sure what the deal is with the Oculus stuff, I just figured it being Zenimax that Oculus would get the official middle finger.  That said, can you not just play it through Steam and take advantage of the beta fixes?

The graphical leap they pulled off with this one actually feels Next Gen.  I can't believe how sharp it is, way better than anything else I have seen.  It will start to get fuzzy off in the distance, but that can't be helped.

Oculus can play most games off of Steam VR without issue, the problem is in the control scheme. The Vive wand's touchpad doesn't have a direct correlation to the Touch controller, and apparently is very heavily used in FOVR. As a result, you get wonky shit like having to move an analog stick a third of the way to the left and then click in to do the equivalent of swiping left on the Vive.

Yeah, I could see how that would be a problem.  Even with the Vive controller, the scrolling in the menus via the touchpad is going to take some getting used to.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12219 on: December 16, 2017, 09:03:19 AM

Loaded up black flag, realized I can't stand ubi sandboxes even if its in pirate costumes.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12220 on: December 16, 2017, 11:51:10 AM

Loaded up black flag, realized I can't stand ubi sandboxes even if its in pirate costumes.

Ran into the same problem.

- Viin
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12221 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:47 PM

On the one hand I want to start up GTA V but on the other hand I want to get these goddamn Overwatch skins.   Heartbreak

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12222 on: December 16, 2017, 05:04:01 PM

So I picked up one of those Lenovo 'Windows Mixed Reality' headsets that MS was selling for $200 (including the touch controllers) a few days ago.  I had to load up a beta driver to get it to work, but damn - this is a pretty fantastic toy.  Not sure how long it'll 'stick' for me, but I'm enjoying dipping my toes into VR so far.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:06:01 PM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12223 on: December 17, 2017, 03:13:08 AM

Little more on the subject of FO4VR.  In order to be fair and balanced, or something.

The haters complain a lot about the lack of QA and optimization, and this is in particular regards to the graphics themselves.  Everything else seems to be pretty well done (well, as compared to the base Fallout 4 game, you still get the usual glitches), but it is clear they let this one go into release knowing they weren't quite done with the optimizing.  The complaints around this are valid, particularly because in VR, the sharpness, resolution and AA can absolutely make or break the experience.  Bethesda did not even include any direct way in the UI to adjust all of the multitude of things that inevitably need adjusting, and this is a big miss.  They weirdly made a beta patch which worked wonders, but then when they put that same fix on the production path it was back to being broken again (i.e. super blurry in medium to long distances).

On the other hand, the community on Reddit is all over finding solutions to that shit.  With enough experimentation, which honestly does not cost me much time (and hey, I actually learn how to optimize other games as well), I can get it close to a sweet spot where it runs well enough and absolutely looks the business.  Anyone with a close to top end rig can get it looking nice and sharp.

Closing in on 5 hours of playtime, having only really cleared out Corvega and started doing the first tasks getting Sanctuary up and running.  So great.  The complaints are real, but this is still robot jesus on a piece of toast.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #12224 on: December 17, 2017, 05:01:34 PM

Decided to try Stellaris. On restart...four? because it changing display settings requires a restart. Not the best introduction to your game.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12225 on: December 18, 2017, 01:46:34 AM

Yeah, that kind of shit bugs me.  Like, in PoE, I want to use my headphones after hours so I don't disturb anyone and it requires the fucking client restarted to switch source.

It's annoying.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12226 on: December 18, 2017, 02:05:27 PM

Still dipping my toes into VR - Arizona Sunshine is gobs of fun.  It's funny - I got caught up enough in it that I ended up clanking the controllers together a couple of times trying to get a two-handed grip on my pistol.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12227 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is on hour 55 and I think I'm maybe half done? Dunno. There's a lot of stuff still left. I'm guessing a completion at a percent-of-shit-done that I'll manage will hit 110 hours plus. Maxing all of the rare blades would probably take it near 200.

Playing Minecraft on the Switch with my son. Lots of fun. He really wants to do servers with his friends, but he's 8. I'm not so sure about this. Also, I think he's the only kid with a gaming PC among them.

Also, anyone have suggestions for mods (or servers) that would be age appropriate? Kid likes to build, but survival on easy is about how dangerous he's comfortable with.  He bitches at me a lot for doing hazardous stuff and dying so often (HELLO GHASTS).

-Rasix
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12228 on: December 19, 2017, 06:48:53 AM

Also, anyone have suggestions for mods (or servers) that would be age appropriate? Kid likes to build, but survival on easy is about how dangerous he's comfortable with.  He bitches at me a lot for doing hazardous stuff and dying so often (HELLO GHASTS).

Lol this is definitely an 8 year old thing.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12229 on: December 19, 2017, 07:50:09 AM

I'd like to help but I don't understand children.

That's why I don't talk politics with people, either.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12230 on: December 19, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

I'd like to help but I don't understand children.

That's why I don't talk politics with people, either.

For someone who doesn't talk about politics you sure talk a lot about how you don't talk about politics.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12231 on: December 20, 2017, 06:24:16 AM

1. I don't.
2. It's a joke. Lighten up, Francis.
3. Liberal fascism is the reason we have the current political situation.
4.  why so serious?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12232 on: December 20, 2017, 07:15:54 AM

I decided to go ahead and move to the conclusion of AC: Origins. And so of course, I have to do something that the game has asked me to do only once: naval combat.

This is such an Ubi move and I fucking hate it. "Have you been enjoying your game so far? Time to see the exciting end: we want you to do something that the game has not done at all so far, that we've implemented awkwardly, rather than the things you've been doing all along."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12233 on: December 20, 2017, 08:30:24 AM

I decided to go ahead and move to the conclusion of AC: Origins. And so of course, I have to do something that the game has asked me to do only once: naval combat.

This is such an Ubi move and I fucking hate it. "Have you been enjoying your game so far? Time to see the exciting end: we want you to do something that the game has not done at all so far, that we've implemented awkwardly, rather than the things you've been doing all along."

That is exactly the problem I had with the first one. A great game, right up until all the things you've been doing (killing one dude silently) are thrown out the window for the one thing you've been punished for doing throughout the game (fighting a goddamn army of enemies).

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12234 on: December 20, 2017, 05:14:30 PM

I'm seriously thinking of buying Starcraft Remastered since it's on sale for like $12.  I played the shit out of the original but never really got hooked the same way with SC2.  Has anyone tried it and has the upgrade been a success or does it just not hold up anymore?
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #12235 on: December 20, 2017, 08:42:27 PM

I bought it and played thru the first human campaign.  It's still Starcraft; they were very careful to preserve a lot if the quirks that made it what it was.  I quit because I'm too slow to play like I used to.  Years of turn-based games and the fact that I'm almost 50 just make RTS games faster-paced than I find entertaining.  But if you loved the first, and still like RTS games, it's definitely worth $12.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #12236 on: December 21, 2017, 04:44:57 PM

Am I the only one playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12237 on: December 21, 2017, 09:51:22 PM

No, a few of us dabble in it. I haven't launched it for the 1.0 release yet though, probably will this weekend.

- Viin
Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #12238 on: December 22, 2017, 12:01:24 PM

I suggest purchasing (renting) a realm.  I just set one up for my 9 year old son and his friends: it's essentially a private server hosted by Microsoft, where you get to control who plays and the rules used.  It's only $8 a month for the subscription for up to 11 players, and it can me mixed between Android, iOS, XBox console, and Windows 10 clients (all possible after the Better Together Update). 

It's painful to set up (everyone needs a free XBox Live ID) but once you do it's seamless, and we have players spread across three cities that can all play in the same world.

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #12239 on: December 22, 2017, 04:47:04 PM

No, a few of us dabble in it. I haven't launched it for the 1.0 release yet though, probably will this weekend.

Do you play squads at all?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12240 on: December 25, 2017, 09:46:07 PM

Am I the only one playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds?

I do squad with my brother and some friends on occasion.

Some of them are trying to get me to play it on XBox, but I can't imagine that being anything but a huge downgrade in almost every possible way.

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12241 on: December 26, 2017, 02:18:44 AM

I usually don't ditch games but with cuphead i'm making an exception. Beat grim matchstick and rumor boneybottom and just stopped having interest in learning yet another bosses pattern. Fuck me its an infuriating game

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12242 on: December 27, 2017, 07:25:36 AM

Started Witcher 3 and raipidly hit the conclusion that I have to go on easy mode as I simply cant handle the combat system, and its far too much twitch for my old fingers. I seem to have just lost a lot of finger function over the last year with all the hospital stays and antibiotics and other shit I was on. The problem is that "easy" is just not satisfying to me. Plus it says my save games are going to be "in the cloud." I don't WANT my saves in the fucking cloud. Fuck off with that shit, I have space on my fucking hard drive, I don't NEED to be connected to your fucking servers, you dicks.

Been watching a fallout 4 stream and its making me want to give it a whirl.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12243 on: December 27, 2017, 07:29:44 AM

I have gaming ADD. Like really bad. In addition to playing at least one game of League of Legends a night, I'm juggling: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Final Fantasy VII, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, Madden NFL 18, Drive Club, some Street Fighter V when I have a few minutes, Destiny, and now I bought GT Sport. I may actually have something wrong with me.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12244 on: December 27, 2017, 08:16:58 AM

Finally picked up Etrain Odyssey V on the 3DS. It's a return to the "one giant dungeon" ala 1&2 which is nice, but they've changed a lot of the UI in annoying ways. It's certainly not the best entry in the series but it's still EO so I'm enjoying it.

Also playing Total War: Warhammer II, doing an easy campaign as dark elves to start. Probably going to pick up the first one while it's still on sale.

Working on a bunch of other 3DS stuff periodically too: Pokemon Ultra Moon with the kid, Animal Crossing with the wife, and Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (which is kind of worse than the first SoS) on my own.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12245 on: December 27, 2017, 09:47:46 AM

Been playing a little Friday the 13th.  I still don't know what the hell I'm doing but it's pretty fun.   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #12246 on: December 27, 2017, 11:27:19 AM

Grabbed Little Nightmares (among others) in the Steam Sale and am probably about halfway through that.  Would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who liked Limbo; it's a beautiful game with a Burton/Gorey goth/steampunk aesthetic, gameplay is pretty straightforward platformer/puzzle stuff.
I agree on this, given that its bit short like limbo/inside its a typical buy on sale game.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12247 on: December 27, 2017, 03:17:55 PM

Got a PS4 so we played some Injustice 2 (it was fine, but fuck some of those combos), Persona 5 (great), and Horizon Zero Dawn (ok? haven't decided yet). Star Wars Battlefront II is waiting (it was a bundle, cheaper than the stand-alone), the Uncharted series, Last of Us.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12248 on: December 27, 2017, 04:36:58 PM

I usually don't ditch games but with cuphead i'm making an exception. Beat grim matchstick and rumor boneybottom and just stopped having interest in learning yet another bosses pattern. Fuck me its an infuriating game

I almost never do this, but with Cuphead I just watched a playthrough so I could see and enjoy the 30's animation style.

Honestly, I don't think I have ever actually enjoyed that style of gameplay.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12249 on: December 28, 2017, 03:06:28 PM

Picked up Everspace during the winter sale.  It's a fun roguelike lightweight space shooter that I'm having some fun with.  That said, it became something else entirely when I ran it in VR, so now I'm eyeing HOTAS setups because I wanna play Elite Dangerous this way.

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: