Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Leaping Pool (Toggle: Self) Power Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leaping Pool (Toggle: Self) Power Questions  (Read 2101 times)
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

on: May 06, 2004, 01:55:58 PM

Can somebody break down how the Leaping pool powers with the toggle: self attribute work?  Basically, can you have multiple toggle: self powers active at the same time?

Combat Jumping is a toggle self (when active you can blah blah blah...)
Super Jump is a toggle self and Acrobatics is also apparently.

So if you can, eventually, have all 3 toggled on; any idea how much/how fast your endurance will be draining?  I would think that in combat you'd at least want Combat Jumping and Acrobatics going if you could.  If you can't, then why would you ever use Combat Jumping after you had the other two?

I guess the more I think about it the more it makes sense that you CAN have multiple powers toggled simultaneous... so the real question is probably "how draining is that?"  Negligible? Very?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 02:15:59 PM

Actually you can only have two of those active at a time. Turning on super jump deactivates combat jump. So you can either have combat jump and acrobatics or super jump and acrobatics.

Combat jumps energy drain is pretty minimal and although I have not taken it acrobatics is supposed to be about the same. By the time you get acrobatics you can start affording some single origin enhancers drop one do or so end enhancer on cj and acrobatics and I doubt you regain end at about your normal pace.

Kaid
sergex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 06:50:42 AM

Ya, you can't have combat jump and super leap at the same time.  Use combat jump during, um, combat for the defense bonus and use super leap for travel or as a way to flee quickly.

I was hoping that I could have both on at the same time to get the +jump boost to make traveling that much faster, but that doesn't work.  I might have just skipping Combat Jump and went with Cloaking Device for the +def since I'm a fire/device blaster, but maybe cloaking+combat jump stacks +def.

---Sergex
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 08:44:15 AM

Combat jumping's end drain is minimal enough that I systematically leave it on during fighting for the DEF bonus.

Super jump is, by far, the most fun thing I have yet experienced in any MMOG.  I have spent a couple of very enjoyable hours just tooling around different zones, trying to find the most spectacular spidey-like route from rooftop to rooftop.
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 01:16:05 PM

I just got super jump last night (after much, ummm, prodding from my group...) and it's a blast. Super fun skill, and actually useful. Travel isn't nearly as painful now (sometimes literally).

Combat jumping is about defense. It's mutually exclusive with super jump. If you're a scrapper, you NEED this skill and need it enhanced as well. A fully +def enhanced combat jump means you'll be taking substantially fewer hits from mobs. It's also handy for traversing obstacles in missions without toggle fiddling.

I run two shields, combat jump, usually sprint, and acrobatics. END drain isn't much of an issue. I think the whole lot of them only add up to about 2.3 END per tic (or whatever time unit the game seems to use). Compared to one axe attack it's negligable.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Leaping Pool (Toggle: Self) Power Questions  
Jump to: