Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Lost Ark 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost Ark  (Read 22718 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 28, 2022, 03:36:18 PM

debating between Lancer / Bard with maybe gunner as a distant 3rd for my second toon.   Wardancer is decent, but still not sold on mele combat in boss fights.  Figure Bard would be in stupid high demand down the road for difficult content.

Anyone got any kind of list on the unreleased classes that Korean has?  I know it's really easy to make alts in this game due to Power Pass/Knowledge transfer, but I hear there are some pretty neat new classes in KR that might be worth saving the quick access pass for.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #141 on: February 28, 2022, 04:12:17 PM

Not a list, but a good video at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmMnOiYbko

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: February 28, 2022, 10:52:55 PM

is there any point in buying / crafting the Tier 1 Epic / Legendary sets and honing them up? Or just take your initial blue shit right through to T2 stuff?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #143 on: February 28, 2022, 11:18:44 PM

Honing the legendary gear is optional. You can hone the blue stuff that starts 302 to +15 (should be at 600 at that point) to get to the start Tier 2.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: March 01, 2022, 12:27:31 AM

I have only recently noticed the AByssal Crafter witth the Epic sets. It is worth it to transfer your Blue weapons honing to the Epic sets because they provide an insane +10% Damage and +8 Attack Speed. You pay with coins from two AByssal dungeons which are not used for anything else, so yes do it.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: March 01, 2022, 03:01:11 PM

Think I have most of the basics figured out now.

Almost at 460 with 2 pieces of the Epic crafted set, most processes seem fairly straight forward.   Still trying to figure out a good build for my Wardancer, but I think I have a fair handle on the Honing / Dungeons / World Events / Sailing stuff now.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 05, 2022, 04:50:29 PM

You know what I like about this game? I can't work out the currencies, can't work out how to get the blue gems for the skins in the shop... and therefore have no idea how to spend money on this game :D

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: March 06, 2022, 03:34:04 AM

I am telling you, it's demented. And eventually what will mark the end of my time with the game, which is getting nearer and nearer. To keep progressing you need "gold", which can be farmed in minor quantities capped daily, or bought for real money. Since you need gold to keep progressing in the game (item level) and your progress can literally fail and burn gold when you try to increase your item level through the only way, which is enhancing, you could work for a day, do your dailies, earn a little bit of gold, try your enhancing, fail it, and poof your gold is gone and you literally "worked" for a day for nothing.  Fuck them.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 06, 2022, 01:15:49 PM

I don't see how this is more bullshit than stone faceting.  In fact it might be less bullshit.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #149 on: March 06, 2022, 02:33:34 PM

You know what I like about this game? I can't work out the currencies, can't work out how to get the blue gems for the skins in the shop... and therefore have no idea how to spend money on this game :D
You asked about this before and I replied back then. So if you do want to know how this works you can read it here:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=26279.msg1564405#msg1564405
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #150 on: March 06, 2022, 09:38:49 PM

don't spend money. Buy the one-time chest thing, that's super good value. Besides that just don't spend real $$$ on honing mats as you'll feel entitled to get good results but it'll still be a dice roll.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: March 07, 2022, 12:06:09 AM

Have to agree with you there. Every now and then, frustration, or the excitement of a new build, or some cool shit held hostage behind a cash donation, causes me to spend something on a game. But I opened up this shop, couldn't decypher a thing, and closed it knowing they aren't getting a penny out of me. Not even out of pique. Out of pure confusion as to what the fuck I was looking at.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: March 07, 2022, 02:44:05 AM

You asked about this before and I replied back then. So if you do want to know how this works you can read it here:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=26279.msg1564405#msg1564405

I saw that post thanks - my post was a tad tongue in cheek. If I could pay $$ for skins, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But it just feels counter intuitive to do the conversion etc. It's just easier not to buy things. I keep looking for ways to repay a games dev for a game I enjoy, Warframe is a perfect example of this.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #153 on: March 07, 2022, 07:52:17 AM

Warframe works basically the same way, if you ignore Tennogen on Steam for PC. You buy the premium in-game currency Platinum with real-world money and use Platinum to buy certain things in the game and in-game store items including skins.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: March 07, 2022, 11:41:29 AM

Warframe works basically the same way, if you ignore Tennogen on Steam for PC. You buy the premium in-game currency Platinum with real-world money and use Platinum to buy certain things in the game and in-game store items including skins.

I either sell items to get plat in game or buy a prime package. Then I make the plat from that tide me over. I could grind for the frames, but don't hate the donations to the devs to keep the game going. Plat is the universal currency (excluding tennogen)

In LA, its buy convert, convert to something else etc. It's convoluted. Having said that, I did buy the founders pack. Financially, that was straightforward.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: March 08, 2022, 12:17:11 AM

Destroyer class coming in April. Arcanist class coming in May.

Amazon shared a roadmap for the next few months, which shows a lot of new stuff coming, but they had to remove it a few hours later for unknown reasons.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/lost-ark-roadmap-leaks-early-pulled-for-adjustments

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #156 on: March 08, 2022, 02:08:14 PM

Destroyer is a retarded pos class so shame they opted to put him first of all the mia ones. Arcane is stylish and cool though completely overshadowed by Sorc I fear.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: March 08, 2022, 02:38:27 PM

The only one I am looking forward to actually play is the Painter (Artist?). I really like the look of those paint brush attacks.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: March 10, 2022, 02:02:43 PM

is there any point in buying / crafting the Tier 1 Epic / Legendary sets and honing them up? Or just take your initial blue shit right through to T2 stuff?

You get 302 gear from Chaos Dungeon/Quest once you ding 50.
You hone every piece up to +15 and then you unlock Tier 2.
Do whatever zone needed to unlock new tier.
Transfer the +15 item to the new blues you get for a free +1.

Don't hone over +15.

Also doing Abyssal Dungeons gets you currency for Blue>Purple>Legendary gear. It's just more stats. You don't need it, but it's pretty cheap. Once you buy them, transfer over your previous state to keep the honing level.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: March 10, 2022, 02:05:03 PM

I am telling you, it's demented. And eventually what will mark the end of my time with the game, which is getting nearer and nearer. To keep progressing you need "gold", which can be farmed in minor quantities capped daily, or bought for real money. Since you need gold to keep progressing in the game (item level) and your progress can literally fail and burn gold when you try to increase your item level through the only way, which is enhancing, you could work for a day, do your dailies, earn a little bit of gold, try your enhancing, fail it, and poof your gold is gone and you literally "worked" for a day for nothing.  Fuck them.

I'm 2ish upgrades from 1340 and I haven't spent anything on the game outside of a founders pack. It just takes time. Best way to do it is just level up an army of alts to the same tier as your main so you can feed them mats from Chaos Dungeons and GRs. Sell the leapstones from the GRs on the market for a ton of gold if you want.

Do Rifts and sell the mats
Do Treasure Maps in groups of 4 (everyone has one) and you get a shit ton of mats that you can either use or sell.

The game is also missing quite a few systems that are in KR/RU that help with additional mats with weekly resets.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: March 10, 2022, 02:06:22 PM

I don't see how this is more bullshit than stone faceting.  In fact it might be less bullshit.

You can't fail down levels. Items don't break on a random chance. Much less bullshit which I'm happy with. Plenty of collections and shit to do in this game.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 11, 2022, 06:56:38 AM

Yeah.  Which you need a 3rd party website to locate.  That's also "fun".
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #162 on: March 12, 2022, 08:54:14 AM

Just bothered to do the first adventurer tome for skill point zone, easiest (50%) one in Shushire. I got there at the start of the 3rd zone, did not take long, had to be there anyways for the Shushire MSQ on an alt.

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/shushire-adventure-tome

Use this, its not that bad. I don't even have dual monitor setup.  Heartbreak

How are people enjoying pvp on the classes they have tried? What seems strong/bad? So far I just can't handle how Sorc gets to cast so fast, its completely bullshit oh and let's give them the best dash seemingly? The fuck? Everything else seems fine. The tornado skill of one of the MA classes is annoying but its all down to player skill. Except sorc players they are fucking drooling morons.

Trying to enjoy it before Destroyer comes out, the most retarded unga bunga class design in Lost Ark.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 08:56:19 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 13, 2022, 01:31:59 AM

I really don't play MMOs for PvP. Destint 2 when the fuckjng game forces me to ... and that's it.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: March 13, 2022, 06:24:29 AM

I have a Gunslinger and a Scrapper for PvP and I play it a lot. But I am terrible, no actually I am TERRIBLE at mouse movement and so I have never been this bad at any PvP game ever. So in short, I can't comment on any class as the only sure thing here is that I am the worst player in every match. I'll keep trying though.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 13, 2022, 09:58:08 AM

So?

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: March 13, 2022, 12:08:27 PM

So?

An integral part of the game requires you to have a third party website up to locate items that would be, at best, very difficult to find.  We're talking having to walk the entire perimeter of every zone, testing for walk through walls/rocks, destructible rocks, and hoverable clickables.

I don't see how that is fun or immersive at all.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 13, 2022, 12:39:57 PM

So?

An integral part of the game requires you to have a third party website up to locate items that would be, at best, very difficult to find.  We're talking having to walk the entire perimeter of every zone, testing for walk through walls/rocks, destructible rocks, and hoverable clickables.

You never used a strategy guide for a game?
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: March 13, 2022, 02:14:17 PM

My general approach to games is to play them as unspoiled as possible, and look at guides for things I am stuck on.

Which is a far cry from "I had been through Proudholme 3x and found almost none of the adventure tome items in it."
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: March 13, 2022, 02:23:30 PM

Wait till you get to the T2 zones and half the Moko seeds are locked behind Song and Virtue gates.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: March 13, 2022, 02:26:35 PM

Is there much functional difference between the Deadeye and Gunsligner (male and female versions)?

Thinking of giving one of them a spin as an alt, but not sure which to pick.

I believe the male one has the Class Inscription that basically locks you to just the pistol, while the Female one is more stance dancey, but are they roughly similar in overall performance?

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: March 13, 2022, 02:51:27 PM

Wait till you get to the T2 zones and half the Moko seeds are locked behind Song and Virtue gates.
That's actually a thing in the first zone/continent.  There's at least 2-3 seeds locked behind songs.  One of vines, one of discovery, IIRC.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #172 on: March 13, 2022, 03:36:18 PM

Is there much functional difference between the Deadeye and Gunsligner (male and female versions)?

Thinking of giving one of them a spin as an alt, but not sure which to pick.

I believe the male one has the Class Inscription that basically locks you to just the pistol, while the Female one is more stance dancey, but are they roughly similar in overall performance?
Deadeye the best non-pistol weapon is the shotgun. For Gunslinger it’s the rifle, For positional DPS engraving Deadeye is back attack while Gunslinger is “side” attack (not front or back). Basically Deadeye is harder to play cause they need to be closer if going for shotgun build and require more positioning (back is harder than side). In Korea Deadeye is basically the least popular class while Gunslinger is 2nd behind Bard.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: March 14, 2022, 02:08:11 PM

This could be a spoiler but it deserves to be seen.

At some point in the story, you are presented with a bit of a Dwarf Musical, and your character takes part (unfortunately it's hard to tell in this Youtube video which one is the player character).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1nXKgBb1CA

I have actually watched it in Korean during my play time, and it was even better.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: March 14, 2022, 02:39:14 PM

After this dwarf musical, before/during/after which the smith is talking about the awesome weapon he's creating for you... there is no weapon.  You didn't do something wrong.  The game didn't bug out.  Maybe at some point you got a weapon, but not any more.

Also, once you complete Yorn (where the musical takes place) and if you've gotten your stronghold to lvl 22ish, you can research two things which make honing on alts WAY easier (+20% chance of success, -20% honing cost).  Try to wait on ginding up your alts till then
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Lost Ark  
Jump to: