Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Positron's Task Force 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Positron's Task Force  (Read 2451 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: August 22, 2005, 09:26:16 AM

My first ever task force.  Good grief, what a marathon that was.  9 hours start to finish.

Started with 8 players, a level 11, a 12, six 13s and a 14 (me).  One of the first missions was full of 16s and 17s.  After we died a couple of times, half the group left.

What was left was a controller, a FF defender, an ice defender, me (DM/regen scrapper).

Sometimes a tanker would join us (he was having a party apparently and afked most of the time).  Sometimes a defender would join us (she had connection problems).

It was not terribly interesting.  It was about 3 or 4 missions too long.  I did, however, level up to 16 (upon which time I stopped receiving experience at all). 

The core group I was in, though, was very fun.  What with the bubble and the holds, we barely got hit.

Hoping the next TF is more interesting.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 09:37:13 AM

Positron is a really bad TF because the heroes don't have a decent set of powers yet, no stamina, and many don't have travel powers. Plus I don't think you even get to fight an archvillain at the end. Once you get more powers and stamina to power them, the TFs get better... usually.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 11:09:00 AM

Here's me bitching about it not too long ago. Man, what a mistake that was.

Very tough for the lvls that do require it (14 and less), and completely unrewarding for the exemplared lvl 15's that can get past it without dying several times. And worst of all, it's not even fun or imaginative.

There's no reason it can't be fixed either.....But it won't be. Statesman is a masochist. Either that, or he bases his entire understanding of risk/reward on the worst games ever.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 12:02:21 PM

Did Synapse's on Saturday. Started with 8, 2 people went ld in first 30 seconds I think. Then 2 tankers left after they ran out of my buff area and died. Then someone else had to leave for a party, and the blaster then said, "I don't want to get a lot of debt, I;m out."

Leaving me (dark/dark defender) and a Fire Warrior with 6 missions to do. We got babbage, (Ok - had some help on Babbage), got to the clockwork king and it took us 30 minutes to get him from 5309 hps to 1500. Then he died. Then we tried 3 more times and gave up.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 12:23:13 PM

and a Fire Warrior

A what?

And yes, Positron is the hardest and longest task force.  It was a poor choice for the first task force in the game, both because character levels are too low to really handle it and because a lot of players will do this as their very first task force and be turned off on the whole thing by it.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:13:19 PM

What surprised me is that it's redundant.  Fight CoT, Vahz and clocks.  A few times.  Why not halve the number of missions?

I'm not upset about it, since I'd planned on playing all day anyway (although I wouldn't have played for 9 hours - maybe 6), and had an interesting group.  That FF defender really saved us.

Offshoot:  What can a FF defender do that a FF controller can't, and vice versa?
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:26:35 PM

Offshoot:  What can a FF defender do that a FF controller can't, and vice versa?

I don't know the exact numbers, but it's a percentage less effective as a secondary than a primary. Same powers and still effective though.

As far as primaries go, I think FF is more synergetic with a controller's pace and positioning than it is with defenders.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 02:56:49 PM

The Positron was awful, especially when it was bugged. The 16-20 one? Not nearly so bad. A lot of fun, actually.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 03:04:55 PM

I don't know the exact numbers, but it's a percentage less effective as a secondary than a primary. Same powers and still effective though.

As far as primaries go, I think FF is more synergetic with a controller's pace and positioning than it is with defenders.

If a Defender using his set is valued at 100%, I believe a Controller operates at 70%.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Positron's Task Force  
Jump to: