Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:17:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard tries to nerf catassery 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blizzard tries to nerf catassery  (Read 43351 times)
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: April 27, 2004, 04:25:09 AM

Quote from: El Gallo
Quote from: Mesozoic

Rest State is only a problem if you stubbornly insist on the most boring possible playstyle for a single character in the face of far better alternatives.

I am not sure that I would say that an evening spent crawling a great dungeon with a tight group is more boring than an evening of solo/disposable group "collect 30 foozle paws" quests.

But by all accounts that great dungeon crawling will most likely come during the course of a quest.  Theres a guy posting at that other site whose Gnome Rogue is level 15, he's spent plenty of time in dungeons, and he says he's quested all the way.

This is exactly the tendency I'm talking about. You've assumed that quests are not compatible with an enjoyable game, and Blizzard is trying to defeat this mindset.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
WayAbvPar

Reply #106 on: April 27, 2004, 09:00:20 AM

As for friends who want to play with eachother..? they will find a way to do it or they arent really friends.. Friendship is sooo much bigger than some lousy game mechanics.

Yep- they will find another game to play, and kiss your restrictive catass game goodbye.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard tries to nerf catassery  
Jump to: