Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2185657 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10220 on: June 30, 2015, 01:12:12 PM

Yeah, the Commando is a solid character but not nearly as easy to play as some of the others. Unlock the huntress; she's easy mode.

I'm playing Sunless Sea and it is really cool despite it requiring wiki research or just extraordinary luck to have any idea where to find the shit you need to satisfy just about any win condition of the game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10221 on: June 30, 2015, 08:17:58 PM

Dragon's Crown.  It distracted me from LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean.

Also a small amount of Diablo III.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #10222 on: July 02, 2015, 11:23:02 AM

Started on the Game of Thrones game from Telltale.  I like it so far.  Much like the Walking Dead games, it feels just close enough to the main plot to be relevant to the world while still being its own thing.  The Telltale schtick of "decide who to piss off and/or lie to" works really well for the setting too.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10223 on: July 02, 2015, 11:50:19 AM

I'm playing "Got a decent computer chair today *spin* Whee!!!"

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10224 on: July 02, 2015, 12:08:26 PM

So you upgraded your chair but not your PC? For shame.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #10225 on: July 02, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

I just spent about $300 on a custom WASD 87 Key + a Filco TenKeyPad.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10226 on: July 02, 2015, 02:40:34 PM

I'm using a keyboard from the mid-nineties.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10227 on: July 02, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

I'm using a keyboard from the mid-nineties.
I burned through all my model Ms and I'm too lazy to clean them. This Das Keyboard would easily be cleaned but it's going in the trash instead. I abuse the shit out of my keyboards.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10228 on: July 02, 2015, 09:27:54 PM

Speaking of abusing keyboards, I set up a Windows 2012 EC2 in AWS and installed Terraria 1.3 on it.  Works surprisingly well on a t2.micro, unlike Starbound (on Ubuntu 14) which I believe fills up that 1GB RAM after a couple of hours.

I've also been playing more Diablo III.  I've found more rares in the last three game-hours than I did the entirety of my past sessions.  Just for my wizard, that's over 90 hours.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10229 on: July 02, 2015, 11:03:01 PM

Hmm.. I am in the market for a new chair and would be interested to know what you bought and how you like it.

To keep on topic, I have been playing Gemcraft - Chasing Shadows, and Planetside 2 on PS4, which is disturbingly buggy. Spent a night trying to play with friends in a squad, to no avail. Same server, same faction, just broken.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10230 on: July 07, 2015, 10:05:57 AM

Most recent rotation: Terraria with the boy, Destiny with friends, and Borderlands 2 on Vita.  BL2 on Vita is great only because I love BL2.  Considering getting the latest version of it with the new shit on PS4.

schild
Administrator

Reply #10231 on: July 07, 2015, 02:57:34 PM

Is Borderlands actually playable on the Vita? Do you have a "new" Vita or an "old" vita?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10232 on: July 08, 2015, 06:36:52 AM

It's ... I think you really have to like BL2 a lot.  Using the rear touchpads as buttons works better in BL2 than in any other game I've tried, but if you have big hands then you'll hate it overall.  If you simply must play BL2 while taking a shit, you might consider it.

I have the most recent Vita.  The one that came with BL2, in fact, which is why I even have that version of the game.  I don't care too much for the unremovable battery.

Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #10233 on: July 10, 2015, 04:13:03 PM

Been playing Planetside 2 - really fun and takes me back to endless hours in the originals...

However been unable to log in for the past two days as they are currently under DDOS attack due to some comments form John Smedley on Twitter...

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #10234 on: July 10, 2015, 06:36:38 PM

Yeah, Planetside 2 has really come around. My biggest issue with the game is that the alerts are pretty much the only time strategy starts to matter, but the gameplay is solid and if you run with a good outfit you can do awesome things.  Not sure how it plays as a lone wolf.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10235 on: July 16, 2015, 03:11:25 PM

What fun non-actiony game should I be playing?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10236 on: July 16, 2015, 03:36:31 PM

Started playing "The Secret World" last week. At its heart its a "kill 10 bears" game in terms of its missions, but its got oodles of atmosphere and I like the leveling system. Probably will buy the issues and stick with it for a while.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10237 on: July 16, 2015, 06:27:07 PM

I liked the atmosphere but I couldn't get past the "kill ten bears". In fact the "kill ten bears" problem killed the atmosphere for me.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #10238 on: July 17, 2015, 12:49:26 AM

There are so many NOT-kill ten bears quests in that game, and possibly the best quests from any MMORPG ever, that I am surprised that's what you noticed.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10239 on: July 17, 2015, 05:28:51 AM

I guess it just felt to me like there shouldn't be any given the setting. I dunno, immersion's a fragile thing. I tried it after a period of serious irritation with MMOs so that was part of it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10240 on: July 17, 2015, 10:47:20 AM

I guess it just felt to me like there shouldn't be any given the setting. I dunno, immersion's a fragile thing. I tried it after a period of serious irritation with MMOs so that was part of it.

I think the problem is the minor quests as they are all "Kill X" quests. The ones from the NPCs are far more interesting. I think I'll just avoid those. Anyway, its definitely good enough without those to keep me playing for a bit.

Hic sunt dracones.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #10241 on: July 19, 2015, 10:40:34 AM

I think the problem is the minor quests as they are all "Kill X" quests. The ones from the NPCs are far more interesting. I think I'll just avoid those. Anyway, its definitely good enough without those to keep me playing for a bit.

Just take them and let them run in the background as you go about doing the "real" quests. But yeah if they bother you just skip them entirely. Especially after the intro region revamp we just had there is no shortage of AP to "level" your character. And honestly, considering the zombie overpopulation problem Kingsmouth is having right now I find it entirely reasonable that some locals might be placing a bounty on thinning them out a bit...

And speaking of that, I'd advise to resist the urge to "reroll" a character if you find that you've made bad choices and gimped them a bit. The game is set up with the intent that you adjust your build and weapons to best meet whatever challenge you are facing at the moment, so at some point it is likely you will need one of those "useless" skills you've bought.

More unasked for advice: Remember to equip and advance two weapons at once. Also, talismans are more important that weapons, and your SP is more important than AP (in other words, raising the skill points associated with the Quality Level required to equip weapons and talismans is more important than how much of the skill wheel you've opened -- at least in the early part of the game).

Read lore as you get it, and resist the urge to "wait until I have a complete set." Often the lore snippets are placed in places where they give important clues to missions in that area -- and are just cool to read anyway.

I could go on, but I'll shut up now unless asked. TSW has been my favorite MMO for the past three years, and I have a tendency to fanboy over it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10242 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:38 AM

I've been convinced to play Elder Scrolls Online.  It's actually pretty good compared to what I (and everyone else) has been told.  That said, I'm ready for F13 to point out the errors I have made in my life up to this point that led me to this ruinous state.

I've also been convinced to play Mushroom Wars again, and actually "lost" yesterday.  My wife gave up since we were basically at a stalemate and she doesn't like the controls, so I let her have the "win" because.

Small amount of Dragon Age 3.  I've managed to get to the desert area. Ohhhhh, I see.

76% in LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean.  Still no closer to remembering how to spell "Caribbean".

I also got in some Path of Exile but forgot about it due to all of the other shit going on this past week and weekend.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:42:20 AM by Yegolev »

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10243 on: July 20, 2015, 09:51:35 AM

I've been convinced to play Elder Scrolls Online.  It's actually pretty good compared to what I (and everyone else) has been told.  That said, I'm ready for F13 to point out the errors I have made in my life up to this point that led me to this ruinous state.
Hey, I'm playing Rift right now, I won't judge  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10244 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:51 PM

It's not awesome or anything, but it is infinitely better than beta and at release.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #10245 on: July 20, 2015, 05:17:00 PM

There's a TESO radicalthon going on right now.

OK, how is "radicalthon" not in the spell checker?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10246 on: July 20, 2015, 06:28:32 PM

Eh, I wish I'd known that while I was stuck at work.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10247 on: July 21, 2015, 08:09:00 AM

There's a TESO radicalthon going on right now.

OK, how is "radicalthon" not in the spell checker?

I think F13 made it up.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10248 on: July 21, 2015, 10:24:52 AM

Just take them and let them run in the background as you go about doing the "real" quests.

Yeah. I was on the verge of rerolling the other day but I said fuck it. Anyway thanks for the advice. Its reall telling. I didnt care for the first eqypt zome, but the second one is really really good and I'm actually taking my time with it just to listen to the "Family" argue with one another. Really well done. :)

Hic sunt dracones.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10249 on: July 21, 2015, 10:38:14 AM

It's not awesome or anything, but it is infinitely better than beta and at release.

When Wildstar is the worst MMO I've played in years (that I payed for), you know we've come a long way.

It would be interesting to see where all of the AAA MMOs are currently in regards to new player experience and overall quality.  Not that I have any desire, time or money to explore this.  I'd rather just play FFXIV at the moment and enjoy my hour or two a night.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #10250 on: July 21, 2015, 11:20:32 AM

You paid for Wildstar ?  You poor wee soul.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10251 on: July 21, 2015, 11:23:55 AM

New player experience in TESO isn't by far the worst I've ever had, but that is meaningless among people like me who started off with UO.  It's almost as good as a standalone Elder Scrolls, IMO.  Plus I found four food recipes before I was shit out into the main game.

It gets a tiny bit rougher once you're in the main world just because of all the shit going on, but I figure if you can manage Ogrimmar then you can manage this.

If crafting gives you a boner, go ahead and unzip your pants.

I didn't play anything last night, but I did find a tool that is supposed to move my Win7 boot disk to a new one.  I also am considering upgrading the disk inside my PS4.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10252 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:02 PM

Rift has been having some stability issues with the newest gameplay update, but they are updating regularly with content. The gameplay is still solid and they've added a lot of quality of life stuff - finally got appearance slots right after all this time, you just unlock an item model with one character and all characters have access to it.

On the other hand, it's clearly a f2p game making good money in the shop judging by the folks I see running around. So there is a bit of paywall, can't equip the earrings I got because I didn't buy the expansion or whatever unlocks earring slots. Not the end of the world. The story, writing and its presentation is still horrible (and I'm pretty forgiving of game writers).

Great for a quick half-hour dip to run around and play a bit before bed. Also good for adhd running about, chase a couple rifts, do some zone events, get some lewtz.

There is a lot of stuff I haven't messed with, apparently a ton of end game content added, new continents, underwater stuff. It's, again, not presented well, as I have no idea why there is all this extra, unexplained, stuff.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10253 on: July 21, 2015, 12:47:18 PM

You paid for Wildstar ?  You poor wee soul.

I blame other people for that.   awesome, for real

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10254 on: July 21, 2015, 06:39:26 PM

Yeah, apparently the paywall got egregious as Rift went on. I was psyched for the new account-wide, server-spcific shared bank, mostly to get around the endless crafting goods shuffle (though they did add in craft from bank which is awesome and was long overdue).

2700 gems, or almost 20 bucks for the shared bank. Ye gods.

And I'm on a subscription account (free for 15 days, but still...I can see for the f2p, but for subs?)

edit: just unlocking a bag slot is like $5 and not account-wide.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:32:06 PM by Sky »
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: