Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Guildwars Naziism 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guildwars Naziism  (Read 23711 times)
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005, 07:26:57 AM

I'm glad to know that using your logic I can tell you to Sucmeoff Dikhed because it isnt a real word either. Not to Bruce, but I just see that you said locked and blocked. Don't see the outcome until you tell me I can't read.

Sorry, apparently it is I who should lean to read, I am checking into the hooked on ebonic series as we speak.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005, 09:47:36 AM

2: Kids will be exposed to the world anyway.

It's funny just how many parents refuse to recognize this.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 01:31:43 PM

1:
Common fucking sense.  Think to yourself, "Would I want my mother knowing that I named myself this?"  It's called being polite, the world would be better off if more people would do it with or without there being a giant obvious rulebook.

2:
Perhaps it's not the word itself, but the context?  For example- "Rape is a crime." versus "LOL we raped there asses!"  Someone naming themselves "Aborted Fetus" is making light of something that many people are very touchy about.  Your chosen name isn't as bad, but I can see their point of view- they enforce it on one person, they have to enforce it on another.  Even if it is slightly more subtle, it's still pretty much the same thing.

3:
Sorry, I misspoke.  Replace "fighting for" with "bitching about."

4:
Actually I'm an America-hating Liberal, but even I can't blame us for this one.  This isn't "American PCness gone rampant."  While I'll certainly agree that the PC stuff has gone too far in this country, your case isn't an example of that.  Your case is an example of a silly asshole who got bitch-slapped down then complained about it.

Or perhaps i could retardedly pick a single retarded adjective to retardedly use every  retarded alternating retarded word because I am too much of a fucking retard to come up with anything retardedly better.

Sorry, I used the same word twice.  My bad.  Were you going to actually answer the question or just keep up the inflammatory, overly defensive bullshit?  Either one's good for me, but it seems you were too busy to notice that I was actually suggesting that maybe your punishment was disproportionate to your crime.  But I guess it's heresy to suggest that naming yourself something obviously rude and possibly offensive is a crime, and that you should be accountable for that.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 01:59:13 PM

Look, I named my PVP-only throwaway character Crotchpheasant. Knowing it was vulgar and/or offensive (and I thought quite funny). If it gets changed, /meh. Whatever, I expected it. It was done for a laugh. I LOLed, if he is removed, I'm over it. I've also had Moist Boy, Dirtier Sanchez and something else, and I never expected to get any of them, because frankly, in a fantasy game, or an all ages game, I probably shouldn't have been able to.

If you name yourself after (or even phonentically similar to) a medical procedure that is one of the biggest hot button emotional political issues in the fucking country, you should probably expect not to keep that name forever. The same goes for Tard Killer (which I chuckle at), or Crotchpheasant. In the end, it isn't worth getting even mildly upset about.

We've called these kinds of names Stupidiot names for years now.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 26, 2005, 06:26:55 PM

2: Kids will be exposed to the world anyway.

It's funny just how many parents refuse to recognize this.

Whenever someone says it's "for the chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildren"  you can bet it's not about the children at all.  It's about adults.

Things that I find unpleasant, hell yes, I wish my children don't/won't/wouldn't have to deal with.  But I won't use them as an excuse - and often people invoke "the chilllllllllllldren" even when they have none.

I wish I _could_ create the world my kids live in.  Since I can't, I need to create kids who can live in this one.

Instead of saying it's about children, one should say it's about decency, or manners, or How To Behave In Public.  We seem to be losing all sense of that, however.  (But people have been similarly complaining about that since time immemorial).

Llava
Contributor

Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 12:03:40 AM

Instead of saying it's about children, one should say it's about decency, or manners, or How To Behave In Public.  We seem to be losing all sense of that, however. 

Very well said.

Sorry to be a douche and argue with him over it, but sometimes my e-peen gets the better of me and I can't help but respond to insults.  Sorry you all had to read it... or, rather, scroll down through it.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005, 05:05:17 AM

Somewhere on the WoW boards, they're laughing at this under the thread 'f13.net board message of the day'.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 07:50:25 AM

Now that is funny

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 08:05:27 AM

I wouldn't mind the insult exchange so much if you people were better at it.

Edit:  I have to say... I did rather enjoy Llava calling himself a douche.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 09:15:45 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 11:53:11 AM

Somewhere on the WoW boards, they're laughing at this under the thread 'f13.net board message of the day'.

WINNAR!

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #45 on: May 27, 2005, 05:17:47 PM

Linkage please? This POS computer I have in Roma might explode if I have to search those boards.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #46 on: May 27, 2005, 05:20:04 PM

Linkage please? This POS computer I have in Roma might explode if I have to search those boards.

You drank the water, didn't you?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #47 on: May 27, 2005, 05:32:07 PM

It's here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?ForumName=wow-off-topic&ThreadID=378383

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #48 on: May 27, 2005, 05:33:30 PM

You drank the water, didn't you?

The water at the Republican Forum was great; nice and cool. It's the tap that sucks.

EDIT: It didn't give me the "runs," which is what I was expecting at first.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 05:35:20 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #49 on: May 27, 2005, 05:33:40 PM

Llava
Contributor

Reply #50 on: May 27, 2005, 09:49:14 PM

It's here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?ForumName=wow-off-topic&ThreadID=378383

Extreme rofls for you, sir.

schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: May 27, 2005, 09:57:02 PM

Thank god it's already on page 6. It seems that 90% of the posts in the offtopic forum are about WoW but are rants. Great place to stuff them.
Cyber Claws

Email
Reply #52 on: May 28, 2005, 03:26:20 AM

I think e_bortion or whatever he wants to call himself, is just looking for reactions more than solutions.  He's just mad because he took an action thinking he was excercising some sort of 'right' but instead, got 'T-Bagged' by Arena.  I think it's funny.  Ever watch a little kid do something stupid and was told not to do it but did it anyway for whatever reason?  That's basically what this amounts to.  Go ahead, flame on.  When people have verbal diarrhea, they tend to sit on 'the pot' a long time.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 28, 2005, 04:03:08 PM

It's here:

even the wife laughed at this (she thinks people are stupid for playing computer games, let alone going to forums to talk about playing games), which is high praise.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 28, 2005, 06:10:40 PM

In-line sig images.  Do we still castrate for that, or did we relent and step it down to forkrape?  I always forget.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Cyber Claws

Email
Reply #55 on: May 28, 2005, 08:05:37 PM

Seems like something that would be hard to forget (castration).  How'd you do it?  =P
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: May 28, 2005, 09:31:43 PM

How'd you do it?  =P

Plastic Arby's Spork and tweezers.
Cyber Claws

Email
Reply #57 on: May 29, 2005, 12:01:42 AM

Heheheh!  Good one!  :-D
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 29, 2005, 02:46:59 AM

I think e_bortion or whatever he wants to call himself, is just looking for reactions more than solutions.  He's just mad because he took an action thinking he was excercising some sort of 'right' but instead, got 'T-Bagged' by Arena.  I think it's funny.  Ever watch a little kid do something stupid and was told not to do it but did it anyway for whatever reason?  That's basically what this amounts to.  Go ahead, flame on.  When people have verbal diarrhea, they tend to sit on 'the pot' a long time.

Yet another fucktarded moron who barely has the common sense to store food for the hive to survive the winter. Again I ask anybody to point out exactly where these rules were flashed in my face. You have to dig in the guildwars website support section to find the naming policy. Besides as I said, I am not all that hurt by it, so keep dreaming and fantisizing about young boys crying at their computer if you must, I am sure it is nothing new to you.
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 29, 2005, 02:53:15 AM

1:
Common fucking sense.  Think to yourself, "Would I want my mother knowing that I named myself this?"  It's called being polite, the world would be better off if more people would do it with or without there being a giant obvious rulebook.

2:
Perhaps it's not the word itself, but the context?  For example- "Rape is a crime." versus "LOL we raped there asses!"  Someone naming themselves "Aborted Fetus" is making light of something that many people are very touchy about.  Your chosen name isn't as bad, but I can see their point of view- they enforce it on one person, they have to enforce it on another.  Even if it is slightly more subtle, it's still pretty much the same thing.

3:
Sorry, I misspoke.  Replace "fighting for" with "bitching about."

4:
Actually I'm an America-hating Liberal, but even I can't blame us for this one.  This isn't "American PCness gone rampant."  While I'll certainly agree that the PC stuff has gone too far in this country, your case isn't an example of that.  Your case is an example of a silly asshole who got bitch-slapped down then complained about it.

Or perhaps i could retardedly pick a single retarded adjective to retardedly use every  retarded alternating retarded word because I am too much of a fucking retard to come up with anything retardedly better.

Sorry, I used the same word twice.  My bad.  Were you going to actually answer the question or just keep up the inflammatory, overly defensive bullshit?  Either one's good for me, but it seems you were too busy to notice that I was actually suggesting that maybe your punishment was disproportionate to your crime.  But I guess it's heresy to suggest that naming yourself something obviously rude and possibly offensive is a crime, and that you should be accountable for that.

1: If you really care what your mother thinks about your little game characters, you have problems man.

2: How many fucking times must this be repeated before you understand? ABORTED FETUS WAS NOT MY CHARACTERS NAME.

3: or inanely babbling in your case.

4: You wouldn't know the difference if it raped your bleeding anal canal.

I prefer the inflammatory bullshit. Enjoy.

Off with my head for being a bad bad man. Look mommy... look at the bad bad man.
Cyber Claws

Email
Reply #60 on: May 29, 2005, 03:26:17 AM

Like I said, verbal diarrhea....

I don't have this delusional sense of fantasy that you describe.

Again, you are just lacking the mental faculties to comprehend things that are common knowledge to the rest of us.  I understand now how you came up with your name(s).  Some how, you managed to sneak through the Quality Control phase of life.  Your name(s) ironically reflect what you should have been.  Somehow, you managed to live this long and I refuse to believe that someone of your quality has made it this far.  Good argument for post-natal abortion.

Why do you insist on having BIG SIGNS pointing everything out to you?  Mainly, common sense 'rules of civilization'.  Do you really have to have BIG SIGNS pointing everything out for you?  Signs like, 'Don't touch!  Burning flames are hot!"?  From eveything you have said down to your primary complaint of the 'naming policy' itself, proves that you are mentally incompetent of understanding anything logical.  The only thing you are good at that I can see is... nothing!  You're a waste of bandwith on the information super highway!

I can see how this world has come to such a 'punitive damage' type of society!  It's because of people like you who have to have everything spelled out for them.  I can see that you have to have somebody constantly reminding you of things that should be 'common sense'.  I have no sympathy for you.  I do have sympathy for those that have to put up with your nonsense though.   evil

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 29, 2005, 09:40:21 AM

Quote from: ArenaNet Community Relations Manager
We realize that some will disagree with the name policies of Guild Wars. But I can assure you they are far more liberal than many other companies out there. There were quite a number that rolled in today that we did not block, in the interests of allowing a wide variety of names and a liberal approach to self expression.

Now, if you wonder why we don't warn, or offer to change names, or in other ways hand-hold those who skirt the rules of reasonable discourse with names that call out sex acts or body parts or racist concepts, stop and think what that sort of service costs. And consider how few really need it. And how those few who need it need it again, and again, and again.

I would estimate that 95% of players never have a single disciplinary mark against their accounts. Their only calls on a company's support team may be for technical issues or account concerns (lost password, email not seeming to function, etc). We are handling all those very promptly and as thoroughly as possible. But would you honestly expect that we can offer personalized service for the remaining 5% -- the line crossers and the steady drains on manhours -- and all without a monthly fee?

Raise you hands, everyone who is willing to pay $15 a month so that those with poor judgment, an infantile or purile sense of humour or a lack of social grace can be hand-tended, babysat, warned, coddled, and name-changed on a regular basis.

I vote "no monthly fee" coupled with a reasonable policy about names and in-game behavior. We offer both. Read the Conduct Breaches and Outcomes document for more information. I'm certainly willing to discuss the policy, but I honestly feel it's reasonable, fair, and effective and it's going to take a lot to convince me that we need to change it.

Quote from: ArenaNet Community Relations Manager
The rules were posted when the game launched. Perhaps before, in fact. And don't worry, the financial situation doesn't equate to "less service," it simply means that we are focusing our efforts on that which is the most valuable to the community at large and not chasing our tails in dealing with those with poor judgment who think that "do overs" should be the norm. How about we hire some programmers and artists for the expansion pack -- which benefits all players -- rather than bring on a dozen CS members to send out "Oh, my, please change your name" emails.

And in general, let me say this: I'm a gamer. All I know you by, before we speak, is the character and the name you show me. Frankly, if someone is about body parts and sex acts, I not only don't want to meet him, I really don't feel I want to share the game world with him. I'm grateful that my company is willing to take a position on this. And I think that as people recognize the consequences of poor choices, and how broad their options truly are, the need for blocks will drop dramatically. And with that, we all benefit.

Personally I suspect there will be one or two people with genuinely borderline names, and I'd have thought a name change on first offence wouldn't be *that* hard to operate. But hey, it's not as if the grind in GW is espeicially long.

And there is a downside to naming restrictions. If stupid people don't give their characters stupid names, how am I supposed to identify them and avoid inviting them to my group?

Final point: blimey, the ArenaNet PR person doesn't half get free rein with their 'tude. This is practically pre-employment tweety.

Where did you find this?  Is this a real quote from an Arena Net CRM?

I wish that _all_ MMOGs would take this approach, including the pay-to-plays.  It would certainly enrich my gaming experience - after all, one of the reasons I play games is to get away from my kids.  When I have to be around other people who act childish, it's an incentive for me to find something else to do to get away from my kids.

I'd play a game with pay-to-use CSRs.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed one in the years I've been playing.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 29, 2005, 12:08:27 PM

It's a quote from one of the links way up the top of this thread.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
e_bortion
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 02:57:34 AM

I understand now how you came up with your name(s).

Then I defy you to explain what the name E Bortion means. If you get it right you win a lifesize big fat sloppy sweating cookie that lives in its moms basement combing message boards for somebody to "flame" (term used loosely) resembling you.

Why do you insist on having BIG SIGNS pointing everything out to you?  Mainly, common sense 'rules of civilization'.  Do you really have to have BIG SIGNS pointing everything out for you?  Signs like, 'Don't touch!  Burning flames are hot!"?  From eveything you have said down to your primary complaint of the 'naming policy' itself, proves that you are mentally incompetent of understanding anything logical.  The only thing you are good at that I can see is... nothing!  You're a waste of bandwith on the information super highway!

This common sense that you speak of doesn't stop you from being a complete fucking fagtard in the forums, does it. Nice use of bandwidth genius, you just blew your own argument right out of the water.

Next.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 03:02:17 AM by e_bortion »
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 04:55:03 AM

From http://shop.emphasister.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=50&categoryId=3

E-Bortion: noun. Wherein someone claims that the terrible stress of generating Internet Drama causes them to have a miscarriage. Of course, this is always blamed on everyone else and not the alleged victim. See also "Attention Whore" and "Skank"

Quite fitting if you ask me.

Edit: Was number one return on Google. Congratz! You're (in)Famous!!

Now where's that cookie.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 04:58:09 AM by raydeen »

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: May 30, 2005, 12:22:58 PM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Llava
Contributor

Reply #66 on: May 30, 2005, 03:15:38 PM

2:
Perhaps it's not the word itself, but the context?  For example- "Rape is a crime." versus "LOL we raped there asses!"  Someone naming themselves "Aborted Fetus" is making light of something that many people are very touchy about. Your chosen name isn't as bad, but I can see their point of view- they enforce it on one person, they have to enforce it on another.  Even if it is slightly more subtle, it's still pretty much the same thing.

2: How many fucking times must this be repeated before you understand? ABORTED FETUS WAS NOT MY CHARACTERS NAME.

FIND TEH FUNNEY

schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: May 30, 2005, 04:41:07 PM

I found him.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #68 on: May 30, 2005, 04:49:53 PM

INTERNET. SERIOUS BUSINESS.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #69 on: May 31, 2005, 09:44:17 AM

I wonder if "Rajin Morningwood" would get banned? I'm so sick of seeing some combination of Raven, Wood, Claw, Silver, Blade, etc. as a name. And how many chicks need to be named Fiona? Creativity, people!

I totally wanna use Morningwood. I was gonna use my porn name, Goldie Lame (la-may, not 'lame'), but I wanted you guys to be able to recognize me if I ever ran into any of you.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Guildwars Naziism  
Jump to: