Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172734 times)
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #12040 on: September 09, 2017, 05:52:19 PM

I'm playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battles and this game is much better and more well polished than it has every right to be given the topic.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the game.  I'm not entirely sold on the crossover aspect, it's mostly just the two franchises kinda standing next to each other rather than any kind of novel mechanics or interactions between them (maybe partly because neither of them are really TBS games to start with).  Gameplay is pretty fun, though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12041 on: September 11, 2017, 07:30:03 AM

I'd only play 7 Days with someone else, it's just too fucking depressing otherwise.  Which explains why I haven't played it since the big patch even though I want to.

I look at the Horizon icon but keep going to something else.  I'll go back eventually.  Lately I've progressed in Bloodborne and FFXII.

I've also been playing Siralim 2 on my Vita.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12042 on: September 11, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

I played Life is Strange last week.  It was pretty good -- I didn't love it as much as Gone Home, but that's the easiest game to compare it to.

Finally pulled the trigger on a new gaming PC (current one is more than six years old so it was past time) and am looking forward to playing the most recent Doom game when it arrives.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12043 on: September 11, 2017, 05:59:35 PM

I tried a new game of Civ VI after they supposedly made changes over the summer. Verdict: the diplomatic AI is still so utterly fucked that it's still no fun at all. Got bored, stopped.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12044 on: September 14, 2017, 07:53:26 PM

Started replaying FF7; just got to Junon. I missed this game.

Debating whether or not I'm done with Project Ozone 2 (Minecraft); the Nu book has a ton of quests in it, but they're all a bit dick-punchy and there's no carrot at the end. And if I'm done, do I jump into another pack right away or take some time off and play something else?

Etrian Odyssey V's demo dropped today too, so I need to check that out.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12045 on: September 15, 2017, 05:35:43 AM

I played some Statik and enjoyed it until I got stuck on one of the puzzles.  Will try again later.

Then Horizon.  Finishing quests and minor upgrades to the equips.  Got a few mods from the Thunderjaw Bros, the Rockbreaker corrupted zone, and a Stormbird that looked at me funny.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12046 on: September 15, 2017, 10:43:53 AM

Divinity 2 released yesterday. Is it any good?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12047 on: September 15, 2017, 11:58:15 AM

I was confused, but I think you mean Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I'm saving D:OS for when I'm rich and everyone I love is dead.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12048 on: September 15, 2017, 08:22:09 PM

I was given a freebie of this some time ago and only messed around for a few hours.  Now that it's "properly" released I started it for real.  Some of it doesn't seem quite done.  During character creation there's an option for features that's listed but not actually available.  You can choose to use a controller, but it doesn't work.  I haven't gone very far into it yet but it seems pretty good so far.  I don't know what else is missing or what doesn't work but if it's too long a list, I'll put it away again until later.  Hope not, though.  I really kind of want to play it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12049 on: September 17, 2017, 04:23:12 PM

Divinity 2 released yesterday. Is it any good?

It's pretty decent so far. One early CTD, but my drivers were a bit old, so maybe that was a factor.

The writing already seems a lot better. The voice acting is already a lot better. It seems like they've tweaked how armor works, and it's not very well explained at first. It still feels all very familiar, so it was easy to jump into. Feels more like a well done expansion rather than a new game.

It's also prettier, but a bit more of a system hog. Granted I'm playing on a 4 year old system at this point.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12050 on: September 18, 2017, 08:05:52 AM

Aaand back to minecraft. Finally trying out 1.10, though!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12051 on: September 18, 2017, 08:44:58 AM

I did get the controller to work and running around is much easier.  For some reason the right mouse button (camera) doesn't work.  I have mice lying about so I'll dig up one that works.  Maybe.  The controller is fine for most stuff.  I also figured out that "facial features" is for women who want beards and doesn't work because women don't really want beards.  Just another thing to shave. 

I just noticed that I've played 30-some hours of this and yet I've not even found all the companions in the first port.  Why?  Because it doesn't turn itself off when I stop playing.  Also, I keep losing my cat.  :(  I cannot carry on when it's missing or dead because I already love it so I start over a lot.   rolleyes   Don't fall into my OCD traps or you will hate yourself and add hundreds of hours to this game.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12052 on: September 18, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Destiny 2, Horizon, Siralim 2, Hexcells Infinite.  The 3rd Hexcells is much more of a challenge than the first two.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #12053 on: September 18, 2017, 03:48:32 PM

Cook Serve Delicious 2 gives me severe anxiety. Great game but god damn is it stressful
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #12054 on: September 18, 2017, 05:28:44 PM

Still putting 6-10 hours a week into PUBG and puttering through Dishonoured 2, which I'm not sure I'll finish.

Puzzle and Dragons got it's hooks into me somehow as well.

Eyeing Divinity 2 but I may wait for the first price drop on that one.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12055 on: September 18, 2017, 07:41:07 PM

Aaand back to minecraft. Finally trying out 1.10, though!

Unmodded or modded?

I've been playing GTA Online. I get into other people's cars, or drive huge semis around to create large traffic jams, or run up the highest mountain I see. There is a lot to explore.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12056 on: September 18, 2017, 08:47:48 PM

People play unmodded Minecraft?  Head scratch  why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12057 on: September 18, 2017, 09:48:15 PM

People play unmodded Minecraft?  Head scratch  why so serious?
inorite

Playing the Forever Stranded modpack.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:50:33 PM by Sky »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12058 on: September 19, 2017, 05:20:25 PM

Already did a restart on D:OS 2.  They really wanted to make sure that almost everything can kill the shit out of you in this one. Early on, it seems like anything other than a warrior you have have to baby or it'll get killed in a turn. It's basically the same gripe I had with the first, the difficulty early on is really uneven.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12059 on: September 20, 2017, 12:00:37 AM

Yes, I'm being killed all the time.  Or my cat is being killed or lost.  Sometimes I find his body in the middle of nowhere.  On a rock or behind some plants.  It's very depressing.  Thank God for Xanax.  Tomorrow I'm taking a break.  I don't know why it's making me so sad.  I have my real cats here and they're wonderful.  Just not wonderful enough, I guess.  All I can think about is my black game cat named Black Cat.  I have restarted this game seven times and never made out of the first town. 

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #12060 on: September 20, 2017, 02:42:15 AM

The new Evereybody's Golf/Hotshots Golf is pretty good if a bit grindy
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12061 on: September 20, 2017, 06:16:25 AM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12062 on: September 20, 2017, 08:19:07 AM

Thank you SO much, Sky!  Maybe I won't take a break. 

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12063 on: September 20, 2017, 08:58:23 AM

Nothing but Divinity: OS2 since it released. Its weak on the documentation side, and had a few bugs they needed to hotfix - but that said, I think its easily the best RPG to come out since Witcher 3.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #12064 on: September 20, 2017, 08:08:09 PM

Is the story any better than D:OS? I lost all interest when they went the used to be a god route.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12065 on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:41 PM

Well, the game is called Divinity, so that plays a roll. The basic premise is that the Divine dies and his "successor" imprisons anyone who might be a potential competitor to him for ascension.

The big difference is that they created five playable characters with deep back stories that intertwine with all the events. They serve as companions and you can play one of them or make your own character. As whatever main character you are, you progress from escaping prison through ascending to divinity yourself (I assume, I'm only 16 hours in).

So far I'm loving the writing.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12066 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:25 AM

Finished the main story line through FFXIV Stormblood. Was a great time, but taking a break in preparation for Destiny 2 on PC. Playing some season 11 D3 to pass the time, along with Iron Marines on my mobile. <3 Kingdom Rush, and these guys are back with a pretty decent RTS. I'm not gonna say it's StarCraft 2 on a handheld, but it's pretty damn close.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12067 on: September 22, 2017, 09:15:45 AM

Bought Stellaris.  It's mystifying.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #12068 on: September 24, 2017, 05:21:20 AM

Battlegrounds on Steam!

I'm terrible at it, but very engaging game.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12069 on: September 25, 2017, 12:12:17 PM

I'm playing lots of games at a top level. I bought Hob for PS4, which releases tonight. Runic games is around the corner from my office so I had to drop the $20 to see what they do with something not Torchlight.

I also snagged Steamworld Dig 2, which is very good on Switch. If you liked the first, this is more of the formula. Lots more.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12070 on: September 25, 2017, 12:36:34 PM

While out shopping this weekend, I decided to stop into a Gamestop just to see if there were any good used deals on PS4 games. Lo and behold, Destiny 1 (sans DLC) was there for $3. Three goddamn dollars. Fuck it, I'll give this a whirl, I spent more than that on the oversweet McDonald's coffee that morning. 34 GB of downloaded updates later (meaning the next fucking day), I start to play it.

I'm impressed. It's very pretty. It may be a smidge over designed in the UI (like really artsy minimalist design) but the shooting is good and I say this as someone who is fucking terrible with console shooters. The hitboxes feel HUGE, which makes up for the thumbstick aiming. I'm terrible in PVP but meh, this looks like something that'll be fun once I finish Persona 5. Three bucks is a steal and I may even drop the $20 for the 2 expansions to bring me up to date on it.

Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #12071 on: September 26, 2017, 01:05:17 AM

BlackICE version 9 for HOI III just came out, so I fired up a new Germany campaign.

The allies convinced Belgium to break neutrality in late October 39, so I developed a new strategy for France. Step 1 consisted of war being declared on the Netherlands to circumvent the strong Belgian frontier, with a large force to draw further forces away from central France and the Maginot line. This was mainly a large faint attack, although if a weak response came, I would push the attack along the coast in a giant enveloping attack heading inlands between Brussels and Paris while hopefully swooping Paris up along the way.

Step 2 was initiated 5 days later and consisted of my Main attack through the lower valleys of the Switzerland alps. Spearheaded by dedicated fortress buster divisions against the strongly fortified lines, the panzer arm would be unleashed after the first line had fallen. In the meanwhile four divisions of paratroopers would be dropped behind the lines to battle for the valley and secure the route into the back of the Maginot line. Additional transports was prioritised for hauling fuel and supplies to the front, so to keep up the speed. So far it went very well and the uncommitted french reserves was drained heavily by my northern faint attack. They had some to pluck the gap but no armor divisions among them, so they could not hold the line.  Complete enveloping of the marginot line is now completed after a last attack through the Ardennes with my last strategic armor reserve, and while the french and British try to rebuild a line to slow my advance against Paris, it is only a matter of time before France falls to the roaring huns.

Switzerlands still fights and are holding their own in two large pockets in the alps. Containment and keeping the valley open is acceptable for now. The Netherlands was a pushover, but Belgium together with ample french and british support is proving very stubborn and the battle for Brussels is going very slow, but a panzercorps is pushing around the Capital from Antwerpen and will envelop the defenders if they do not withdraw soon. Breaking Belgium is the key to free up divisions for a last thrust towards Paris and Normandy and securing the new order.

Overall I am happy with the streamlining of BlackICE and the additional events. It's much more stable as well. For grognards this is the best strategic simulator of WW2 hands down.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:11:32 AM by Korachia »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12072 on: September 26, 2017, 03:55:14 AM

Hmm, interesting.  I could never get into HOI III, as I felt they took some steps backwards from 2.  Though I honestly didn't really get that far.  HOI 4 has been such a clusterfuck so far though, this sounds like it might be fun.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12073 on: September 26, 2017, 04:10:57 AM

Thanks, that reminded me to check how BlackIce for HOI4 is doing (mkII just came out this month!)

hoi4 is a terrible game and I do not recommend it
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #12074 on: September 26, 2017, 05:25:27 AM

Hah yeah, from what I have seen of HOI4 it truly seems too arcade for my taste. I can't believe they removed soo much realism and went with such a shallow concept this time around. Then again, HOI 3 was the most hardcore and micro intensive detail oriented game they have made, especially with BICE enabled, and it's truly not something you can play casually.

But have anybody played the new expansion to HOI4, and what's their thoughts? Still a clusterfuck with a brick for an IA?

HOI 2 and 3 are definitely different, but I really really like the hierarchy command system in 3 and the greater detail. With BlackICE HOI3 also have the soul of HOI2, where one can truly emerge into the game and learn something about WW2.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: