Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Friday. Magic night. Be there. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Friday. Magic night. Be there.  (Read 11833 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 16, 2005, 03:42:40 PM

5th pick air elemental? Must have been a draft where everyone hated blue.

I always find it hard to evaluate the hand disruption cards in limited.

Hand disruption is.....   interesting in draft. 

Most discard is only really effective beginning game,  so when you draw into a mindrot on turn 10 or 12 it's completely wasted.  I know I start hanging onto lands in hand after I get 8 or so in play,  and I've seen alot of others do the same just to blunt potential discard or bluff the nasty combat trick.

Pretty much,  to guarantee an early game effect you need to run a full set of discard.  Which most likely you can't possibly draft.

It's the same for land d.  Every now and then you run into someone who managed to draft 3 or 4 stone rains and goes at your land,  but one stone rain is a negligible card.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 16, 2005, 05:06:51 PM

Yeah that's kind of how I look at it. Although if you plan on winning in the early game it isn't so bad. In my terrible league I at one point tried a land destruction deck that had 3 (?) pieces of land destruction and that was probably the best permutation of my sad deck. The idea was land destruction is useless late game, but my deck was going to roll over and die in a late game anyway, so try to accentuate the positive. If I draw the land D early it helps me, if I draw it late it hurts but I'd be dead either way.

I've drafted a couple decks like that as well. I can only win by winning early so I play that will help me do that, even if it sabotages my late game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: October 17, 2005, 09:40:07 AM

ARRGGH. Apparently I am completely incapable of remembering to log on and play Friday nights.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Friday. Magic night. Be there.  
Jump to: