Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:05:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Review: Leisure Suit Larry : Magna Cum Laude 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review: Leisure Suit Larry : Magna Cum Laude  (Read 5569 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: May 06, 2005, 04:23:53 PM

Funny garbage, but still garbage.

(This review sent in by Astorax.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 04:34:34 PM

Aww...my first review...how cute... Next time I'll try to pick a game that I actually liked. :)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:24:42 PM

I reviewed this pile back when it first came out and I wholeheartedly agree with your conclusion: it's a shitheap probably meant to cash in on the Larry franchise (for us old fart adventure gamers) and, potentially, teen hormones. The fact that I gave it a 3.2 makes me vaguely nauseous.

However, yes, the Lesbian Nights sequence was so good I had to play through it four times to actually pass. It's probably the only really redeeming point the game has in it.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 06:30:52 PM

Spoiler Alert! Highlight to see...
I also got a kick out of the role-played sex scene with Morgan just because I'm an old-school D&D-er and got a kick out it.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 01:38:45 AM

Yeah, I got a kick out of the DnD section also.

I never played any of the other LSL games, but I would have given this a 4.5.

It had its moments.

If I had known old stuff was open to review, I could have done this also.

EDIT: For the love of god, fix the screencap placement please. It took me a moment to realise the pics were not actually covering text.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 01:46:16 AM

I blame Samwise...he's been playing with HTML formatting...
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 07:28:59 AM

I blame the fact that there were two images about one sentence apart.   tongue  Added some padding; that should reduce the visual confusion.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 10:16:38 AM

I blame the fact that there were two images about one sentence apart.   tongue  Added some padding; that should reduce the visual confusion.

Might want to pad the pictures in the Doom 3 review as well.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 08:42:55 AM

I agree.  Done.

Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 06:57:26 AM

I think this game and others like it only goes to show that people in the gaming industry don't know how to make sex fun.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 07:12:02 AM

I think you could extend this statement to the general populace.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 08:41:43 AM

I think you could also extend that statement to almost every other area of real life.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 04:40:47 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Review: Leisure Suit Larry : Magna Cum Laude  
Jump to: