Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:32:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Bat Country: Guidelines and Roll Call for live [update] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: Guidelines and Roll Call for live [update]  (Read 19794 times)
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 22, 2004, 09:27:19 AM

Hero Name: The Protectorate
Powers: FF/Energy Blast Defender.

I will probably try for a secondary "Electro-Volt" blaster type if I can manage it.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #36 on: April 22, 2004, 08:40:48 PM

My guild character will be Hawkwind. Since I wasn't enough of a board camper, my alts don't want to be in your motherfucking group anyway.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #37 on: April 22, 2004, 09:02:57 PM

EDITED:

Name: Matador
Powers: Dark Scrapper
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 23, 2004, 05:45:41 AM

I'm going to be tracking this thread in an Excel file (easy sorting). Clicky this linky if you want a snapshot of our roster:

Bat Country Roster
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 23, 2004, 06:32:03 AM

After my whopping hour and a half beta session, I'm betting money that Bozo won't be available as a name.  Sadly, my less than original backup plan (Supervolt) was taken too.  So the new and improved information for my guy is:

Mr. Subtle
Tanker
Invuln/Super Strength

Appearance: Dressed like a color-blind pimp.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #40 on: April 23, 2004, 08:53:04 AM

The name block is only long enough for 15 characters, so I can't be Alkiera Kerithor unless I shorten it in some lame way.  Instead, I've resevered 'Alkiera', and put my last name in my profile.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 23, 2004, 12:15:23 PM

I reserved "Electron Volt" (the amount of energy in one electron passed through an electric field of one volt, usually designated eV) on what was the name reserve server and Electron Blue on freedom (ne prime).

Not sure if I will actually be able to participate in catass2justice but I have a 10 days off the week after and am sure I will show you all the true definition of the word catass.

edit:
Also If I can manage it again (got lucky in beta) I'll have a scrapper alt named Buckaroo Bonzai or Jack Burton.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #42 on: April 23, 2004, 01:23:05 PM

I reserved 'Beguiler', so I will likely have a character with that appelation come Sunday. Not sure if he will be my main yet, but it works well enough in a group to be useful to the SuperGroup.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #43 on: April 23, 2004, 01:34:54 PM

Reserved Seismic Shift cause Jurist was already taken on name res/Victory.

Hoping to get something else for my scrapper, but it looks like I'm catassing my controller to victory to start out.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 23, 2004, 01:54:02 PM

Hero Name: The Blue Bomb
Hero Archetype: Ice Ice Blaster
Catass commitment: Yes, yes, and hell yes.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #45 on: April 23, 2004, 04:59:56 PM

Not sure what my name will be, as I'm still torn between making a WildWest gunfighter (assault rifle/gadgets), insane Knight (don't like melee much in this game though), or campy super hero in tights(blaster or defender).

Just can't decide whether to poor on the cheese and go for tights and a campy name or be the lone gunman in a land of spandex (it's hard to justify super speed on a gunslinger(yah I try not to break fiction)).

Errr.. long story short, save me a spot. I like the game (and shit, it's an actual game).

-Rasix
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 23, 2004, 05:42:25 PM

Cool. Updated
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 24, 2004, 12:59:09 AM

Is there still a limit on number of heroes in a supergroup? Knowledge database on the CoH site claims there isn't.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
schild
Administrator

Reply #48 on: April 24, 2004, 01:11:45 AM

If there isn't anymore than anyone gets all the alts they want. And the limit is gone. As of the last day of beta the limit WAS 75. They were talking about dropping it and it seems they may have.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 24, 2004, 03:05:16 PM

Storm/elec defender - Red Mist.

Energy/gadgets blaster - Redcoat.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #50 on: April 24, 2004, 03:20:41 PM

Quote from: schild
If there isn't anymore than anyone gets all the alts they want. And the limit is gone. As of the last day of beta the limit WAS 75. They were talking about dropping it and it seems they may have.

Statesman had this to say about the 75 character limit yesterday:

Actually, the number 75 is not just picked out the air. The limitation is based on a feature that you'll here about in the next month or so.

So it looks like the limit will still be in place but for an as yet unknown reason.  Maybe it has something to do with HQ's.
Delf
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 25, 2004, 09:33:36 AM

Hope I'm not too late to sign in. (I mostly lurk the LTM diaspora, but some of you will remember me from SWG or SB.)

Hero Name: Qua Fin Ti
Archetype: Katana/Regen Scrapper
Weekend: yes

I may have Chrysoprase reserved on Victory (work was hell last week and the flip/flop/flip on name reservation got by me.) If so, he'll be some kind of tanker.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 26, 2004, 09:30:09 AM

Actually, the number 75 is not just picked out the air. The limitation is based on a feature that you'll here about in the next month or so.

Maybe it has something to do with HQ's.

Shot in the dark: Possibly has to do with their instancing implimentation and City of Villians. Say your supergroup is defending an instanced warehouse (75 people) from another supergroup who is attacking the warehouse (75 people). That gives you a max of 150 people in the instanced zone.

Same thing applies to HQ's. You could have 75 supergroup members and 75 guests in the HQ for 150 total.

I'll wager the Atlas Park 2 zone shows up when the Atlas Park 1 zone gets near 130-140 players.
DeathHQ

Email
Reply #53 on: April 26, 2004, 03:23:19 PM

I made a new post asking for a guild invite, reading the sticky threads woulda been a good idea ;)

I'm a good friend of Apothecary, he told me to come here and sign up to see if I can get a spot in the supergroup!

My char is a martial / regeneration named Deathstriker, and I plan to play an electricity blaster named Thayvius.

I understand there's some form of cap on the supergroup size so it's all good if only one can get invited :)
Whitesmith

Email
Reply #54 on: April 26, 2004, 09:26:17 PM

Whitesmith
Technology Tanker
Fire
Energy

I can Commit to Catassing my weekends for justice.
Vespasian
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 27, 2004, 05:01:42 PM

I am a friend of Soukyan also interested in joining Bat Country if you have roster room.  I was instructed to post here.  I use to frequent Waterthread somewhat and played with some of you folks as Vespasian in SWG.  

Hero Name: Owen Masterson
Archetype: Mutation Defender-Primary/Secondary=Radiation
Catass Commit: No
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #56 on: April 29, 2004, 07:14:26 AM

The Cosmic Anomaly
Energy/Energy Blaster

All slots filled, so who knows who will end up as my alt? Not me! Hey, remember that 70s pr0n, All Slots Filled....
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 29, 2004, 07:49:23 AM

Quote from: Krakrok

Maybe it has something to do with HQ's.

Shot in the dark: Possibly has to do with their instancing implimentation and City of Villians. Say your supergroup is defending an instanced warehouse (75 people) from another supergroup who is attacking the warehouse (75 people). That gives you a max of 150 people in the instanced zone.

Same thing applies to HQ's. You could have 75 supergroup members and 75 guests in the HQ for 150 total.

I'll wager the Atlas Park 2 zone shows up when the Atlas Park 1 zone gets near 130-140 players.

That and and possibly something to do with instancing and multi-grouping in the trial zones. Either way, Cryptic has their shit together. They know their limitations and they plan accordingly.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 29, 2004, 08:47:07 AM

EL DURAZNO
Natural
Defender
1) Empathy
2) Energy Blast

Hoping I can latch on to a spot with Bat Country.  Errr... Long time lurker, semi-frequent poster.

PS - that catass business was just for pre-launch right?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 29, 2004, 09:15:12 AM

Voodoo Knight

Technology/Scrapper

I played around on Freedom for a while yesterday, and got a blaster up to 7th, but this is a 2nd level newbie.  I'll give one of you guys a holler tonight to see if I can get grouped.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 29, 2004, 10:44:53 AM

Burning Cold
Fire/Ice Tanker

Hoping to get a spot with BC. Lurk a lot, post infrequently.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 30, 2004, 09:24:38 AM

Sine I seem to be playing her more...
Name: Clotho
Type: Magic/Scrapper
Server: Victory
http://www.polarsoft.com/games/delos/COH/clotho.jpg

Name: Feuerelementar
Type: Science/Blaster (fire)
Server: Victory
http://www.polarsoft.com/games/delos/COH/Feuerelementar.jpg

Next interesting question: when do people generally play? I seem to be good for most weeknights from 9 - 11PM MST. Weekends... who knows?

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #62 on: April 30, 2004, 11:22:55 AM

Captain Obvious
Science  Defender (Heal/Psychic)

Another mostly lurker hoping for acceptance. And a Pony.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 30, 2004, 11:29:13 AM

Roster's been updated. Hit refresh if it's wrong. Also, the page title now includes the date of the last update, and gray bars to signify who's a member and who's got an application pending.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #64 on: April 30, 2004, 11:59:10 AM

Darniaq snubbed me, I'm so hurt. I'm going to go cry in my beer and get hammered on tears.

:P
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 30, 2004, 12:10:38 PM

Murgos took Buckaroo Bonzai! Die in a character name fire byiotch!

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
la_Rapiere

Email
Reply #66 on: May 04, 2004, 01:22:33 PM

Kitami
Claw/Regen Scrapper

or possibly

Candy Stripe
Empathy/Electricity Defender

-la_Rapiere
Leathersoup
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 07, 2004, 08:44:54 PM

8-Track (energy/energy blaster)

that's about it... I have some others, but they're not much worth mentioning.

Reply #68 on: May 08, 2004, 08:07:10 AM

Quote from: Daeven
Murgos took Buckaroo Bonzai! Die in a character name fire byiotch!

I also have "Turtle" a gravity/force field controller which I hope someday I will have the patience to level up to become "The Great and Powerful Turtle", He's actually pretty fun to level, as opposed to all the other controllers I've tried and hated.

Did I ever tell you I was a huge fan of Aces-High?

Also, I have an energy tanker named Sho-Nuff, with the glowy red hands and sparks when he hits things looks just like he should from the last dragon.

I also wanted Jack "It's all in the reflexes" Burton but someone beat me to it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 14, 2004, 12:34:58 AM

Hero Name - Sharinel
Hero Type - Dark Magic/Regen Scrapper
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Bat Country: Guidelines and Roll Call for live [update]  
Jump to: