Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 10:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Guitar thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar thread  (Read 636085 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2100 on: July 28, 2022, 01:07:01 PM

Rick Beato just uploaded a studio tour if you want to indulge in some gear and studio envy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EedvUGZRUXQ
Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #2101 on: July 28, 2022, 01:22:49 PM

Nice! I wish I had kept up with my electrical tinkering (stepdad was an electrician, I once built a PA that was used by Porter Wagoner....using Radio Shack parts heh).
It's shocking to me how much stuff people get rid of for pennies on the dollar because they don't seem to want to find someone who can fix it.  Now of course I have an advantage, in that I repair this stuff for people as a side gig, and I know how a good portion of it works internally, but I've scored so much good gear and have been able to resale for much higher (at least the stuff I can't part with).

The week prior I picked up a '68 Fender Deluxe Reverb for $250, when the dude didn't wan't to spend $450 to repair it.  It had a blown power transformer, a bad output tube, and one of the volume controls didn't work.  So $100 for the new transformer, $60 for a tube set, and $5 for a volume pot (and of course the normal cleaning and maintenance), and three hours of my time, and I resold it for $1500 not two weeks later.

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2102 on: June 04, 2023, 01:24:58 PM

It’s been a long while since I played regularly, but I was sorting through boxes of papers yesterday and came across this tune that my dad transcribed and arranged for me almost twenty years ago, originally written by one of his old bandmates around the time I was born.  Odds are good it’s the only written copy in existence.  Been plinking away at it all morning and it’s very gratifying to feel the old muscle memory kicking in.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Guitar thread  
Jump to: