Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: You've Come A Long Way, Geekpants Part Deux: G4 TechTV's Video Game Vixens 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You've Come A Long Way, Geekpants Part Deux: G4 TechTV's Video Game Vixens  (Read 29784 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: August 12, 2005, 06:21:09 AM

Kim Possible is just a low rent Totally Spies.

Yes, but Kim has a brain instead of being a fluffy 'omg look I fell on your dick' valley slut.

TS is banned in my house.. I flipped-out enough when my 6-year-old daughter told me she wanted a Bratz doll. I don't need her aspiring to be that vapid, too.

As for digital boobies, I've got no problems with them when they're either the point of the game (DOA volleyball) or just patently fanservice in an otherwise good game.  Disgust of pixellated boobage is, to me, just a step shy from the usual "OMGWTFSEX!!!" attitude that pervades the US.  However, using a 1/2 second 'jiggle-shot' as the focus of a marketing campain for a game like SC2, yeah that'll get my blood boiling.

CGI hosts... someday soon they will try that, imagine the abuse of elf-boobies as G4 hosts.

There's already a CGI news host out there. Damned if I can remember who or what newservice she was for, though.  I vaguely remember hearing about digital nude hosts as well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 06:28:41 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 06:27:17 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 07:22:25 AM

Matt Frewer is the biggity-bomb.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:38 AM

Not that I watch Totally Spies all the time, but as an adult you can see the entire thing is pretty tongue n cheek and sarcastic. I guess little ones might just take it at face value though.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 08:29:30 AM

Yes, exactly.  It's a teen 'toon while Kim is "all ages" so it requires a little less critical thinking.   Plus, I just can't stand ditzy women/ girls, even in comedies.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 13, 2005, 02:05:55 PM

Kim Possible is just funny.  That's why I watch it.  It amuses me.
Doesn't look anime, takes potshots at teen culture, and is clearly made
by people who spent WAAAY too much time watching Bond movies while
high.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 06:57:51 PM

What the fuck... now these guys are gonna start showing anime...
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: August 24, 2005, 07:28:32 PM

Lame.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: August 26, 2005, 08:07:15 AM

G4 (or at least when it was TechTV) has always shown anime.

The fact that they are going to show Colorful... on a anime segment of programming called WIRE BISCUIT of all things... I just shake my head. You might as well call the segment Random Words Our Marketing Twats Think Will Appeal to Dragonball Z and Mountain Dew Extreme Sports Fans.

Colorful is just too weird to ever be viewed by humans.

schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: August 26, 2005, 10:05:12 AM

Colorful fucking rules, it's just too much for your Down Home Country Fried Mississippi Mind to comprehend. Or something. Perhaps I'm insane.
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: August 26, 2005, 10:07:25 AM

Perhaps you have been out in the Valley sun too long.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: August 26, 2005, 10:08:08 AM

I'm boycotting green text. I find it too PC. As in PlayerCharacter.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 10:18:31 AM

I'm boycotting the beige text. I find it too PH. As in PlayerHater.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 10:23:55 AM

I'm boycotting all text because I don't like to read.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 06, 2005, 11:59:42 AM

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 06, 2005, 02:25:45 PM

So far I have found Barbed Wire Biscuit to be a failure.

Braniac is ok, but its really just a slightly risque British Mythbusters, and the one anime show is supposed to be good. (Haven't watched it off my DVR yet.)

But the other 2 selections are PURE ASS.  And tend to be shown the most.  Cinematech is relatively dumb to begin with.  One designed to show mostly violent game content, bugfuck Japanese games, or t&a without actually showing any t&a is even more dumb. 
And Happy Tree Friends has ALWAYS sucked, and showing it on TV doesn't make its one note joke any more amusing.  A show based around OMG THEY KILLED KENNY isn't exactly brilliance.  Its quasi hateful, and not even funny.  Yay.  Cute animal characters die horribly.  How hilarious.  The only possible way this show could amuse is if you ambushed furries with it and got to watch their reactions.  But that would require getting near furries and who the frig wants to do that?

Adult Swim still wins I think.  Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab, Brak, Family Guy, Futurama, Harvey Birdman, and a few other shows beat out Barbed Wire Biscuit.  Not to mention no ads for the "Whip Set".
Strazos

Reply #51 on: September 06, 2005, 02:41:43 PM

The Whip set is an important slot for G4, because they need to appeal more to the hardcore Madden and Halo drones.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #52 on: September 06, 2005, 03:01:06 PM

Execpt Stroker and Hoop sucks ass.
And I am going start a riot soon, if I don't get new Venture Bros.

"Me am play gods"
Strazos

Reply #53 on: September 06, 2005, 03:13:02 PM

I'm not big on Stroker and Hoop.

I hate FMA.

I can't even watch Inuyasha anymore.

Bring back GitS, and move Lupin the 3rd up in the lineup.

Oh, and if I may be on topic for a moment....

My parents got a deal on Digital cable recently, so now there is On Demand on the TV in the den....so I was flipping through the stuff, and came upon a few parts of the Video Vixens piece.

Wow, just....wow...

Worthless television if I have ever seen it. I wonder how much of a whore Hal Sparks felt like during that show. If that's the best he can get, he should just quit "show biz" and get a "normal" job.

Fear the Backstab!
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: September 06, 2005, 03:14:33 PM

You would like Ghost in the Shell. rolleyes
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #55 on: September 06, 2005, 03:31:16 PM

People forcing me to watch Akira and Ghost in the Shell are what left the permanent scar on my brain the keeps me from ever giving anime another try.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: September 06, 2005, 03:32:43 PM

People forcing me to watch Akira and Ghost in the Shell are what left the permanent scar on my brain the keeps me from ever giving anime another try.

Yea, I was making fun of Strazos. Akira didn't bother me much, but GitS is some Shit.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #57 on: September 06, 2005, 03:36:34 PM

I wonder how much of a whore Hal Sparks felt like during that show. If that's the best he can get, he should just quit "show biz" and get a "normal" job.

Hey, at least he's got all those "I Love the 80s" and "I lOve the 90s" spots on VH-1. S'done wonders for Michael Ian BLack's career.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #58 on: September 06, 2005, 03:42:01 PM

Yea, I was making fun of Strazos. Akira didn't bother me much, but GitS is some Shit.

I realized you were making fun of him, but the mention of GitS just made me twitch.  I blocked out most of my experience watching Akira.  I get a migrane trying to remember why I hated it so much beyond the fact that it just kept dragging on.  It holds a special place of hatred in me though, much like DBZ (and by extension people with DBZ screen names).
Strazos

Reply #59 on: September 06, 2005, 03:54:56 PM

Hey, I like all the GitS stuff.

But take note that i'm not a rabid Anime fan. Inuyasha is turning into shit for me, while FMA and One Piece have been shit to me from the moment I first saw them.

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #60 on: September 06, 2005, 08:52:13 PM

Execpt Stroker and Hoop sucks ass.
And I am going start a riot soon, if I don't get new Venture Bros.

Glad I fell asleep then.  I was curious, but now I'm not. 

Adult Swim had some cards up a week or two ago talking about how Venture Bros. season 2 had just gotten into the storyboard process and new eps would be seen in January, didn't they? I could have been hallucinating again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: September 07, 2005, 12:00:24 PM

Stroker and Hoop were ok, much better than that 12 oz. Mouse shit they kept trying to foist on us, or Tom Goes to the Mayor, for that matter. But the pure luv of a block of new Harvey Birdman, ATHF, Robot Chicken and Sealab, followed by Venture Bros.? Beats all anime hands down, even the good shit.

I think the new Venture Bros. will be sometime in 2006, as well as Robot Chicken after that. I think they are staggering new stuff so that there's always 1 new show in a block of 3 reruns.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #62 on: September 07, 2005, 12:12:23 PM

TGttM: a few chuckles but raw.
S&H: not even mildly amused.

Another thing I miss Big O.  Its like Cowboy Bebop, never get tired of watching it.

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #63 on: September 07, 2005, 12:40:10 PM

Another thing I miss Big O.  Its like Cowboy Bebop, never get tired of watching it.

More like Batman with giant robots, but I mean that as a compliment.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos

Reply #64 on: September 07, 2005, 01:35:00 PM

Yeah, I can dig Big O.

And Cowboy Bebop....I wish they would never take it off, just to keep the crap from filling the vacancy.

Fear the Backstab!
schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: September 07, 2005, 01:36:03 PM

Big O featured an animation style that was like visual abortions. I just couldn't cope with it. Couldn't cope with Batman: TAS either.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 07, 2005, 02:37:49 PM

Wow.  The first person I have ever heard of outside of the hardcore anime elitists who doesn't like Batman TAS, or at least its art style.

Ya learn something new every day.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #67 on: September 07, 2005, 02:52:50 PM

Not liking the style of Batman TAS is akin to being a damn pinko commie.

Strazos

Reply #68 on: September 07, 2005, 02:54:46 PM

The first person I have ever heard of outside of the hardcore anime elitists who doesn't like Batman TAS, or at least its art style.

Ya learn something new every day.

Here's a newflash for you:

Schild IS a hardcore anime elitist pinko doe-eyed anime fairy.

Fear the Backstab!
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: September 07, 2005, 02:55:54 PM

Not at all. I just can't account for some people's bad taste. Hardcore anime elitists don't love Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab the way I  Heart them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: You've Come A Long Way, Geekpants Part Deux: G4 TechTV's Video Game Vixens  
Jump to: