Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness  (Read 17965 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #175 on: September 21, 2022, 03:07:00 PM

not sure what i think about this movie. there's just no MCU payoff. the things that happen mostly I hope wont be referenced anywhere going forward because its all just sort of whack? the movie on its own was ok? kinda fun. but i would have been crazy annoyed had a braved covid and saw this in theater at release. if it wanted to be a horror movie or a comedy it could have leaned into those directions. instead it felt like the movie itself wasn't sure what it was meant to be, played it safe, tried to please everyone everyway and just fizzled along the way. Wanda was good I guess? Sadly she suffers from Capt Marvel power issues where the movie people themselves seem unclear wtf she can or can't do so all their fights are sort of weak on the fight choreography cleverness side for me.

All the illuminati people/things felt really lame.

Def felt like the first marvel movie made much more for zoomer sensibilities maybe? when i think of it that way all my discomfort with it that i can't quite square suddenly makes sense. People do pretty funny/cool/interesting things on tik tok but im still left sort of annoyed and cold by anything on tik tok. idk. get off my lawn or something.

No fucking shot IM2 is worse than this though. Fucking high as balls take. Put some respect on the Stark Expo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:08:42 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #176 on: September 22, 2022, 06:09:21 AM

Iron Man 2 has Sam and Mickey being fucking awesome. Fuck the haters.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #177 on: September 22, 2022, 07:48:58 AM

there's just no MCU payoff.

Phase E of the cinematic universe is at steak!   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: September 22, 2022, 12:58:36 PM

Iron Man 2 has Sam and Mickey being fucking awesome. Fuck the haters.

The only MCU movie worse than Iron Man 2 is Thor 2. Though I haven't seen the Eternals and I hear it's pretty terrible. Mickey and Sam are awesome in the movie. But they're not enough to save it by themselves.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: September 22, 2022, 01:05:16 PM

Thor 2 and Eternals are definitely worse than IM2.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: September 22, 2022, 03:44:21 PM

The only MCU movie worse than Iron Man 2 is Thor 2. Though I haven't seen the Eternals and I hear it's pretty terrible. Mickey and Sam are awesome in the movie. But they're not enough to save it by themselves.

The problem with eternals is that it really should not have been a movie.  It should have been a 12 episode series or something where they would have had way more time to work on character intro / building / exposition etc.  It should have been done as a Loki style character driven backdrop to expand the universe / introduce the characters.  It fails as a movie because 2 hours just isn't enough time to cram that many brand new characters into AND make you really care about them AND have a "big event" happen all at the same time.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: October 23, 2022, 10:40:17 PM

This movie was uninteresting.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: October 23, 2022, 10:40:43 PM

I'm old and can't use the edit button.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness  
Jump to: