Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Wars 2 Third Expansion announced "End of Dragons" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Third Expansion announced "End of Dragons"  (Read 15382 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

on: August 26, 2020, 08:14:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBD807HxU2w

The Dragon in the video is Kuunavang, a Saltspray Dragon who had a big role in Guild Wars : factions. So, basically, we are all headed to Cantha.

Will be out Next Year. No further info available

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:36:08 AM

Gameplay features trailer. Out Feb 28th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUpAxUcCpyg

Nothing that makes me go "Wow" honestly. The Turtle Mount needs 2 people to operate it, so friendless gits like me are out of luck.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:56:16 PM

Gameplay features trailer. Out Feb 28th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUpAxUcCpyg

Nothing that makes me go "Wow" honestly. The Turtle Mount needs 2 people to operate it, so friendless gits like me are out of luck.

I haven't touched this game since the thorns expansion, where I lost track of how to play and what the plot was. Having said that, I've preordered and am looking forward to this in a nostalgic way.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 03:11:35 AM

Same, I preordered and have been playing it casually over the last few months (just going through the living story parts and the icebrood saga, checking out the new maps, etc). It's been enjoyable in small doses, it's kinda the MMO version of comfort food.

Also, I hope they got some of those amazingly terrible GW1 voice actors back for Cantha (Danika fan club represent!)

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 02:59:54 PM

End of Dragons deplopued a couple of hours ago. I'm currently playing "Downloading a load of files." Update speed seems pretty good.

Hic sunt dracones.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 07:37:54 PM

deplopued
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 02:03:59 AM

Yes. And?

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 07:28:19 AM

Ok, basically I have positive impressions of pretty much all the expansion. New zones are very pretty, music is great, plenty to do. I haven't tried any of the new elite specializations yet, so no comment. Its been a fairly painless expansion, with very few crashes, and whose that have happened I've logged back in and not lost much.

One of the big letdowns is the big fight against the big boss of the final map. To put it mildly, the fight is an otter mess. Most groups who try it fail. I've seem people complain they have done it 15-20 times and failed. The big problem is that the phases are randomly ordered, and in most of the phases the Dragon takes little to no damage. Particulerly egregious is the phase where youa re supposed to shoot the dragons tail, which means charging to the other side of the play area and trying to hit it, and if you dont it casts spells and vasishes only to pop up somewhere else, Its not obvious that it happens. and you ger no damage on the dragons main health for doing it.

There's other things as well, but it boils down to the fact that even on maps which are perfectly organized with high deeps and high boon generation, it's complete luck whether you can actually kill the dragon in time or not. Unorganized maps have done it when they got a string of burn phases in a row. Its not just "get gud" it's the fact that the thing can be impossible even if you do are gud. ANd this Meta takes a good hour of your life to do.

What is irking a lot of people is that you have to succeed in this meta to begin the collection to get the Turtle mount, and the Turtle mount was heavily promoted in the buildup to the Release of End of Dragons. In short, people feel screwed out of something they by an impossible meta. Personally I don't care about the Turtle much but it would be nice to actually finish the Meta.

By contrast, the final fight of the single player story is an absolute blast, and I loved every minute of it. The rest of the story is probably a solid 7/10. Voice acting is pretty great too.

So, ya, I would probably stay away from the Meta in Dragon's end unless you like being frustrated. It needs a major overhaul. The phase going up to the final fight is pretty fun, but the actual final fight is "oh God."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 07:37:00 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 05:32:24 PM

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/109542-upcoming-changes-to-the-battle-for-the-jade-sea/?do=findComment&comment=1594553

Hi all,

Last week we made some changes to the final encounter of the Jade Sea meta event to help improve the accessibility of the fight, and we’re happy to see that the rate of successful event completions continues to rise each day. We’ve kept a close eye on the community discussion after those updates were made, and today we have two more changes that we’d like to discuss.

First, effective immediately, we’ve reduced the frequency at which the Jade Sea Final Boss activates their 'Tail' by about ~50%. This will give players longer windows to deal damage to the boss and contend with the various other mechanics of the encounter. To be clear, this change does not require a game build to take effect.

Second, in the March 15 update, we’ll be providing players with an alternate path for acquiring the Siege Turtle Egg, which unlocks the collection required for the Siege Turtle mount. We’ll be adding a new vendor to the Jade Sea map that will sell the Siege Turtle Egg at the cost of 200 Writs of the Jade Sea. The Siege Turtle Egg will continue to be awarded to players that successfully complete the “Battle for Jade Sea” meta event, so players will have the choice to unlock the collection via a challenging meta encounter or through time investment.

We’re looking forward to seeing how today’s “tail” adjustment plays out, and we’ll continue to iterate on the fight until it achieves our goal of being a challenging yet doable encounter for most of our players. Achieving that goal will require continued attention from us, and some patience and learning from our players. This situation feels not too dissimilar to the release of Tequatl, Triple Trouble, or Dragon Stand, all of which are popular encounters in Guild Wars 2 to this day.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

We'll see you in-game,

I dont know where they are seeing rise in completions. Maybe because less people are doing it so the proportion of successful completions by orginised maps is going up. *shrug*

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Wars 2 Third Expansion announced "End of Dragons"  
Jump to: