Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Bat Country: Guidelines and Roll Call for live [update] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: Guidelines and Roll Call for live [update]  (Read 20129 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 15, 2004, 12:34:02 AM

We're gearing up for release in Bat Country, and with the limit of 75 players in a supergroup, we need to set up a few ground rules.

The first 22 people (first 3 are Haemish, Joe, and Schild) to express interest will receive two character "slots" within the group. The remaining 25 will only receive one. As the number of players within supergroups is increased, we'll first allow the remaining 25 a second slot, and then work back down from the top of the list, allowing the initial 22 a third.

From there, things will develop. We're gonna keep things pretty loosely organized, and we'll probably make captains of people who show enough interest to play a good amount, or posess some leadership qualities.

Below would you please answer the following questions in this format (if you only want to play 1 toon, then only list 1 toon. If you can't commit to more than one, just say so).:

Hero name(s): ??? & Motion Sickness
Hero archetype(s): M. Arts/Reflex Scrapper & Rad/Rad Defender
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Yes/No

EDIT: Catass2Justice weekend is the weekend preorder people are allowed in before it goes live. We want to get out of the newbie areas (Atlas Park, Kings Row, Galaxy City, and The Sewer System) before the public is unleashed upon us. It is important. Don't pretend it isn't. Map Connection Lost sucks.

It's not a weekend. I am a calendar retarded apparently.

Quote from: Sonic Purge
Just to remind everyone, catassing starts on Sunday the 25th and runs through the 27th, which is a Tuesday. Game goes live on Wednesday the 28th.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 12:35:02 AM

Hero name(s): The Stygian & ???
Hero archetype(s): Emp/Dark Defender & ???/???
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Yes
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 12:36:21 AM

Hero name(s): Edged (no D if I can get it) & Strike Anywhere
Hero archetype(s): Katana/Regen Scrapper & Empathy/Psychic Defender
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Most likely.
Jenn

Email
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:44:12 AM

Hero name(s): Mephista & MiddKnight

Hero archetype(s): Meph is a Tech Blaster w/ Fire Blast & Electricity Manipulation  and Midd's a Magic Scrapper w/ Spines & Regeneration.

Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Most likely - but I'm having to share Joe's computer currently. When I get the new video card, I can do whatever you want. :p
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 04:55:52 AM

Hero names(s): The Apothecary and Elven Claw
Hero archetypes(s): Empathy/Electric Defender and Claw/? Scrapper.
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? I'll try to be there as much as possible!

[Edit] Finalized what I want my characters to play!
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 05:13:59 AM

Hero name: Sumis
Hero archetype: Sword & Invuln
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? No

While I'd like to be able to commit, I don't even know if the box will be here in time for the first week, let alone the first weekend :(
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 06:03:40 AM

Hero name(s): Geisha & Quidam
Hero archetype(s): Illusion/Storm Controller & Empathy/Psychic Defender

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 06:39:12 AM

Hero Name : Richard Kane
Hero Archetype : ??/Defender
C2J : Unsure.  May conflict with the lush beaches of the Caribbean. :p
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 06:59:04 AM

Signe
Gravity Controller/Empathy
I'm afraid of committment but EB appears to have shipped the bonus CD so I'll be around for that party weekend. I have no idea what to make an alt though or if I'll even have one in the group.

Righ is playing some sort of blaster and will be there also, though he is pretty busy at work this week so he probably won't have time to peruse any boards.  He may have the entire release week off, though.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 07:15:28 AM

Hero name(s): ??? & Sir Bruce
Hero archetype(s): ???/??? ???? & Fire/Fire Blaster
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Probably, though my hours of play will be after Midnight eastern

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 08:54:52 AM

Name:? either Xilren's Twin or something more heroic like Foehammer
Type: Defender Storm/Electric or Blaster Fire/Fire
Catass weekend: considering this 3 day preview starts on a Sunday (bleh commitments galore), I will be much more available the monday and tues of that period

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 09:00:41 AM

I'm planning on picking up a preorder box from the local EB tommorrow if they still have them, but I won't have much time to play before the preorder weekend..  Assuming that I'm invited I'm interested in joining:

Hero Name:  ??? (most likely Cevik, because I'm original like that)
Archetype:  fire?/fire? blaster (I'm thinking of trying to build a blaster of some kind)
Can I commit:  I have commitment issues.  I'll be around in preorder weekend but unfortunately I'm unable to commit to catassing at all ever.  I have to make time for the baby and the wife and work and all of that you know..

EDIT:  Think I've decided to go fire/fire blaster, not 100% decided yet, however.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 09:15:28 AM

Hero name(s): Whipcrack & Cirrocco (my misspellings are semi-intentional)
Hero archetype(s): Natural/Scrapper & Tech/Controller
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? I am unable to commit due to religious objections :) But I'll probably be on those 3 days, just in my normal 2-4 hour time spurts.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 09:34:44 AM

Hero names(s): Fist of Thoth & Toxically Delicious
Hero archetype(s): Dark/Dark Scrapper & Rad/Rad Defender
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? You betcha!
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 09:39:28 AM

I am in- haven't played yet, so I don't know the character yet (I want to try some kind of controller/mezzer for sure). If there is room, I am hoping my old roomie can join us as well (he is an HD alum).

I THINK I will be moved in and ready to go by this time next week, so I will have a day or two of beta to dick around before the Catassing starts. I don't know how long I will be able to play during that weekend, but I will definitely be on.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 10:17:08 AM

Hero name(s): Not Decided & Not Decided
Hero archetype(s): ???/Scrapper & ???/Blaster
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Probably not as I start my new job that Monday.

Edit: Copy and Paste killed my brother.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #16 on: April 15, 2004, 10:29:13 AM

Hero Names: Morphiend and Morfiend(?)

Powers: Morphiend - Scrapper Dark/Dark
             Morfiend- Undecided ether a Blaster or a Dark/Dark Defender.

Catass2freedom: I will be on, but not in full catass form, as it is my weekend at work, so Ill be on in the evening. But depending on what time the game goes live, I have all friday free.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 12:35:39 PM

Hero Names:  Seismic Shift and Jurist
Types:  Controller earth/storm and scrapper(possilby tanker), undecided on powers for launch.
Catass2Justice?  Yeah, I am done with classes but haven't begun finals at that point, and will be off work to "study."

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 02:03:12 PM

Hero name(s): Aslan (if I can get it) or Pysek

Hero archetype(s): Elec - Elec Blaster type probably

Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend?  Barring something awful at work, I can catass the night away.
Kyper
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 07:25:18 PM

Hero name(s):  Doughboy
Hero archetype(s):  Dark Melee/Reflex Scrapper
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend?  I can catass with the best of them.  Yes, it's scary.  I have Sunday-Wednesday off from work, mainly to play CoH.  I warned you, my powers of catassery are scary.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 07:46:22 PM

Hero name: Stone Hammer/Monolith
Archtype: Tanker
Powers: Invuln/Stone

Hero name: Lunar Cry
Archtype: Defender or Blaster
Powers: Working on it

Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend?
Sunday yes, but thats about it, unfortunately.  My mondays are 15 hours long, and tuesdays are 8, both lasting until 11pm.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #21 on: April 15, 2004, 11:00:02 PM

Hero name(s): Alkiera Kerithor
Hero archetype(s): Mind/Kinetics Controller
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? I have 3 cats, and my house doesn't smell like cat, unless you're standing over a litterbox.  Also, I have to work all three evenings that weekend.  I'll be on, but not 24/3

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 16, 2004, 12:33:05 PM

Character Name : ??? (Possibly The Shavinator or something close)
Powers / Shit : No idea...probably play it by ear
Catass2Justice : Some of it, but there is the everpresent class eating up time. (Plus I'm not sure if I can find a preorder box this late >_< )
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 16, 2004, 01:36:29 PM

I'll be buying the game, but finding a pre-order box isn't happening; but if you've got space in the catass league of superheroes I'd like to join.

Name: Bozo the Destroyer
Either a tanker or a scrapper, whichever seems to be more fun.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #24 on: April 17, 2004, 09:38:09 AM

Hero name:  Hysterical
Hero archetype:  Illusion, Empathy Controller
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend?:  Depends on my work schedule but I'll be able to make at least lv. 10.
Anger
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 17, 2004, 09:43:13 AM

Hero name(s):  Offsuit
Hero archetype(s):  Tank (Invulnerability and Energy Melee most likely)
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend?  Yes.  Though I turn 30 on the 25th, so there will be drinking involved.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #26 on: April 17, 2004, 02:52:39 PM

Hero name(s): ??? & ??? (G/f char)
Hero archetype(s): ??? & ???
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 17, 2004, 04:45:33 PM

Hero name(s): Darniaq
Hero archetype(s): Energy/Energy Blaster
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Yes. Sunday, 8pm Eastern is when I start.
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 18, 2004, 06:29:50 PM

Hero name(s): Lanei
Hero archetype(s): Katana/Reflex scrapper
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Yes.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #29 on: April 19, 2004, 06:40:31 AM

Hero name(s):Dark Dryad & Lunar Wind
Hero archetype(s): Scrapper/ Dark & Empathy / Dark def
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? yup

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Leaddore

Email
Reply #30 on: April 19, 2004, 07:00:47 PM

Hero name(s): Leaddore, Gamolin
Hero archetype(s): Magic Blaster Fire/Fire, Unsure about the second char
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? More then likely
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 11:31:14 PM

(Barring the possibility of massive hemorraging resulting from "OMG, It's Geldonyetich" syndrome...)

Hero name(s): The Nanites
Hero archetype(s): I'm still torn.  Either a Scrapper (Claws or Quills/Regeneration), Controller (Illusion or Mind/Kinetics), or a Defender (Kinetics/Energy Blast).
Can you commit to the Catass2Justice weekend? Yes.  Damn my lifeless hide.  Yes.

Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 22, 2004, 07:43:29 AM

I will be playing for sure.  And I would like to have one character in this SUPERgroup (I can't help but mentally pronounce that like Big Gay Al).  

True conversation between my wife and I:

My wife laughed histerically when I told her that is what guilds were called.  Then she calmed down and asked me, "That was hilarious, no, what are they REALLY called?".

Since then she has asked me two or three times randomly out of the blue, "Do they REALLY call them super groups?".

Finally I had to put some sense into her.  "Linda, they call them Player Associations in SWG and still freaking use /GU to speak in them."

Her response was "Yeah, and supergroup fits the genre for sure, but I just find it funny to say... supergroup".

Then I reply in my Big Gay Al voice "No, silly, they're SUPERgroups!".  

The logical response from her was, "I guess that DOES explain the tights".

"And my matching hat..."

P.S:  My wife kicks ass.

There is my totally unrelated supergroup story.

Um... And to stay on topic, I don't know what name or character I will be putting in the guild.  I will be filling up all 8 slots for sure though.  Depends on who shakes out.  I just want to reserve a slot and I will poke someone in charge when I figure things out.

Wish I knew who and how many are coming over to play CoH from my EQ/SWG guilds.  I have a bunch of 'probablys' or 'sometime after launch for sure'.

I will have to try to get them all on the victory server now I can keep secret tabs on them.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 22, 2004, 07:59:22 AM

I would like to have at least one character in bat country. The name of that character is kinda in flux right now it depends what server we go to and what I can lock down for a name. The character I have in bat country will be a controller but I am really tossing around what combo I want will either be fire/ice or earth/storm controller.

I will post the name I finally get and the archtetype and powers once I get it in and locked down.

Kaid
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 22, 2004, 08:10:07 AM

HeroName: Depends on server. Victory & Justice - The Muffin Man. All others - El Muffin Man
Hero Archtype: Tanker, Fire/Fire
C2J: Ack have to work Sunday and Monday and it's getting near crunchtime in class so I'm not sure.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Bat Country: Guidelines and Roll Call for live [update]  
Jump to: