Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:44:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Problem with Jon Stewart 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Problem with Jon Stewart  (Read 1458 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: October 09, 2021, 02:33:05 PM

John Stewart's back with basically the investigative piece of the Daily Show, but seems to be with a purpose of raising awareness to certain topics. Caught the first episode and it was all about the harm caused by gases from military burn pits.

Still Jon Stewart... but if it gets too preachy I might not watch the rest

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 07:27:50 AM

The show doesn't seem very interesting.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 08:12:51 AM

Feels like John Oliver has that format covered pretty well.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 12:56:05 PM

i'm sure someone here has real faith in the first responders of 9/11 but as I said in discord, stewarts little pet projects are all fuckin boring

go back to being a scathing pundit my dude, it's where we need you
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 01:02:50 PM

His projects seem calculated to burnish his "I am a sensible enlightened centrist dude who all of America should actually like" thing--"look at me! the patriotism! can you see it?"  Feels like it might not be too long before he's calling for warning labels on video games etc.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 11:18:40 AM

The show doesn't seem very interesting.

Its been pretty damn amazing to me.  Without getting too steeped in politics here, I think who you are and the political leanings you have really color how you view this show.  To be clear he isn't as funny or entertaining as he was on the daily show.  However his interviews have been more hard hitting and substantive then I remember any of his old shows being.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Problem with Jon Stewart  
Jump to: