Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Guild Wars sells a million boxes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars sells a million boxes  (Read 17851 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 05:18:23 AM

A somewhat related thought:  Do any of you guys get pulled into a game due to seeing the expansion box on the shelf?  I typically look at it and figure I'm not going to drop money for the main game plus expansion to get into a game I'm 6-12 months behind on.  Plus, I typically look at games with expansions as old and not worth my time if there are newer alternatives out.  That's just me though.

If something looks interesting, but not au$80 worth of interesting, I'll sometimes pick it up a year later with the Stuff + Expansion Uberpack. That's if it still looks interesting that much later. And usually, when the Stuff + Expansion Uberpack drops to au$50 -ish or EB has a clazy sale..

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 08:54:55 AM

Did I miss something?
If he's like me, he has an unlimited amount of hate for the phrase "going forward".

Bah, I've uninstalled it a long time ago anyway. $20 for FATE gets me more Diablo-style entertainment than GW.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: October 03, 2005, 08:57:56 AM

• They mention "significant expansion" to the cooperative play side of things, which to me means, a focus on more content and dynamics for the PvE player.

Blearg.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Guild Wars sells a million boxes  
Jump to: