Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:14:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Battlestar Galactica again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica again  (Read 6895 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #35 on: September 22, 2019, 02:08:53 AM

it was all ripped off of Joseph Smith's scam anyways.  Was a copy of a copy of a copy. Eventually the toner just runs out.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 22, 2019, 07:33:38 AM

Its sad that already people have forgotten there WAS a TV series called "Caprica"

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 22, 2019, 07:53:40 AM

All of those are terrible.

There is no point to doing this as "oh here's some stories we forgot to tell in an underdeveloped mythos that was hugely disappointing in the end.".

No smart creator wants to stick to doing footnotes to someone else's creation. You leave that shit for the sons and grandsons of famous people who want to squeeze a bit more from the IP teat.

Maybe. Bsg from before the fall is essentially star trek.

It isn't automatically bad, but I'm not sure BSG as a setting brings anything new to that beyond saving some development time because of the preexisting art assets and easy PR.

Which isn't nothing from the studio's pov.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #38 on: September 22, 2019, 11:25:49 AM

yeah if u wanted to do that you would pick up something like B5 IP which i'd imagine would be cheaper and gives you more options with less baggage

why isn't anyone making a modern B5 adjacent show

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 22, 2019, 11:39:16 AM

They tried making 2 and they tanked.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #40 on: September 22, 2019, 02:02:16 PM

why isn't anyone making a modern B5 adjacent show

Two reasons: 1) Warner Bros. owns the property and are fucking morons and 2) JMS would have to be involved and I think most his output post-B5 showed that he blew his wad on the original show. Also, most of the great original actors are dead.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 22, 2019, 03:10:29 PM

B5 was a great universe but JMS could create a very similar show with different aliens and different Earth history and own the rights by himself.  It's not like we can get the original B5 crew back, too many have passed away.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 22, 2019, 03:18:05 PM

B5 was at its best when JMS did far too much and nearly killed himself.  Given his failing health - and the basence of his creative muse, Harlan Ellison, I would not expect he'd survive another attempt at doing a show like B5, or that it would be as great if he did.  He is on my short list of people I'd actually love to meet and than for the entertainment they produced, but I don't have any hope I'll ever see something from him that matches B5.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 05:46:17 AM

Totally derailed from BSG now, but since we're talking about JMS now, I just have to post this interview.

https://interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/j-michael-straczynski?clip=31442#interview-clips

The other interviews on the site are pretty damn amazing, as well

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Battlestar Galactica again  
Jump to: