Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Related Downloads  |  Topic: Battlecruiser Millenium 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlecruiser Millenium  (Read 49595 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: May 31, 2005, 09:45:35 AM

So I did download it and install it, just to see..

I never did figure out what was going on. I could get my guns to fire and move around and even hyper jumped (wtf? why is the moon 60 seconds away from earth while i'm going the speed of light? Did it move?) once.

Couldn't figure out how to get my 'urgent message', so I guess it wasn't that urgent. After trying to play through the Training and randomly taking damage and dying in a glorious explosion while I tried to figure out what was going on, I decided to start a campaign to see if it was any better.

Hmm, nope. I was able to warp to another system, though the autopilot wanted to do circles around the portal instead of going in. Then I saw some bad guys! So I targetted them.. and and tried to shoot them .. and nothing happened. I guess my missiles missed? All 4 of them? And I can't seem to target my lasers very well, since the ship is so slow - wonder if there's a way to target them independant of the ships direction. I ended up ejecting (the one command I remembered from the 8 page command list PDF) and dying.

And so, it wasn't a very fun hour.
Until you have fully studied and digested the manual, FAQ, every post on the board (include your spec in your sig or I'll insta-ban you), it's obviously your own ignorant ass to blame. And your computer probably sucks.

Go buy the new version, UCAWA. And don't fucking post on our tech boards until you have a clue, retard. How dare you.

Love, the Supreme Commander.

Update: I see you posted an installation issue without your full system specs. You've been banned (and consider yourself lucky, I usually ban without warning). Now go buy UCAWA.

Was that a direct quote, or just a damned good imitation?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: May 31, 2005, 09:50:17 AM

I think he was channeling the "Good" Doctor.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: May 31, 2005, 02:02:55 PM

Maybe I AM HIM!!  evil

Nah, I just knew the style because I had spent an hour reading their tech support forums while waiting for some friends to come over.
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: May 31, 2005, 02:04:26 PM

You'll never get that hour back. You sick, twisted fuck.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #39 on: May 31, 2005, 02:18:26 PM

It could be worse. He could have tried to play the game for an hour.

Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #40 on: May 31, 2005, 06:12:52 PM

It's really too bad.

Many sites (like this one) wax poetic for thousands of pages worth of posts about how nobody in the game industry has the cohones to try something different.  And finally someone like The Developer Who Shall Not Be Named actually goes out and tries it and gets assreamed for it...

In fact, if he wasn't such a raging douchebag about everything PR related I would be willing to give him some serious props for the effort! ;)

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: May 31, 2005, 06:47:33 PM

As has also been stated on this forum (and probably others) countless times, "different" on its own doesn't cut it - a game must also be "fun".

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: May 31, 2005, 06:50:02 PM

At this point, with big-budget MMOGs, I'd settle for "different." For console/computer games that are made for small scale multiplayer and single player? Fun is more of a necessity than different.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 31, 2005, 07:50:35 PM

Since when are space sims different? I'm dying for a new and good one, but they are tried, true, and FAILED ( Well apart from Europe, where the X series is alive and well ).

Wiiiiii!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: June 01, 2005, 08:40:34 AM

Different means fuckall when the game either 1) requires a PHD from the Doctor's school in order to play, 2) has more bugs than a 1970's bug disaster attack flick, or 3) is just ball-licking boring. This was all 3.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Related Downloads  |  Topic: Battlecruiser Millenium  
Jump to: