Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Snowpiercer (TBS, Netflix outside US) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snowpiercer (TBS, Netflix outside US)  (Read 3270 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:46 PM

Trailer for flawed-looking TV series version of the excellent movie, due 2020. Story looks the same. But it's already been renewed for a second season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFMpmwn_hQ
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 11:23:42 PM

oooh a tv show of the sequel to willy wonka
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 05:52:21 AM

The best movie night ever.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:52:25 AM

oooh a tv show of the sequel to willy wonka

I see we watch the same Youtube videos! I love that theory. It's silly but sort of makes sense in a bizarre way.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 07:55:32 AM

It's the best fan theory I've ever seen.

edit:  (which I know is damning with faintest praise, but still)

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 04:41:47 AM

Rise. I can somewhat understand how this may not have been on the radar, and season one was a bit rough, but they've really found their stride in season 2. Sean Bean going full megalomaniacal despot is a treat, and the scheming is top notch.

Binge this over the next two weeks if you haven't watched it yet. Season finale of S2 goes out on the 29th.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 03:45:05 PM

Rise. I can somewhat understand how this may not have been on the radar, and season one was a bit rough, but they've really found their stride in season 2. Sean Bean going full megalomaniacal despot is a treat, and the scheming is top notch.

Binge this over the next two weeks if you haven't watched it yet. Season finale of S2 goes out on the 29th.

Agree. I've been hooked on this weekly. You don't need to have watched season 1 (I haven't) to start season 2, especially if you've seen the movie. You'll learn the twist ending to season 1 in the first episode of season 2 and be able to start there.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:55 PM

I see adverts for this all the time and wouldn't mind watching, but do you need a sub to go back to binge S1/S2 or is it all on demand via your cable/satellite subscription?

Besides, Sean Bean just sells it plus ultra for me.  Heart

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 01:58:12 AM

On my YouTubeTV, it appears that some episodes are available on-demand from S1. All of S2 is available currently.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 04:01:54 PM

Just waiting for the last 2 episodes to release on Netflix next week. I decided to watch the movie and was sadly disappointed with it compared to the TV series. It was just... slow.

Weirdly, my favourite character in the TV series is Ruth. If ever any character was on a journey, she is it!.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 03:31:16 PM

TNT decided to upload the first hour of the season finale to VOD. Watching now!

Edit: And watched.

... Ruth. If ever any character was on a journey, she is it!.

Fucking understatement right here, as this episode just demonstrated.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:31:50 PM by luckton »

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 08:36:04 PM

I enjoyed the last two episodes. I thought the beginning of the final episode was masterfully put together.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Snowpiercer (TBS, Netflix outside US)  
Jump to: