Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fallout 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout  (Read 4193 times)
slog
Terracotta Army

on: July 02, 2020, 12:47:38 PM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 01:36:44 PM

Nope.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 04:37:16 PM

Nope.

Big yes from me, the setting is great and should work in a TV format.

I am the .00000001428%
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 08:27:10 PM

Yeah, it really could work, but I'll still keep my expectations low.  The games are pretty episodic already.  I'd love to see them go the Fargo route and make each season about a different survivor/time period/vault.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:07:24 AM

Any connection with that Fallout Nuka Break webseries?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 07:05:49 AM

Yeah, it really could work, but I'll still keep my expectations low.  The games are pretty episodic already.  I'd love to see them go the Fargo route and make each season about a different survivor/time period/vault.
I agree. I highly doubt it will be good, so I'm not going to watch it until there's a whole season that doesn't suck available.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 07:46:46 AM

The basic arc of "leave the Vault, discover what the world's really like, end up in a ramshackle town that the Wanderer defends/helps" probably works well enough. Gonna have to figure out how to get the mix of humor and grimness right--this won't work at all if it's a standard totally grimdark post-apocalypse.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 12:55:25 PM

Whatever problems it had, Firefly would be the perfect tone for a Fallout series with a light smattering of audience nods. I'm not sure how you get bottle caps as currency without it looking kind of dumb though.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 01:35:37 PM

Firefly had no problems, fight me.

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 01:45:43 PM

Nah you are right. It's FOX that ran the episodes out of order.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 03:39:53 AM

Firefly had no problems, fight me.

This is self evidently true. Nobody needs to fight anybody.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 06:23:19 AM

I remember not liking it the first time I saw it because I'd been so irritated with Space: Above and Beyond about six years earlier, which was just a lazy attempt to do a World War II series that was made to seem fresh just by making it space and aliens. So the first episode of Firefly I saw I was like "if you wanna do a Western, just do a Western, don't gussy it up with laser pistols".

Then I gave it another chance and I was like "oh wait, this is actually good, never mind".
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 09:33:26 AM

I remember not liking it the first time I saw it because I'd been so irritated with Space: Above and Beyond about six years earlier, which was just a lazy attempt to do a World War II series that was made to seem fresh just by making it space and aliens. So the first episode of Firefly I saw I was like "if you wanna do a Western, just do a Western, don't gussy it up with laser pistols".

Then I gave it another chance and I was like "oh wait, this is actually good, never mind".

I adore Space Above and Beyond. It's another series screwed by Fox sadly.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fallout  
Jump to: