Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:04:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola.  (Read 20531 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: July 08, 2005, 03:26:51 PM

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 04:14:11 PM

/coke coming soon.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:59:24 PM

wtf alliance ganks

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:12:08 PM

Zerg

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 11:15:41 PM

The Huntress is a hacker! Multi-shot is supposed to hit 3 separate targets, her 3 arrows all hit the same target.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 11:31:04 PM

I see they are adequately attempting to represent the faction imbalance.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 11:57:48 PM

Because when you drink lots of coke and play video games all day you look like the people in the ad.
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 07:24:12 AM

That was kind of funny. Cool to see advertisers take gaming seriously enough to partner well established brands with games.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 09:47:25 AM

SO.. where those Grrrl gamers?

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 09:57:20 AM

"Grrrl?"

Wtf?  Is it 1993 again?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 01:29:12 PM

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 07:20:39 PM

Coke Light >>>> Diet Coke

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 10:07:50 PM

Coke light?
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 10:13:42 PM

Coke light?

Don't mind him, he's still in Eurotrash mode.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 10:14:16 PM

It's like reading Haem without the outright fury and cursing. Oh, and different plumbing.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 08:52:28 AM

Strazos

Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 09:13:46 AM

Seriously, I don't know why they don't make the Coke Light recipe for US consumption, because the taste is far superior to Diet Coke's.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 09:16:29 AM

Thank you, I now want to stab China directly in the face.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 10:17:51 AM

Seriously, I don't know why they don't make the Coke Light recipe for US consumption, because the taste is far superior to Diet Coke's.

So what's the difference between Coke Light and Diet Coke?  Is Coke Lite 0 calorie, or just reduced calorie? If it's the latter it's probably what's sold here as C2. If it's the former, I'm willing to bet they don't use aspartame as the sweetener in Coke Lite. That crap makes anything it's put into taste like shit, in addition to the whole, "may cause seizures, migraines, memory loss, brain cancer, etc, etc" problems that are associated with it.

In fact, I wonder if that's why they sell Coke Lite there.  Is aspartame banned in Europe? Hrmm.. a quick Google says it's banned in "All children's products" in Europe... so yeah, that'd be why.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 11:28:45 AM

So what's the difference between Coke Light and Diet Coke?  Is Coke Lite 0 calorie, or just reduced calorie? If it's the latter it's probably what's sold here as C2. If it's the former, I'm willing to bet they don't use aspartame as the sweetener in Coke Lite. That crap makes anything it's put into taste like shit, in addition to the whole, "may cause seizures, migraines, memory loss, brain cancer, etc, etc" problems that are associated with it.

In fact, I wonder if that's why they sell Coke Lite there.  Is aspartame banned in Europe? Hrmm.. a quick Google says it's banned in "All children's products" in Europe... so yeah, that'd be why.

Coke is marketing Diet Coke in the U.S. in two different forms (at least here in Chicago).  THere's the regular old diet coke.  Then there's one made with that Splenda stuff.  The other day at the grocery store, I saw a third type of coke that wasn't C2 or Coke Classic.  It's Coke Zero (which may be the same as Coke Lite in Europe).  I have no idea what makes it any different than Diet Coke.  From looking at the label, it's the exact same shit. 

EDIT -- according to the Wiki, Coke Zero has a blend of aspartame and some other ingredient.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_Zero
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:40:07 AM by CmdrSlack »

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 12:09:14 PM

To me, Coke Lite tasted like a blend of Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.  I avoid Diet Pepsi for a reason - it tastes like the urine of Satan.  Coke Lite was a tolerable substitute, but I wouldn't give it any accolades beyond that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 12:13:15 PM

As someone who has given up drinking sodas on a regular basis (too much caffeine and sugar and carbonated water combined does horrible things to the urinary and digestive tracts), I can say that Coke Zero is a blessing. It tastes just like Coke with about .01% of the bad aftertaste that Diet Coke always had. Most of the time, I never notice the aftertaste.

I'm assuming the other ingredient besides Aspartame is the blood of young orphan boys who have been abused or something.

WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 01:14:46 PM

To me, Coke Lite tasted like a blend of Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.  I love Diet Pepsi for a reason - it tastes like manna from Heaven.  Coke Lite was a tolerable substitute, but I wouldn't give it any accolades beyond that.

I had to fix your post for you. Obviously no one with a working tongue could possibly prefer Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi, so I assumed it was a typo.

Philistine.  evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 01:40:21 PM

As someone who has given up drinking sodas on a regular basis (too much caffeine and sugar and carbonated water combined does horrible things to the urinary and digestive tracts), I can say that Coke Zero is a blessing. It tastes just like Coke with about .01% of the bad aftertaste that Diet Coke always had. Most of the time, I never notice the aftertaste.

I'm assuming the other ingredient besides Aspartame is the blood of young orphan boys who have been abused or something.

Have you had C2?  Is the Coke Zero just as good, worse, or better than C2?  I like the Splenda diet coke, but I don't trust sweeteners that haven't been around too long.  I have been hesitant to try the Coke Zero, but if it tastes just like Coke, then maybe it's worth a try.  C2 was a bit too much like half coke half diet coke (which I think is the actual mix).

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 02:19:28 PM

C2 got the ax I think. Mostly because they just added more seltzer to half the syrup. You can make it yourself if you add a cup of seltzer to a regular coke, then divide it back in half.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 02:32:49 PM

I thought I read somewhere that Coke Zero is diet coke based off of the coca-cola classic recipe whereas Diet Coke is based off of the New Coke recipe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 02:33:40 PM

I think I tried C2, and it wasn't all that much different from Diet Coke. Coke Zero really is almost indistinguishable from regular Coke, with only a hint of aftertaste.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 03:05:36 PM

How about you all just drink a fucking regular coke and quit being pussies about the calories?  At least sugar won't be banned by the FDA five years from now after they discover it makes babies grow tentacles.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 03:29:35 PM

How about you all just drink a fucking regular coke and quit being pussies about the calories?  At least sugar won't be banned by the FDA five years from now after they discover it makes babies grow tentacles.

Coca-Cola Classic doesn't have sugar. It has high-fructose corn syrup. I'd love some good ol' sugar Coca-Cola.
WayAbvPar

Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 03:33:40 PM

The fat little bastards could stack the shit out of some cups in PE with the extra tentacles.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 04:27:42 PM

How about you all just drink a fucking regular coke and quit being pussies about the calories?

Calories have nothing to do with it.  I just hate corn syrup.  It tastes like ass and makes your teeth feel sticky.  I don't see the point.
schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: July 11, 2005, 04:47:02 PM

Regular coke is too sweet.

I like my diet. I drink it for the caffeine anyway when I have no time for coffee.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 05:03:47 PM

Regular coke is too sweet.

I like my diet. I drink it for the caffeine anyway when I have no time for coffee.

I bet you brew via a drip machine, right?  I have to spend more time making coffee, but I use a press.  Best damn thing ever.  It makes coffee that kicks the shit out of drip brew and it makes the time invested VERY worth it.  And really, how hard is it to boil water, dump it into the press, wait seven minutes and then pour?

EDIT -- Grabbed a Coke Zero at the store.  It is tasty as hell.  Now to mix it with bourbon to find out if it passes the Beam & Coke test.  (Speaking of which, Pepsi tastes even shittier when mixed with booze.  Therefore it is subpar compared to Coke products.)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 05:05:23 PM by CmdrSlack »

schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: July 11, 2005, 05:05:50 PM

Coke Zero is great.

And I don't even make my own coffee. I meant time to stop by a overpriced place and get some. I'm inbetween permanent dwellings right now, but when I get back out west, the press gets broken back out.
Strazos

Reply #34 on: July 11, 2005, 08:51:21 PM

I couldn't tell you what the chemical differences are...

In Europe, I found Coke to be too...strong. Then I tried Coke Light, and it was good. It had a far superior taste to Diet Coke.

I have no idea what the differences are, beyond taste.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola.  
Jump to: