Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars Squadrons - Xwing Vs Tie Fighter plus 24 years maybe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Squadrons - Xwing Vs Tie Fighter plus 24 years maybe  (Read 13974 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 07:03:40 AM

What's the "Privateer mode"?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 07:08:37 AM

You uninstall it and open Rebel Galaxy Outlaw instead
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 03:29:00 PM

Is that any good then? Write ups on it are mixed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #38 on: October 11, 2020, 06:07:42 PM

I'm so confused is this a good dogfight game you can play without going full HOTAS/VR that has some kind of not dogshit online comp play or not?

I read the thread I don't get what this is. Am I supposed to just play a SP campaign? Is it already dead? wth

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #39 on: October 11, 2020, 07:45:21 PM

Is that any good then? Write ups on it are mixed.

I would contend (and write a thorough review for you all on that basis) that it is a really, really great product with a lot of great heart and passion behind it and it shows, and I have to commend the handful of people who made it.

I think of it as the anti star citizen: a game with a neat and tidy scope that knew exactly what kind of experience it wanted to provide, what it was NOT going to be, and how to be memorable at its existing scale. And then it fucking did it and tossed all the goodies out the door and said "have fun! The soundtrack is like a hundred hours long and oh we also included a complete ship paintwork design studio for free go nuts"

I joke about uninstalling squadrons but it is actually to squadrons' peril that i got to kick back and enjoy RGO first, because they simply provided a more indulgent experience
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #40 on: October 11, 2020, 08:10:25 PM

It’s good, it’s fun. The single player story is an interesting twist.

I’m still getting ROFLstomped by people who are obviously rocking HOTAS setups and just fucking up everyone in their path.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 11, 2020, 10:33:20 PM

I ended up returning it without putting any time into it, but that is simply in hopes that they fix the locked framerate issue in VR.  Otherwise looked fun as hell.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 12, 2020, 03:46:25 AM

I'm so confused is this a good dogfight game you can play without going full HOTAS/VR that has some kind of not dogshit online comp play or not?

I read the thread I don't get what this is. Am I supposed to just play a SP campaign? Is it already dead? wth

It is a remake of Xwing vs Tie Fighter only with console UI and mission pacing, and with ships all balanced 1v1 rather than simulating the Ip.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 01, 2020, 01:56:06 PM

This has been growing on me a bit since a few us started playing more regularly as a group.

Just having a team that will try to focus fire and someone flying a u wing/reaper does make it more fun.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 07, 2020, 07:26:48 AM

Looks like they finally fixed the PC issue that locked the FPS outside the cockpit at 60 frame, making it unplayable in VR.  So I picked it up again, and yeah, much, much better now and runs well enough for a good experience.  I would like a bit more sharpness and would prefer a better AA option, but good enough.  Making a run on a Star Destroyer in VR is something.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #45 on: November 22, 2020, 07:46:04 PM

so what's this i hear about them adding a b-wing for the rebels and "yet another tie fighter, only obviously more ridiculous" for the empire
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 23, 2020, 11:11:12 AM

Tie defender is in 'TIE Fighter' second only in headcanon status to the original trilogy. I want to know where my Alpha Class Gunboat is dammit.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #47 on: November 27, 2020, 06:30:19 AM

This is on Black Friday sale on the Playstation digital store for $24. FYI.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars Squadrons - Xwing Vs Tie Fighter plus 24 years maybe  
Jump to: