Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Filled up your name spots? Post'em here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Filled up your name spots? Post'em here.  (Read 8756 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 26, 2004, 02:24:55 AM

Assuming we have to pick more names come City of Villains I went ahead and filled all 8 of my spots before EVERY POSSIBLE NAME was taken. I don't want to be Average Guy 23.

1 : Mr. Ripley - Level 10 Technology Scrapper (CoH Alt for Catass2Justice)

2 : The Stygian - Level 1 Natural Defender (CoH Main, will level later this week)

3 : Falling Damage

4 : Moving Target

5 : Darkness Falls - This will probably be my alt in CoV.

6 : Panzermensch

7 : G. Gordon Liddy

8 : The Fractured Dream - This will probably be my main in CoV, I REALLY like this name. I wish I'd thought of it sooner.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 03:04:24 AM

1: Ion Thrust - Level 1 Mutant Blaster

2: Cpt Planet - Level 1 Mutant Controller

BTW, is Bat Country up yet? I saw you as G. Gordon, but you didn't respond =\
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 05:49:58 AM

1. Graybeard - Dark/Regen Scrapper L9 - Main

2. Pyrocide - Fire/Devices Blaster L3

3. Vapor - Fire/Ice Tank L2

4. Black Matter - Spines/Dark Scrapper L1- This won't be fun till later levels where you can get SO's for the dark secondary.

5. Pyrexia - Fire/Energy Blaster L1- Just made it for the name.

6. Jobu - Controller L1- Name Reservation for Friend

7. Tempestia - Blaster L1- Name Reservation for Friend

8. Soapbox Robot - Tank L1- Name Reservation for Friend
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 06:55:51 AM

The Blue Bomb - Ice/Ice Blaster L14 - Main

I don't tend to play alot of chars so I'll make em as the urge hits and update as necessary.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 08:34:17 AM

I will probably make an alt named Pysek eventually, but as for a name chock full of villainy, I must think on it further.  Perhaps, the diabolical Prostate?  Hmm..maybe not.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 08:46:30 AM

Someone should reserve "Anal Fissure Bob"  for city of villians.  If you are not aware of the story then I apologize.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 09:34:34 AM

Fyre Storm level 6 fire/storm controller

I would be a bit higher but I was working on missions and god help me I got TWO cot missions in Kings crossing. I FRIGGIN HATE hunting cot in kr it takes bloody forever to hippety hop up every building at night. The sad thing is cot ONLY spawn at night and disappear shortly after dawn in KR so you have a very limited window to hunt them.

I think I am going to try and get to 7 as I think I can do my second one in perez with a group.

Kaid
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 10:09:58 AM

I'm just Signe.  In CoV I shall be Bad Signe.  I like to keep things simple.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 10:42:32 AM

Quote from: Signe

Originally I always pronounced your name as Sig Knee.. then I heard you pronounce it as Sin Yee on teamspeak so I've corrected myself.. however, if you go with Signe and Bad Signe, I'm going to have to pronounce it Sign..

Sign and Bad Sign.. I like it.. :)

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 12:00:43 PM

Quote from: cevik

Originally I always pronounced your name as Sig Knee.. then I heard you pronounce it as Sin Yee on teamspeak so I've corrected myself.. however, if you go with Signe and Bad Signe, I'm going to have to pronounce it Sign..

Sign and Bad Sign.. I like it.. :)

Bollocks- now I am confused. I was in the "Sig-Knee" camp as well. I am going to start calling you Gunda instead, unless that is pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove", in which case I will just give up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 12:06:43 PM

My problem with the name "Darkness Falls" is that people will mentally link it with the abyssmal movie of the same name.  The movie that could not keep the rules consistent to save it's life and had the dimmest lighthouse ever made.

The funniest thing about the movie was the writer/director commentary where they spent the whole commentary talking about all the fuckups caused by how they changed the script during filming several times, cut important scenes, and were extremely inconsistent in their internal rules.  Then one of them talks about how the critics didn't like the movie and the other says "Yeah, they probably never even watched it".  WHA?  No, then they may have given it a good review because of the pretty cool name.  Come back to reality folks, your movie SUCKED.  You bad monster is at one point afraid of a fucking candle light but flies around in the LIGHTNING for half the movie with no problem.  The thing only kills when seen, but is apparently the biggest fucking exibitionist monster ever.  GAH, that movie sucked.

Sorry, you can have your thread back now.  I needed to get that off my chest.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 12:10:47 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
My problem with the name "Darkness Falls" is that people will mentally link it with the abyssmal movie of the same name.  The movie that could not keep the rules consistent to save it's life and had the dimmest lighthouse ever made.

Wasn't Anya from Buffy in that? Did she get naked? I believe she was on Howard Stern around the time the movie was released and mentioned something about enjoying anal.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 12:13:09 PM

There was a female in it.  I don't even remember what she looked like.  She was more than fully clothed the whole time in very unappealing clothing.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 12:32:19 PM

I could do the Bad Blue Bomb! Then at level 15 choose Bold as my title, then I'd be Bold Bad Blue Bomb....

hmmm...I have to give this thought....

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 12:33:32 PM

Quote from: SonicPurge

Wasn't Anya from Buffy in that? Did she get naked? I believe she was on Howard Stern around the time the movie was released and mentioned something about enjoying anal.

Yes she was. Still couldn't tempt me to watch it. Unless she was naked. Getting anal. From me. Then I might watch it.

Kyper
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 04:43:47 PM

I've only levelled my main so far, but did grab some other names.

Doughboy - level 11 magic scrapper

Ultiman - level 1 science tank

Jake Rumble - level 1 natural scrapper

Alure - level 1 mutation controller ("Allure" was already taken, hence the misspelling)

Fluke - level 1 mutation blaster

August - level 2 mutation tank
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 05:46:17 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
Yes she was. Still couldn't tempt me to watch it. Unless she was naked. Getting anal. From me. Then I might watch it.

That reminds me, the new Playboy with Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase) came out the other day.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 01:08:43 AM

How about Bizarro Signe?  Or the Reverse Signe?  Or Alien Symbiote Signe?  Or maybe Signestro?
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 07:28:08 AM

Meh I plan on playing DD and one other sooo

Dark Dryad ---> teh main

Ellwood Blues -----> The gimick char

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 08:18:16 AM

It is Norwegian and properly pronounced Sig-nee.  My mum, having been born in Italy, didn't like the sound of it and decided on the French pronounciation, Seen-ya.  Sig-nee will do fine... most people, even in my family, pronouce it that way.  (they are, after all, Norwegian)  There... I hope this clears things up.

In any case... I hate you all.

Lots.

WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 10:04:36 AM

Quote from: SonicPurge
Quote from: Riggswolfe

That reminds me, the new Playboy with Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase) came out the other day.

See? THIS is the type of thing that the Internet was designed to do! I had forgotten all about that, and now I have another purchase to make (after I grab my CoH box from Best Buy. Those motherfuckers BEST have my game, or I am gonna break my foot of in someone's ass. Sounds like Emma Caufield might be willing, God bless her.).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 02:12:15 AM

Haven't leveled much so far...Still screwing around with char creation.

Main -- Matador -- Dark/Scrapper

Dr. Know -- Psychic/Defender (Is it me or does Psychic suck? This dude is slow.)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #22 on: April 29, 2004, 08:56:46 AM

I only have 2 characters on Victory

Alkiera - lvl 8 Mind/Kinetics Controller, with Fighting and Flight pools
Yuriko - lvl 4 or 5 Katana/Reflexes Scrapper.

And Stray, I think Psychic dmg powers being slow is the tradeoff for almost nothing having resistances to psychic damage.  My mind control powers are pretty slow, too.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 29, 2004, 10:07:35 AM

That is why you need to take 'hasten' in the speed pool and socket up two recharge reductions on it.  Then go 1 DO, 1 tutorial when you can, and by that time it will recharge a little bit before it wears off.  Permanent hasten.  Costs nothing to fire it off, takes some endurance (not much) when it wears off.

If you are like me an never have any endurance at the time it wears off it is then free (It will shut off your auras when you drop to absolutely no power though, just have to flip them back on)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #24 on: April 29, 2004, 10:12:04 AM

And Stray, I think Psychic dmg powers being slow is the tradeoff for almost nothing having resistances to psychic damage. My mind control powers are pretty slow, too.

Heh, I'm the impatient type. Psychic is cool, but low dmg/fast cast is always my first choice.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 29, 2004, 10:25:03 AM

Quote from: stray
And Stray, I think Psychic dmg powers being slow is the tradeoff for almost nothing having resistances to psychic damage. My mind control powers are pretty slow, too.

Heh, I'm the impatient type. Psychic is cool, but low dmg/fast cast is always my first choice.

Then you want radiation.  The radiation blast powers are very fast, and lowish damage, in comparison.  Initial power hits for like 5ish, the 2nd one hits for like 10.

I liked Energy Blast for my Defender...  powers hit like a truck, with knockback.  Empathy for primary, and a set of gold, blue or purple medieval armor, and You Too Can Be an EQ Cleric SuperHero!  8)

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 29, 2004, 11:11:50 PM

I've since changed my list, it's much shorter now:

Graybeard - L8 Science Scrapper - Broadsword/Regen/Leaping
Pyrocide - L8 Tech Blaster - Fire/Devices/Speed
Taboo - L6 Mutant Tank - Fire/Ice/Provocation
Pink Pill - L6 Mutant Scrapper - Claws/Dark/Fitness

As you see, I can't stick a character.
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 09:31:59 AM

Quote from: schild

6 : Panzermensch

So it was YOU!!  I was playing Panzermensch in Beta as a Mace Tanker.

I just took the name cause of And One, though.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 11:12:22 AM

Errata:  Level 11, Magic Defender
Glass-Cannon:  Level 8, Technology Blaster (Go, Gadget, Go!)
Gunda Hjordis:  Level 5, Natural Tanker

RipSnort
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 11, 2004, 03:07:27 PM

RipStein - 10 scrapper
Donnerjak - 10 controller
WhiskeyJack - 9 blaster
BizMark - 5 Tanker
Carbone - 5 Tanker
RumRunner - defender
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #30 on: May 12, 2004, 02:50:18 AM

1.  Bloodfire - Level 17 Tanker
2.  Mondschrei - Level 5 Defender
3.  Heartflame - Level 2 Cotnroller (Experimental, mk III)

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 12, 2004, 06:26:04 AM

Updated - 05/17/04

Pyrocide - L16 Blaster - Fire/Devices/Speed/Teleport

Taboo - L11 Tanker - Fire/Ice/Provoke

Pink Pill - L8 Scrapper - Claws/Dark/Fitness

Honed - L11 Scrapper - Katana/Regen/Leaping

Dr. Discordian - L10 Defender - Kinetics/Dark/Flight

Glacier Roach - L3 Controller - Ice/Storm

Eleven of Clubs - L4 Tanker - Stone/Mace
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #32 on: May 12, 2004, 02:16:51 PM

Just to add it in.

My fiancee is playing on my account and has been tagged as Plague Goddess, 13 (I think) Mutant Controller, Mind/Storm Summoning. Be nice to her.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 12, 2004, 02:35:36 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
Just to add it in.

My fiancee is playing on my account and has been tagged as Plague Goddess, 13 (I think) Mutant Controller, Mind/Storm Summoning. Be nice to her.

Ah.  Saw her on today, didn't know who she was.  Now I know...

--
Alkiera

WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 02:36:51 PM

Plague Goddess

I read that as Plaque Goddess, and had all sorts of fun dental hygiene related barbs at the ready. Pity...

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Filled up your name spots? Post'em here.  
Jump to: