Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Severance - Emerald Dream PvP/RP (Horde) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Severance - Emerald Dream PvP/RP (Horde)  (Read 84170 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #280 on: October 02, 2005, 07:47:28 PM

My attempt at RP was refuted!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #281 on: October 02, 2005, 08:08:29 PM

Sometimes you guys scare me. 

I got a Warlock to level 9 now also, almost 10.  I love my rogue but do not want the level spread to get to vast between my friend and I.  I figure I can tinker with my pet guy (oooh pets in this game are the bestest ever) whenever I want.  Its kinda nice playing a MMORPG that is, you know, fun.  But odd.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: October 03, 2005, 01:02:00 AM

My attempt at RP was refuted!

Er, what the fuck is that all about ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #283 on: October 03, 2005, 04:53:06 AM

I am in such a fucking rut.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #284 on: October 03, 2005, 02:27:02 PM

Gota love RPers, they are all high and mighty about staying "IC" until you actually RP them a situation they cant han dle, then its all down hill... or uphill I guess, if you find this shit funny like most of us here do.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #285 on: October 03, 2005, 02:29:59 PM

There are RPers on our server?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #286 on: October 03, 2005, 02:55:23 PM

Bonegnasher was the one arr peeing, right?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: October 03, 2005, 07:55:25 PM

Bonegnasher was the one arr peeing, right?

Ya but he was like 'on da phone with da girlfriend'.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: October 06, 2005, 07:26:31 AM

I found hillsbrad and stranglethorn to be great fun when I rolled on my current server as it opened. The thing is though... it was the holidays for us so we were right up there in levels. Judging by an ex-guildy of mine who rerolled on maelstrom being 60 and geared in LBRS drops already you guys are not up there so much. Being behind the curve on a new PVP server is just asking for trouble... :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 07:45:40 AM by Calantus »
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #289 on: October 07, 2005, 06:06:23 PM

Can any high levels help a friend and I through a lower level elite quest?  Its called "Assault on Fenris Island,"  and comes complete with a level 24 elite boss.  If you can I will be in the game as Arzhel.  Also we would be proud to join the F13 branch of the guild in WoW!  Just toss me an invite.

Ill be on until 11pm EST at the very least; various other times this weekend as my addiction dictates! 

Thanks!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: October 08, 2005, 01:27:09 AM

Can any high levels help a friend and I through a lower level elite quest?  Its called "Assault on Fenris Island,"  and comes complete with a level 24 elite boss.
You should mention it's a Horde quest in Silverpine Forest (undead lands) you get after two or three initial quests. Dunno if it can be shared with someone who hasn't done those initial ones.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #291 on: October 08, 2005, 06:02:04 AM

You should mention it's a Horde quest in Silverpine Forest (undead lands) you get after two or three initial quests. Dunno if it can be shared with someone who hasn't done those initial ones.

Good point.  It takes place in Silverpine, and basically a boss on Fenris island needs a good ol fashioned dirt nap.  Stray was working on getting this quest on his character also (we helped him through the first 3 parts), and hopefully we can find someone benevolent enough to kill the boss and his guards for us.  The reward is a sword that I yearn for very badly!

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: October 09, 2005, 12:44:38 AM

Make sure ya do the severed head quest there too. Nets ya some decent loot if I recall correctly.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #293 on: October 10, 2005, 10:24:39 AM

I need to finish that quest myself. There are lots and lots of mobs in that damn castle.

Of course, my computer crapped out on me this weekend, so I probably won't be on much this week.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #294 on: October 10, 2005, 10:32:11 AM

I need to finish that quest myself. There are lots and lots of mobs in that damn castle.

Of course, my computer crapped out on me this weekend, so I probably won't be on much this week.

Merusk walked us through the assault quest; was a blast!  Thanks again go to Merusk.  Urmine and I tackled the head quest, and I can help whomever needs assistance with it.  I can also help with assault, but we would need more firepower then what Urmine and I can offer.  If anyone needs help with quests level 20 or lower in Silverpine or Tirigal (sp?) just let me know; I am all about helping others!  Also Urmine and I can use any donations of wool that people do not want.  I could use leather stuff as well.

FYI,
Arzhel and Urmine are now level 20. 

Arzhel = 120+ Smithy
Urmine = 130+ Alchemy

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #295 on: October 12, 2005, 09:50:13 AM

I have the head... brought it back to Org with me because I didn't read the quest and didn't know his grave was somewhere on the island.  I need to go back, so I'll help out anybody that needs to hit the island.  It didn't seem to be the least bit difficult, I guess they nerfed the boss levels or something?  I was able to two-man it when I was around 25.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #296 on: October 12, 2005, 12:05:48 PM

I have the head... brought it back to Org with me because I didn't read the quest and didn't know his grave was somewhere on the island.  I need to go back, so I'll help out anybody that needs to hit the island.  It didn't seem to be the least bit difficult, I guess they nerfed the boss levels or something?  I was able to two-man it when I was around 25.

---SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER---

If done right you do not run into bosses.  Basically you go find his body, which is inside the walls of the keep in the Northeast sector.  Then you simply Go into the house, stick westish as you go up the stairs, and eventually find the shelf.  Urmine and I did it together at 19 ish, and accept for my untimely death (I blame the beer) things went fairly smoothly.  If you want I can help you with it tonight, say around 1100 EST or so.  Or tomorrow.

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #297 on: October 12, 2005, 04:04:55 PM

I'm not worried about the boss.  We killed him pretty easily.  The thing was that I clicked off of head's quest description without reading it (again, probably because of the beer), and need to go back to finish it.  :-D
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #298 on: October 15, 2005, 12:30:31 PM

I'm out.   I've fallen too far behind the curve, and when you've been avoiding logging in to the pvp server for a week because you can't pay attention 100% of the time in the contested zones you just aren't ready for the pvp servers.  Sucks, because it was fun.

I'll send my stuff around later today when more folks are on to say if they want it or not.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #299 on: October 15, 2005, 04:16:38 PM

I'm out.   I've fallen too far behind the curve, and when you've been avoiding logging in to the pvp server for a week because you can't pay attention 100% of the time in the contested zones you just aren't ready for the pvp servers.  Sucks, because it was fun.

I'll send my stuff around later today when more folks are on to say if they want it or not.

AoE or Civ4?

Which one do you want me to kick your ass in?

[edit] I'm an editing mofo.

What I mean is, us refugees should get some fun strategy multiplayer battles goin'.... I'm still undecided on what to get first though. For the first time, I'm actually considering RTS over turn based.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:24:32 PM by Stray »
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #300 on: October 15, 2005, 04:46:42 PM

Damn that sucks that you both left.  Oh well I shall poor some of my fourty for my homeys.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: October 15, 2005, 07:10:24 PM

Same feeling here Merusk.  I'm barely able to even play my PvE chars either.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #302 on: October 16, 2005, 08:49:28 AM

OK, tell me where I'm wrong here, because this only based on first impressions:

Server dilemma....

PvE Servers -- Easy lvling to 60. An attractive idea. After that though, everything becomes a maniacal hunt for blues and epics.....And after that (if you're lucky), there's nothing left to do but twiddle your thumbs, wait in queue, wait for "weekly scheduled" pvp conflicts, roll another class, or just wander around noob towns and show off your epic mount (and believing that anyone actually gives a fuck).

PvP Servers -- Your're pretty much barred from even soloing after lvl 30 (maybe earlier). You get fuck all done on even the simplest of quests, and have to have a guild full of people who've got their shit together (and most importantly, willing to help you). ABSOLUTELY NO ONE in the guild can be "casual" (that is, if they want to see anything resembling "success").

After that is said and done, it's the same story with raiding and acquiring loot as on the PvE servers.....For a while at least (and again, if you're lucky). Then after that, World PvP (something you wouldn't be able to do on a PvE server) is now a somewhat appealing idea.

But alas.....World PvP carries no far reaching consequences either. People still go to BG's for the most part --- And in turn, people still wait in queue for 2 or more hours, twiddle their thumbs, wander around noob towns, or decide to roll another class.

As an added benefit: Expect many of your fellow players to be migrants from EQ --- Enforcing all their biases and understandings of that game on to this game.

So anyways....Maybe it's a shallow understanding, I don't know. From what I can deduce so far though, there is no room for me in WoW (even if I wanted it....which I don't).

[edit] Crap. Heh, that last half was me in /rant mode. Apologies.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:06:08 AM by Stray »
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #303 on: October 16, 2005, 11:41:30 AM

I have not been able to spend much time on my PvP characters because I'm 7/8 through Giantstalker on my MC raiding hunter on ER, so I have a fair time commitment there, what with MC, making cash for repairs for MC, Onyxia and enjoying the AB, Silithus and other recently added level 60 content. However, I'll say this - I have lowbies on Tichondrius, Mannoroth (old servers) and Maelstrom (newish RP-PvP) and find that the gankage in lower level lands decreases with age of server. If you want to solo more often on a PvP server, I would go to one where the thrill of low level ganking has mostly been supplanted by the chase of epic loot and battlegrounds for many high level characters. You'll still get PvP from time to time, but it tends to be other people in your level range, often ungrouped themselves.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #304 on: October 16, 2005, 12:34:45 PM

I see what you're saying. I've noticed that too (or rather, I've have had that pointed out to me before). It's funny that a server like say, Archimonde, is actually pretty tame on gankage. These were the servers that some people feared were going to turn into hellholes.

Though this speaks of another set of problems. The server is established. Everyone's moved on to more bigger, badder things. Even if a new player did get a smooth ride to 60, akin to a PvE server, they're definitely not going to be in the same category (or needing/desiring to hunt in the same areas/instances) as the people who've already been 60 for a year or so. And rightfully so....

But that also stinks.

Keeping up with the Joneses wouldn't be as important on a PvE server maybe, but my guess is that it'd be crucial for PvP. Starting late on an established server sounds like a bad idea. I really wouldn't know though.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: October 16, 2005, 01:09:03 PM

I've said it before.

I like PvP servers because I can kill that paladin that is leveling in the same area as me.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #306 on: October 16, 2005, 01:19:36 PM

Nothing wrong with that. I hate rogues and hunters myself. Even those on my own side.  smiley

It'd be nice though that when you did kill them, they lost their ability to come back so soon (and with so many friends at that).

But that's all beside the point, I'm just talking about what kind of preparations one would need for different types of servers. PvP AND PvE.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #307 on: October 16, 2005, 02:33:40 PM

There's actually no great reason besides swinging around a hefty e-peen for keeping up with the Joneses on any server. There's enough to PvP in WoW where knowing how to best use your characters tends to beat out gear, twitch and addons more often than not. I'm certainly not God's gift to PvP, but I can beat better equipped people very easily in some cases (even with my largely green & blue equipped characters), and have a tough time against better combatants with really mediocre gear. There are people out there that cheat effectively, that macro attacks, that have full sets of epic gear and weapons that do so much damage that you just cant be on the same playing field. But they just dont figure into your every day experience at all. You come across them and think "yow, neat gear/twitch/hax, just think how good they could be if they didnt just spam moonfire all day".

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #308 on: October 16, 2005, 03:42:06 PM

Yrah, actually the skill level on Emerald as far as PvP is pretty damn tame.  Except for getting schooled by a crazy mage person I have pretty much held my own.  Case in point; a Druide started stalking Urmine and I.  We figured "What the hell" and started fighting back, and actually knocked him down to a sliver of health (he turned tail and ran).  He was level 39.  I have 2 honor points now, and both are from people at least 5 levels above me.  This is not to say I have not died to others, but it is not as bad as what people have complained of. 

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #309 on: October 16, 2005, 04:59:37 PM

I don't how many times I've said it, but I didn't die that much on ED either! By the time I quit, I pretty much soloed my entire way to the mid 30's, and had perhaps 60 or so private kills (like 70 something total), and I had yet to step on to the BG's. When I did die, it was almost exclusively from being outnumbered. Besides that, Paladins were guaranteed a kill (if I didn't get away), and Hunters and Priests always gave me a tough fight.

Just because I'm complaining about the PvP doesn't mean I lacked the skill to do it. I get tired of this line of argument. As far as I'm concerned, I would have been recognized as one of the better Warriors on that server if I stuck it out (I'm just saying...I could care less really).

I'm not complaining about dying. I'm complaining about even the possibility of it. I don't care if "live" either!. I wouldn't give a shit if I won against 8 people by blowing lightning bolts out of my ass and aoeing them for 50,000 dmg. It's the fact that they wasted "my" time in the game. I don't pay to please them. I pay to please myself (what a novel idea). I've thought long and hard about it (and have done my fair share of the opposite), but I'll never come to another conclusion about PvP in leveling based games again. We talk about lvl 60's vs lvl 60's, and it may be a different story.

Anyways...All that being said, I disagree, I think the ganking is bad. Emerald Dream is a lot of PvE and RP migrants, I think. They're a kid in a candy store as far as world PvP goes.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 05:01:26 PM by Stray »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #310 on: October 16, 2005, 05:12:51 PM

Yeah, I didn't quit because the ganking was bad. It's just damned annoying.  I don't have the time to deal with it and can't be bothered to.  It's not about skill, it's about having to run back to my corpse after every 5th kill because some jackass ganks me at 5% health.  Or having to move on to a different area because the Alliance folks brought-in a few ?? to "even the fight" or brought-back 5 or 6 more after I beat their ass down.   It's a waste of my time.

My fun comes from social interaction and character building.  While I enjoy PvP it actually detracts from both of those goals in WoW.  You can't socialize if you're looking over your shoulder, and you can't focus on character building if you're always having to determine which is Uber rather than which is enjoyable.   It's just not for me. *shrug*

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #311 on: October 16, 2005, 05:19:30 PM

FYI, I was not talking about any one individual.  It was just that I was prepared for something that has not started yet.  Left and I right I see discussion about Hillsgank and whatnot; I have yet to see it, even during peak times. 

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: October 16, 2005, 05:54:38 PM

I submit the argument that mindless pve is a waste of my game time.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #313 on: October 16, 2005, 07:30:49 PM

I submit the argument that mindless pve is a waste of my game time.

Ah yes....Which is why I've decided to quit mmo's totally.  :-D

Especially this type of mmo (I still might have room in my heart for Puzzle Pirates at least).

All of these other issues were just a springboard that lead to that.

[edit] Is your computer Battlefield ready yet?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 07:36:31 PM by Stray »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: October 16, 2005, 09:57:36 PM

It is and has been a while now.  Can't bring myself to spend 50 bucks on that game when I am currently having plenty of fun with WoW/BW2/CS:S.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Severance - Emerald Dream PvP/RP (Horde)  
Jump to: