Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:55:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: The Storyline (and other miscellaneous jabber) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Storyline (and other miscellaneous jabber)  (Read 1942 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 02, 2005, 04:16:08 AM

It probably didn't need it's own thread, but I figure if there are spoilers eventually, this should be sectioned off.

Anyway, grouped with Bael tonight for about 5 hours. Blew through Ruins of Surmia and the proceeding academy. I can honestly say for the first time, I'm interested in the lore behind the game. I've not cared about the world in any other MMORPG I've played up to this point. Now I'm finding myself even _reading_ quest information. Which normally consisted of keywords 1, 2, and 3 in past games.

Also, some of the areas are truly remarkable - as is much of the art. NCSoft is no doubt a force to be reckoned with. Now I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would pay a subscription cost with this on the market. Well-balanced, fast paced PVP + a storyline that flows like a singleplayer game with an MMORPG economy and coop missions + No Monthly Fee = Love.

Spoilerish:

The story. I sort of wish you had the option of staying in Rin and rebuilding (choosing the King's side) or continuing to Yak's Bend. I'm always erked now'a'days when a game is COMPLETELY on rails. I realize it's better for an MMORPG to be tht way, but it does upset me in some small corner of my gaming heart.

Also, the horn on the side of the mountain...God of War anybody? It was brilliant then and brilliant now. Unfortunately this time it didn't summon a Titan carrying a mountain.

Edit: Moved a question to a different thread.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 05:07:55 AM by schild »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: The Storyline (and other miscellaneous jabber)  
Jump to: