Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Latest Batman Begins trailer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Latest Batman Begins trailer  (Read 6879 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #35 on: May 01, 2005, 11:34:34 PM

Well for me there'd be two ways to go about it.  Either do just a set with the best episodes for people who have already watched the series, or do a set for a person who hasn't really watched the show and wants to see the episodes important to the overall story as well (otherwise a lot of the best episodes lose a lot of meaning without the general context of what's going on with the characters especially in the later seasons where the overall arcs span out through more of the season), so I'd break it down like this season by season:

Episodes marked with a * would be my "Best Of" choices.  All others listed are because their important to the story.  Thrown together quickly using a Buffy episode guide for reference.  Haven't watched a lot of these episodes in a while so take this as you will:

Season 1

Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest (two-part episode)
Angel
Prophecy Girl (Season Finale)

Season 2

School Hard (first Spike)
Halloween/Dark Age
*Surprise/Innocence
*Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
*Passion
*Becoming pt. 1 and 2

Season 3

Faith, Hope & Trick
Revelations
Lovers Walk
*The Wish
Helpless
*The Zeppo
Bad Girls
Consequences
*Doppelgängland
The Prom
*Graduation Day, Part One and Two

Season 4 (probably could have added more Initiative related episodes for plot points... but fuck that stuff was boring)

The Initiative
*Something Blue
*Hush
This Year's Girl/Who Are You
The Yoko Factor/Primeval
*Restless

Season 5 (a lot of plot important episodes here if you want to get the Dawn/Glory story arc)

Buffy vs. Dracula
The Replacement
No Place Like Home
Family
Fool for Love
Checkpoint
Blood Ties
Crush
*The Body
Intervention
Tough Love
Spiral
The Weight of the World
The Gift

Season 6 (notable mostly for the musical episode once more with feeling.  The other episodes involve the geek trio, Willow's magic turning her evil, and Buffy and Spike sex)

Bargaining
Flooded
All the Way
*Once More, With Feeling
*Tabula Rasa
Smashed
Dead Things
Hell's Bells
Entropy
Seeing Red
Villains
Two to Go
Grave

Season 7 (One long story arc for the most part.  Not the greatest but since it's the series finale I suppose it's worth watching on that level and there are some good episodes.  Only a few episodes that don't move the story along so I'll just keep this part to the best episodes)

* Selfless
* Conversations with Dead People
* Storyteller
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #36 on: May 02, 2005, 12:09:28 AM

And really, you ought to have the alternate universe sans Buffy one to introduce vampire Willow, so the ending has that much more resonance.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #37 on: May 02, 2005, 09:13:39 AM

Here we are, born to be Kings, we're the Princes of the uuuunnnniverrrrrse!

I love me some Highlander, it was on right after school.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 02, 2005, 10:02:38 AM

And really, you ought to have the alternate universe sans Buffy one to introduce vampire Willow, so the ending has that much more resonance.

Lesbian Vampire Willow doesn't need "continuity" or "resonance".  She just is.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #39 on: May 02, 2005, 11:35:27 AM

I suppose tv shows about teens in high school just don't much appeal to me.  I've seen the Buffy, Angel and Smallville ones from time to time, but I don't go out of my way to see them... I've missed a lot of them.  I'm not minding.  I don't think I'd spend a cent to buy any and I wouldn't bother recording them, either.   There seems to be little bits of me scattered about that mostly grew up or sommat.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #40 on: May 02, 2005, 12:19:18 PM

Well, so far nothing has induced the laughter that seeing Superman in costume has caused

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one who thought that. The guy's shoulders just are not broad enough to pull off Superman. I'd prefer Dean Cain. That and his shorts look like fucking Underoos.

I could never get into Buffy, despite the hawtness of Willow and Lesbian Willow. Firefly, however, was the shiznit.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Latest Batman Begins trailer  
Jump to: