Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: RimWorld 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RimWorld  (Read 7980 times)
Meester
Terracotta Army

on: April 12, 2020, 10:53:26 AM

Got it recently, has just had an expnasion, have been playing for endless hours trying to commit crimes against humanity.

Launch trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDrxOASUog

Royalty expansion trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5_XpQ-uJk

Tons of mods, I recommend bad hygiene [because how can we live in a world without toilets?].

Now Im off to continue my efforts to clone my dead brother and use his genes to basically be the fuel, fire and foundation of society.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 01:12:54 PM

Review, talking about how you can slowly torture pirates to death, and farm your colonists for organs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdAjXDDQPJ0

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 09:31:01 PM

RimWorld 1.2 is out, this means lots of mods are broken until they get updated though some are OK. Luckily you can rollback to the previous version which is what I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNvMWicpizU
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 08:00:08 PM

Rimworld new update 1.3 and a new Ideology dlc coming out just in case you want to be a religious extremist or hippy.

I thought: What if we made a system that lets players explicitly express all those different ways of life?
That’s what we’ve spent the last 15 months working on with Ideology. This expansion lets you create a new belief system and act it out in your colony. You can play as tree-worshipping cannibals who carve skulls into every piece of furniture, or blind tunnelers who shun the light, or transhumanists obsessed with perfecting the human form using exotic technology. Or be nudists, or drug-stupor mystics, or piratical raiders, or charity-focused givers, or pain-loving animal sacrificers, or dance-party techno ravers, or rustic ranching cowboys, or many many more.

You can mix and match different core elements of your belief system, and also customize every individual precept, ritual, special social role, venerated animal and weapon, culture and style, unique building, tattoo, clothing, background narrative, god, and beard preference.

About 1.3

There is a new pens-and-fences system for animals. Now animals are more productive, with more focused roles, but some of them need to be kept in fenced pens and led around by your trusty farmers. It gives the colony a more ‘ranchy’ look and feel, as opposed to just having random cows always wandering through bedrooms or staying in pens via mind control. You’ve also got egg boxes and a new straw matting terrain type to build true-looking farms that actually work.

There are search bars all over the interface now, so you can type in text on the architect menu, stats dialog, research menu, stockpile filter, and elsewhere to jump directly to exactly what you want. No more hunting through lists - even with lots of modded items!

The faction goodwill system has been reworked so neighbors keep a record of what you’ve done and why they feel the way they do about you. You’ll have a better idea of why exactly they want to destroy or reward you.

https://youtu.be/89smXrxb_w4
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 08:04:52 PM by Meester »
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 09:42:44 AM

Looking forward to it except I'm not looking forward to having to update all the mods etc.; RimWorld is the most mods-are-absolutely-necessary game I play regularly.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 03:08:59 PM

Looking forward to it except I'm not looking forward to having to update all the mods etc.; RimWorld is the most mods-are-absolutely-necessary game I play regularly.

True though you can rollback to 1.2 and keep playing and quite a few mods will likely not have any compatibility problems. The mod makers have updated quite a few atm too.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 09:15:09 AM

Anyone have recommendations for QOL type mods to use?  I've installed a couple that I've seen from some Let's Plays. The Steam Workshop integration is fantastic.

I just started playing. This game is going to eat my life away.

-Rasix
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 04:19:14 PM

Anyone have recommendations for QOL type mods to use?  I've installed a couple that I've seen from some Let's Plays. The Steam Workshop integration is fantastic.

I just started playing. This game is going to eat my life away.

I have more but here is a start.

This is not in load order btw.

Replace Stuff
Allow Tool
Pick Up and Haul
Jobs of Opportunity [While You're Up]
Share the Load
Realistic Rooms
Common Sense
Loading in Progress
Improved Load Transport Pods
Camera+
Cleaning Priority [Continued]
Area Inclusion and Exclusion
Reverse Commands
Keep Bed Ownership
Micro Designations
Interaction Bubbles
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:21:23 PM by Meester »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 06:10:07 AM

I was tempted to bust chops on a game using that many qol mods but then I remembered the last time I played minecraft, the modpack was approaching 300 mods  why so serious?

I tried a runthrough of Rimworld and for some reason it just didn't click and it's always bugged me about it. The little procedural stories are one of my favorite things in gaming.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 12:03:25 PM

I was tempted to bust chops on a game using that many qol mods but then I remembered the last time I played minecraft, the modpack was approaching 300 mods  why so serious?

I tried a runthrough of Rimworld and for some reason it just didn't click and it's always bugged me about it. The little procedural stories are one of my favorite things in gaming.

Im at 400 mods, not sure why my game is still running well, might be because I know about load orders and am using Rocketman.

Maybe you just don't like the top-down aspect of RimWorld? No z-levels maybe?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 12:35:32 PM

I think it may have just been learning curve + mod aversion + wrong time in my life to try this kind of game.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 08:58:39 PM

The think I don't like about it is the way the graphics float about. I like it in one way, as its clean and you can see what's going on, but I don't like the way they seem to drift. It just breaks the "realism" for me. That's the only reason It does not click for me.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 04:12:23 PM

The think I don't like about it is the way the graphics float about. I like it in one way, as its clean and you can see what's going on, but I don't like the way they seem to drift. It just breaks the "realism" for me. That's the only reason It does not click for me.

Do you mean like how the colonists don't walk around on legs? You will have to give me an example of floating.

Bear in mind there are quite a few graphical mods.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2021, 05:40:22 PM

Float. Drift. Whatever.

Its just a taste thing. If you don't have a problem with it then fine
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 04:31:00 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 07, 2021, 10:22:19 PM

I get what you're saying, and that definitely didn't click with me, either.
Rasix

Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 08:44:57 AM

This fucking game. Colony dies to a horde of manhunting labrador retrievers maddened by space rabies. I really need to develop ways of dealing with mechanoids and late game animal hordes. Both times I've died to basically the same shit.

Started a ideology play through. First time didn't go great. Early cold snap destroyed my crops, and I didn't realize that my faction hated fungus. My only doctor ended up getting brained by a tribal. Next.

Current run through is going better. I was hosting a group of refugees that decided to try to kill me. That was neat. I shouldn't have given that one dude a pistol, but we nailed them pretty quickly. They shot up my slave (hey, it's part of our ethos) pretty badly, but he made it through.

-Rasix
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 09:02:11 AM

You kind of have to have automated defenses and walls and shit in the late game.

The thing I hate most is having somebody fail a taming attempt on a big herd of goobers in the early game and then having the whole colony get wiped by a bunch of angry cows--I wish they'd stick with being mad about the one tamer and leave everybody else alone.
Rasix

Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 10:29:00 AM

You kind of have to have automated defenses and walls and shit in the late game.

The thing I hate most is having somebody fail a taming attempt on a big herd of goobers in the early game and then having the whole colony get wiped by a bunch of angry cows--I wish they'd stick with being mad about the one tamer and leave everybody else alone.

I tend to end up pretty component strapped by the time I get to that point. I guess I should rush toward fabrication? Do the encounters get tougher the farther down the tech tree you are?

-Rasix
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 24, 2021, 01:22:30 PM

I think whenever it is that you open the ancient tomb on your map, stuff starts ramping up, but it does seem tech tree dependent. Also depending on how tough your storyteller preference was.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 05:25:18 AM

One of the Storytellers has stuff getting more difficult as the game progresses.

Hic sunt dracones.
Rasix

Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 07:59:32 AM

One of the Storytellers has stuff getting more difficult as the game progresses.

Ahh, I keep selecting Cassandra Classic just out of habit and because that's what the streaming/youtube people pick. Yep, it ramps based on time and wealth.

I'm in danger. /ralphwiggum

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 09:01:05 AM

that's what the streaming/youtube people pick.
swamp poop

awesome, for real

edited to add content probably not appropriate to this thread but hey: I had this guy on my mind when reading your post: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1122897502

This is one of the 3 streamers Ubi chose to represent Rocksmith+ at Gamescom. I don't even know why someone would sit through that boring and terrible stream, let alone use it to advertise your 3rd installment of a franchise.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:09:39 AM by Sky »
Rasix

Reply #22 on: August 25, 2021, 09:39:46 AM

These games tend to be a little dense. It usually helps for me to watch someone play it. For Dwarf Fortress, I remember the Captain Duck tutorials. Guy had a wonderful accent.

Plus, I stupidly assumed that the first narrator would be the easier one. Sometimes I need to read the fucking text.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 25, 2021, 09:57:01 AM

I know, I'm tired and kinda shitposty today. Apologies  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I've watched more than my fair share of minecraft videos because some of those mods are so spergy it's literally impossible without watching someone do stuff first.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 07, 2023, 05:54:50 PM

Late I know, however a reminder that the Biotech expansion released last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSLxvHsYmk

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 08, 2023, 06:55:43 AM

It's still a lot of fun but I find that the expansions haven't changed all that much in my own play.

It's the game that I play that mods are most essential for.
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: January 09, 2023, 12:23:50 PM

Has anyone played this on the deck yet?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: RimWorld  
Jump to: