Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Look, it's a Fragdoll wannabe. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look, it's a Fragdoll wannabe.  (Read 20743 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: August 17, 2005, 08:31:02 AM

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 08:38:21 AM by Shockeye »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:43:34 AM

It's funny how ridiculous that outfit is in real life. Good for the beach (sans cape and cane), not really practical for a warrior Queen.

Anyways...On topic (If there is one?):

It's not hard to imagine that she's a real gamer (I'm not saying you're accusing anyone of that....I'm just mentioning it).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 08:45:56 AM by Stray »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:54:23 AM

It's not hard to imagine that she's a real gamer (I'm not saying you're accusing anyone of that....I'm just mentioning it).

It's the lousy knees and horrible muscle tone, isn't it. Well that and the bad pedicure and lack of any fingernail length.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:12:48 AM

I'll give her this: no hammer toes!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 11:29:40 AM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 01:05:25 PM

Look in her eyes and notice she is dead inside.  Goddamn I love that in a woman.  I agree with Der - I would drug her up and hit it before dumping her body in the ocean.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 04:43:51 PM

Thats the best they could do?  Didn't somebody tell the modeling community that video games are a respected art form already? 

Hrm on second thought perhaps they did and then they cited G4TV as proof.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 10:14:47 PM

She's attractive. 

Is it really necessary to hate on her looks?

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 10:40:59 PM

She's attractive. 

Is it really necessary to hate on her looks?

Yes.  For the record, I don't find her very attractive.

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 01:32:29 AM

Seconded.

The knees, muscle tone....hell, for someone who can't be compared easily to a large animal, that bikini bottoms fits...horribly.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 03:41:32 AM

You intarweb boys are so picky about the women who wouldn't look twice at you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 04:32:36 AM

I couldn't give a fuck about who she would or wouldn't look at.  You join a beauty pagent you're going to get ripped to shreds if you're not up to snuff.  She's offered herself up as a piece of meat, and I've graded her accordingly.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 04:59:52 AM

You woke up on the cranky side of the bed! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:05:24 AM

I couldn't give a fuck about who she would or wouldn't look at.  You join a beauty pagent you're going to get ripped to shreds if you're not up to snuff.  She's offered herself up as a piece of meat, and I've graded her accordingly.

If she's not up to snuff, then how did she win, genius?

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 10:25:57 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 11:08:42 AM

Lack of competition?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 11:34:44 AM

Slept with the Judges?

Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 12:00:20 PM

Needs more camel toe.

I love me some me.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 12:01:58 PM

Needs more camel toe.

I'll second that.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 12:05:38 PM

If she was really a gamer she'd have a huge wet-spot on her crotch after winning the contest. I call bullshit on it all.

I love me some me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 12:15:14 PM

Most of the finalists didn't seem to be gamers.  The winner was given a sub to EQ2 as part of their prize, so I suppose you could call them an EQ2 player even if they didn't ever log in.

The Finalists page is still up. and I only took a quick glance through the rules and their entries.  None of them popped into my head as "OMG stunning."  More like "OMG Desperate." Particularly the one with the 'side boob' shot using shell necklaces to keep the pic 'family friendly'.

The comments on almost all of their entries mention that they were in it for the Stuff magazine spread.  These are not pro models, they're wannabes and attention whores looking for a 'big break' in this.  As such they deserve all the respect I've been giving them.  I don't expect Pro models wouldn't do something as silly as sign an exclusivity deal with SOE for the next year for only $10k and $500 per day, as the rules stipulated.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 12:34:01 PM

I got a free subscription to Stuff once. Oversexed 14-year-olds must write for that POS rag. I'm embarrassed for our culture that it's even allowed on the rack.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 12:39:43 PM

If she was really a gamer she'd have a huge wet-spot on her crotch after winning the contest. I call bullshit on it all.

As much as it scares me to type it, I have to agree with Avatard.

I need a shower now.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 01:08:41 PM

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 01:10:25 PM

I love me some me.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 01:22:00 PM

Resume filler for a young model-wannabe.  That's really all there is to it. 

It's sad that this may be as good as it gets for her career in modeling.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 01:25:14 PM

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 01:30:08 PM

She isnt bad looking or anything, but its kind of a dumb contest, and as cosplay outfits go, it really doesn't even look like the character's "clothing". 

Some of those wacky otaku folk over at Cosplay.com have better skimpy outfits and they made them on their own!  I mean, for a contest you would think the winner would be displayed in something more than a custom cape and a purple bikini....
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 01:35:13 PM

Resume filler for a young model-wannabe.  That's really all there is to it. 

It's sad that this may be as good as it gets for her career in modeling.

As said as it all may be, she could have gone a totally different route to further her career.  I guess I don't know what else a person would do if you wanted to be a model.  Seriously, this is one of those opportunities for them that they just couldn't pass up.  Think about it from the perspective that without jobs like this, she'll probably be waiting tables or washing urinals or even worse yet, working national gaming conventions.  shocked
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 02:00:21 PM

A lot of models get small gigs. Especially females with a shorter form like she has. This isn't a bad deal really.

My only point (just to clarify) was that just because she's a model, it doesn't mean that she doesn't play EQ2.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #30 on: August 18, 2005, 02:19:45 PM

I think she is cute, but she has some low slung holsters.  I dunno I prefer them higher; hers just look sloppy.  Not that I am picky nor have I studied the picture every second I can that much

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 18, 2005, 04:05:18 PM

Man I hate cosplay, nothing makes a game outfit look dumber than some tool wearing it in real life. Seriously, once game designers make realistic outfits you can wear 'em. Until then you're just gonna look like an idiot with WAY too much time and no shame at all.

On the subject at hand, while I'd most definately hit it, I prefer my models air-brushed to perfection. If I wanted reality I'd walk down the fucking street. Also, that shot is not at all flattering. Fire whoever took it. And for God's sake load it up in photoshop and get to work on it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: August 18, 2005, 04:33:09 PM

She isnt bad looking or anything, but its kind of a dumb contest, and as cosplay outfits go, it really doesn't even look like the character's "clothing". 

Some of those wacky otaku folk over at Cosplay.com have better skimpy outfits and they made them on their own!  I mean, for a contest you would think the winner would be displayed in something more than a custom cape and a purple bikini....

There's other shots at the site of her standing next to the Antonia outfit. So it must not fit her, or they didn't want to stuff her into it yet.. it's pretty damn cheap and flimsy-looking.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 05:02:09 PM

The costume is utter shit and that is one of the least flattering camera angles I have ever seen in my life.  The fact that somoene here (and in the FoH thread on the same subject) picked out another picture of the same woman and said she should have won tells you everything you ever need to know about your average male's utter cluelessness in these matters.  /posermetrosexual off.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 05:44:50 PM

The fact that somoene here (and in the FoH thread on the same subject) picked out another picture of the same woman and said she should have won tells you

I think it tells us that the photographer who took the purple bikini pictures was incompetent.  She does look at least 300% hotter in the other pictures.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Look, it's a Fragdoll wannabe.  
Jump to: