Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Fraudulent Charges - $81.88 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fraudulent Charges - $81.88  (Read 4028 times)
Father mike
Terracotta Army

on: December 17, 2020, 11:17:20 AM

I've been hit with fraudulent charges Steam for $81.88 twice this week.  My wife's credit card got hit for three separate charges on Monday, and my card got hit today for two separate charges today.

The bank's fraud system caught the purchase on my wife's card.  Since my card had been used to make legitimate Steam purchases in the past, the transaction sailed thru -- I only caught it when I looked at the bank statement.

Check your records.  All five transactions were for $81.88

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 01:55:17 AM

Thought the thread title was for a new game.  I was like "meh, it could be interesting".

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 04:33:11 AM

I've been hit with fraudulent charges Steam for $81.88 twice this week.  My wife's credit card got hit for three separate charges on Monday, and my card got hit today for two separate charges today.

The bank's fraud system caught the purchase on my wife's card.  Since my card had been used to make legitimate Steam purchases in the past, the transaction sailed thru -- I only caught it when I looked at the bank statement.

Check your records.  All five transactions were for $81.88

Sounds like you've got spyware or a hacker in your system. Two different cards having similar activity at once? Suggests the same entity possesses the full details of both your cards (name, number, CVV, where you live). And, just saying, the number 8 is lucky in Chinese culture.... $81.88 is a fortunate-looking number.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 07:54:42 AM

Every year or so I'll have a credit card number stolen and then the bank catches it when someone buy dick pills in Estonia or pays a utility bill in Baltimore.  Then about a month later, I get a notice that some merchant got hacked and I'm eligible for a free year of credit monitoring.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Fraudulent Charges - $81.88  
Jump to: