Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Moon Knight (Disney+) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moon Knight (Disney+)  (Read 5374 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 30, 2022, 01:53:41 AM

This is definitely a show that would have been better to binge.

Good episode in execution but it stands or falls on whether what happens next pays it a off in a satisfactory way.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 30, 2022, 08:14:59 AM

Kind of interesting how Bushman has been pushed off to the side--not sure if that's because they're saving him for more Moon Knight later or because they just think he's not very interesting per se.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 30, 2022, 09:14:27 AM

If the internet is to be believed nobody is under contract for more Moon Knight. So given the care Disney has gone to wrt other contracts, seems unlikely they are planning any more.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 30, 2022, 09:54:57 AM

If the internet is to be believed nobody is under contract for more Moon Knight. So given the care Disney has gone to wrt other contracts, seems unlikely they are planning any more.

Yeah I think Oscar Isaacs himself has commented on that being a reason he accepted.

I am the .00000001428%
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 07, 2022, 05:14:36 PM

I finally went back and gave this another go. Episode 1 is definitely not good (non-comic reader perspective). It's tedious and meanders. The rest of this season surprised me as I binged it over 2 days. It's better than I thought and TBH, wouldn't hate another seasonn. But I'm also happy where it ended.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 08, 2022, 09:00:54 AM

I'd go for a season of Hippo-God-Dame.

Not fussed about more Moon Knight if I'm honest.

I enjoyed this but didn't particularly leave me thinking I want to see more of it.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 08, 2022, 09:34:42 AM

I liked the Layla character. She might struggle to find a good moniker. "Mighty Water-Pig"? "Hippo Warrior?"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #42 on: May 08, 2022, 10:31:33 AM

I'm sure the goddess of fertility would be welcome on many superhero teams  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 08, 2022, 01:34:41 PM

"Sex Goddess", there we go.
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: May 08, 2022, 03:19:07 PM

medium horseshit

felt like a netflix marvel show

director is proud it doesn't feel like an mcu product

seems to have forgotten we watch these because they're mcu products
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 08, 2022, 05:51:11 PM

It really did feel like a Netflix show, bad and good. Including being an episode too long.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #46 on: May 09, 2022, 07:05:58 AM

director is proud it doesn't feel like an mcu product

seems to have forgotten we watch these because they're mcu products
Bingo. Read an article talking about how proud they were when they stripped out the intro and outro that had MCU connections. Apparently doesn't understand why the ABC/Netflix stuff struggled, though I think this stuff is better than all but a handful of the Netflix stuff (S1 DD/Cage).

I don't mind it being a limited run, as that fits the Marvel comics formula. I'm pretty sure we'll see a new Moon Knight at some point.

The main problem with the current phase of the MCU is some really odd director choices that aren't working out very well. My solution is just to have Taika Waititi direct everything.
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: May 09, 2022, 11:34:20 AM

My solution is just to have Taika Waititi direct everything.

literally anybody is better than sam raimi

i'd take paul ws anderson over another raimi movie
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 09, 2022, 12:10:44 PM

Turns out she has an official name: "Scarlet Scarab".

I didn't see anything red on her costume though.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #49 on: May 10, 2022, 06:28:16 AM

Eventually it's inevitable that we'll get a Lars Von Trier film featuring Shia LeBoeuf's actual dick, but let's not rush to get there.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #50 on: May 15, 2022, 05:35:47 PM

Scarlet Scarab is based on a really minor Marvel character that her father was named after. Her costume was supposed to be evocative of Isis, but Isis is too serious and they felt that pairing serious Laylah with Isis would’ve been redundant.

That said, I love everything about her character, from the Rachel Weiss, “Mummy” vibes to the badassery of the costume and powers.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: May 15, 2022, 05:53:25 PM

Eventually it's inevitable that we'll get a Lars Von Trier film featuring Shia LeBoeuf's actual dick, but let's not rush to get there.

silver surfer

i'm in
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Moon Knight (Disney+)  
Jump to: