Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Eve Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 51202 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 08, 2020, 05:26:04 AM

Both sides claimed victory. Goons destroyed the keepstar before it deployed - it is MUCH easier though perhaps just as slow at 10% time dilation to kill it beforehand with subcaps than supercaps afterwards. PAPI caused 1+trillion in destroyed ships in response.  

Strategically stopping them putting a base down in Delve probably hurts them more, as TEST is losing space in their home systems while this is all going on. It is unknown how long Goonswarm can keep paying for losing so much ships every other day.

PAPI has not yet tried a third station, so has paused to regroup and rethink their plan of attack. They have not yet attempted to attack a fully armed and operational battlestation as yet- they are clearly worried about doing it and don't want to risk their supercap fleet yet.  Goonswarm dosn't want to risk it either, which is why it's putting so much effort into destroying them before they finish building.

It's pretty much the Battle of Endor..sorta. The rebel's spent 8 hours throwing small bombers, ratting ships(!) and capital ships at the Death Star (that IS non-operational) while the Imperial Fleet shot them down...but not enough stop the DPS over 8 hours to fall enough to allow the station to complete building. If the defenders had stopped JUST enough bombers from getting in with their bombs...it might have been enough.

Without tidi the battle actually lasted about 15 minutes. There were 6500 pilots in system.

Video sped up of the last 2 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KValHPyGIU8&feature=emb_logo

Also a good AAR

After Action Hangover Report FWST – 8 Random Bastion Bro

So how about that that fight space nerds? Assume -9 GMT time zones. (DT is at 3am.) I name drop people who I’ve never talked to and think I’m an idiot. No Hamsters were harmed in the writing of this report.

On Sunday night, after about 8 hours of bitching about my high sec trig rewards again, I decide it’s time to log out for the evening… even though I was at 2.98 the night before we got our rewards…. No warning!

My wife gives me the look. It’s about Midnight. I think I’m about to get lucky, even get a good night sleep for the first night in a week. I was Wrong! Wrong on all accounts!!!

I woke up too early. I missed all the pings for the first fight. I had an existential crisis while watching my coffee machine screech and hiss at me like a raccoon. Didn’t get laid, wife made fun of me because my favorite metal song is about a papaya fruit.

I log in and everyone in the imperium is buzzing about the fight. I frantically join fleets, whatever I can do. I try to sort out the comms and ignore the soul crushing zoom meeting with the bureaucrats I work with.

The Nyx is fueled, my Baltec is lubed. Panties unbunched. I’m ready. And… stand down… goddamn it.

But wait there’s hope! Wish.com alliance, Snek coalition’s Android bankers!

They dropped a second Keepstar! Bless those Pandaren gold farmers. I may actually get some content today. Once again, wrong on all accounts.

A full day to prepare and hours of trolling reddit. I buy a new dread. I listen to some podcasts. Fountain Frank has me questioning the existence of delve. This is all a conspiracy to sell more Trit Stocks folks. I simp for Dawn ‘Furiosa’ Rhea.

I hear tiny silver bells in the distance. Pings from the heavens, reminding me not to miss the fight tomorrow.

4:30pm rolls around and my raccoon coffee has turned rancid. Kinda like drinking the slurry at the bottom of your outdoor trashcan. I don’t think I’ve physically moved in hours, eyes lazily wandering from one screen to the other. I can’t wait to do this in 10% tidi.

7:00am I awaken to the death star alarm blaring from my phone. I hear, “Have a good day a work Honey”. Work indeed.

I grab a cup of filth from the coffee machine, a bowl of sugary non-sense heading for the computer.

My corp is buzzing with excitement, everyone is ready to do their part. We are the oldest PVP corp in the game after all.

“Q and RVA are you two ready for the fight?”

Q: “The fight? Oh, screw all that noise, I’m throwing a bonfire. Enjoy your tidi suckfest.

RVA: “Do you have 200 entosis links we can borrow?”

Champions and Heroes of the Imperium both of them.

7,8 and 9 fleets form. They’re mustering the krabs? Vexors and Myrms to the front. “Oh what a Day, what a lovely day!”

I join Supertrains and Dreads. Crank up the music to 11. Su-Metal is a goddess and easily metal best girl.

100%.

Supertrains trebuchet into F-Swat. Clearly it’s the superior siege weapon.

Immortan Chillback calls for the first dread fleet. The battle begins.

Keepstar timer pauses at 11:41

The tidi is crushing, but the server holds.

83% repair timer is 8:01

We execute a hamfisted warp in with the Rokhs and begin to fire at the citadel. Initiative, heroes all, warp in beautifully behind us.

I begin to take damage, hit the MJD. My call time hits 3 minutes before the module activates, I’m in 27% structure before I warp out.

The Keepstar unpauses. The repair time counts to 5:59

I sit next to other flaming BB’s on an Athanor repping up before we warp back. I repeat this process 3 times before I’m caught by an interceptor.

56%

I kill that bastard and continue to fight. The harpy lives for 4 more hours. Before it too dies. I reship to a munnin and head back. It too dies orbiting the gates of the citadel.

“I live, I die. I LIVE AGAIN!”

31%

LR revelations x up. “He looked at me. He looked right at me.” “I am awaited. I am awaited in Valhalla!”

We align to the keepstar. Comms crackle. “Go see what's agitatin' Dad!” 2 dreads leap into battle. Then 2 more, 30 tidi seconds later. This continues uninterrupted, until this is interrupted…

26%

Papi subs arrive on the fortizar and bubble the dreads. Carriers jump in and cover us. Nightmares and munnins die. Heavy interdictors burn.

17%

The Keepstar unpauses, Panik. The repair timer drops to 2:26. If the timer unpauses again, we lose. Not lose a little, mind you. 15 hours of work for nothing and a trillion isk in the blender. Crestfallen disaster lose.

Over the Comms: “Those who pay the blood price should be rewarded. Return my space to me and I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla.”

Yeah... feels like hope.

Preheat your guns, Lock Keepstar as you land. Activate energizer, activate siege, and then fire guns.

Bubbles cleared. Boosts up. Heat on. Warp engaged.

I pick some coffee grounds from between my teeth.

Comms: “You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.”

2%

I land on the keepstar minutes later. Lock. Activate. Activate. Fire.

Cycle 1. Delicious wrecking damage.

Cycle,

Cycle 3. Shields gone. Damage coming from Titans, Fighters and Battleships.

Burst.

Cycle. Wrecking.

Cycle.

50% armor.

Cycle.

Cycle.

10% armor.

Cycle.

50% hull

Cycle

“Witness Me!”

Cycle. Dread explodes. The Keepstar dies.

I never thought I'd do something as shine as that.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:24:04 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #71 on: October 08, 2020, 04:51:03 PM

Great stuff, as usual.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 09, 2020, 01:09:54 AM

Polygon article with more details. 8500+ pilots involved. Bombers coming in while the Dreads stand off and try and snipe out before getting destroyed while subcap fleets warpm in and out and duel around the PAPI supercaps.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 09, 2020, 04:49:53 PM

The 2nd book Empires of Eve is about to come out

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 14, 2020, 12:19:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mIgZDJZew

As a Triglavian helper all your base is belong to us, aka Niarja no-more. Am I the baddies?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 15, 2020, 02:10:36 AM

This is going to be an EPIC final episode of Eve Online: The TV Series[/i]. Maybe a mid-season dramatic turn. We've spent all season waiting for the Goonswarm super secret battle plan built up as the war winning tactic that will end the war at a stroke in THE DECISIVE BATTLE ...and it ends in total disaster like the IJN coming up the Surigao Strait.

I applaud the death of all supercaps. Well done everyone. I'm sorry it didn't come off and well done CCP for programming a super weapon to go in real time when under time dilation. That is a brilliant flaw.

Top of the page edit - operation Enho: the Valhalla Ride - YZ9 AAR. The episode will be called ENHO, ENHO, ENHO.

Quote from: man who CCP made a movie of this week Eve_Asher
Quick note: I wrote this out immediately after a long fight and tried to get it out as quickly as possible, hopefully you enjoy it but I’m certain there are some mistakes, apologies in advance.

This fight was a month’s long plan come to fruition. Many many hours of preparation and practice. You probably already know how it ended, but I’ll tell you how it started.

We’d seen the way the PAPI coalition cynos in and we thought it was really unusual, they seemed to cyno all right on top of each other, our cynos are more spread out to avoid AOE titan DD. We started seriously looking at the idea of how they bring them in but we wanted to see if they would do that in a combat situation. So we decided to fight over 49-u fort as a test run. We would observe how they cyno’d and if they bubbled their fleet. To our utter delight at 49-u they used a small group of cynos and brought all their supers into a tight ball. We lost a lot of supers because of the PDS not working but we considered it a price we were happy to pay for the information and we continued to plan.

We did test runs with BFGs at ranges starting at 10km off the cyno and going out to 50km to find the perfect range and we worked on different ways to get the titans warped to the perfect range. Once we settled on the method of delivering the titans we started testing how many you needed to wipe a super fleet. We found that 10 titans could get some supers that load but don’t get hardeners on or get neuted out. 15 get most all nyxes/hel. 20 catch almost all aeons. 25 kill everything but heated phenom’d aeons.

In the end we did about 50 different test runs with various ranges and configs and we had it down to a science. As we zeroed in on the ideal way to deliver titans to their exact spot (even if they hictor or dictor bubbled) there was a sense of giddyness. “If this works it will be the biggest thing to ever happen in Eve” people said. “If this works it will be AMAZING”. “If this works we can clean up everything with a dread bomb.” If this works. We all had it in the back of our mind. On the test server it worked. On TQ it worked. But would it work in deep tidi? No one knew, it had never been attempted before.

We started using the code-name Enho, named after our favorite sumo wrestler, a very small guy who routinely beats much larger opponents. It seemed appropriate. The actual warping in of the titans we started calling the Valhalla Ride. We knew if it worked or if it didn’t the titans were heading to the same destination.

There was a lot more planning that went into it but I’ll spare you all the gory details, but there were many hundreds of man hours that were put into this and I want to thank everyone who put their time and effort into this. We then had to start looking for the right time to put our planning into action. The keepstar drop fights looked attractive but we didn’t know what system they would be in so it was hard to pre-seed titans. The anchor timers wouldn’t work because of tether. So we waited for PAPI to go on the offensive again. When they started reffing out forts we knew we had a good chance so we choose YZ9 because it seemed like they thought we’d focus more on FWST.

Over the 24 hours before the timer we we tried to get as many titans secreted into YZ9 as possible. Whenever the system would empty out we would jump one titan in and warp him to his pre-assigned spot then safe log him. A couple times one titan was spotted but I wasn’t too worried, titans move around all the time. We wanted 25 but a few just had no time where they could come in because YZ9 is a pipe system. I wasn’t worried though, 20 was plenty.

The night before we had most of our titans assigned and the perches were burnt for our interceptors, I checked the spreadsheet and went to sleep. Not very nervous, we had prepared as best we could. We were ready. At this point everything was just would the stars align and would the server work.

The day of came and the prep work continued. Much discussion was had about their escalation theory and what we would need to do to get the PAPI supers dropped. I was hoping to do so without aggro’ing our supers but I was willing to do so if needed. The question were: would they drop the same way again. Would they aggressively bubble themselves? Would they use the same small cyno grouping or spread out more? Would they change strategies entirely and use their supers a different way?

The battle started and they had, as expected, larger numbers than us. But you are playing with house money at this point, like 49-u the only thing that mattered was walking them up the escalation chain. This time they used B-52 Phoenixes and long range BS to assault the fort, a different strategy, and I was gravely worried they would light the super cyno inside a bubble wall they erected around the rokhs. I had Laz use our supertrains and primary all the hictors to try and lower the amount of bubbles that would potentially pull our titans. The battle evolved slowly and we played it patiently, we were on the losing end but it was all part of the wager we had to pay to push our chips in.

We kept running them up the escalation chain to see what it would take to bring their supers in, as I mentioned before we wanted to see if we could get them to jump in without aggro’ing our supers, but we weren’t able to do so. They had a carrier blob that had a bubble that just clipped one of our titan warp ins and would possibly catch 5 or so. We were very worried that they’d bring the supers in next to those carriers and our plan would be shot and we’d have spent a lot of money for nothing. On top of that you don’t want to look like a moron to your line members but you can’t say “Don’t worry guys this is part of a big plan”, we couldn’t after 49-U and if we had whiffed here we wouldn’t be able to do so.

Luckily I think our guys have a ton of confidence in us, so we made the call to have the supers aggro. I said something nerdy like “the die is cast”. We watch the Test cyno warp far away from our area of concern to a naked area of space, then all the other cynos go in the same place. INTENSE RELIEF. This is it, they are doing it in a tight grouping with no protective bubbles. Most people in command comms were not clued into the plan so we were tip-toeing around it but they were starting to pick up on it at that point. Something was up. We get on global, myself, Elo, Laz, and a few others debating on if the placement is good and if they are actually jumping to those cynos.

The wait was excruciating. We wanted to see the jump out animation of the PAPI supers in 8QT but it took so long. Our titans were uncloaked and aligned, ready to warp, but also quite obvious. Eventually we saw the first of the jump animations in 8QT, enough to assure us this wasn’t a fake. Then I called “ENHO, ENHO, ENHO” over global comms and the plan was set in motion. Our interceptors warped in. Our titans waited and then warped to their assigned interceptor. Right after we called for that PAPI got one sabre bubble up but from our testing I was certain that even if it was up before the warp it would have no negative effect.

Then we waited, again. The load-in for their supers took forever. Our titans were creeping closer, in warp. Eventually they started hitting grid and no supers had loaded, but the warp ins were perfect. I thought again “if it works”. We had executed the warp in perfectly, a beautiful spread, a fleet killer. I keyed up to all my fleet members and said “If you believe in a deity we could use a few prayers now”. We waited a long time for supers to load, we knew they’d hold invuln after they come in.

Now it was just waiting and hoping “if it works”. Our warp in was exactly how we practiced and perfected it. We had to wait an obscene amount of real time. I don’t know how long it was, it felt like 15 minutes, it was probably 5.

After the majority of their supers had jumped in and lost invuln we called for BFG. Seeing those spool up was incredible, watching the massive amount of work that we put into it come to fruition. Finally after what seemed like forever I’m trying to be quiet and just wait, but I was dying to know if damage would apply. Eventually we got a report of good hits on many targets. I started daring to believe it would work.

And then, the damage stopped. A review of our logs later would show that most of the titans only got 1 to 3 damage cycles on the boson, not the 20 that you normally get. We watched nyxes lose shield and then drop one or two percent of armour. But we didn’t know at the time that the server hadn’t worked. We thought maybe it would catch up. Sadly it never happened. For thirty minutes or so I hoped the server would rubberband and catch up but eventually I lost hope that it would catch up.

So “if it works” turned out to be “it didn’t work”. We only did 5-10% of the damage we expected. We held out hope for a while that the server would catch up and that was the problem but it never did. We kept the fight up killing dreads with our supers while they focused on our now trapped titans and sent them on their Valhalla Ride then we called it a night and dropped aggro and re-tethered.

I want to say thanks to every single one of my guys who put a titan in for the ride to Valhalla. Thanks to everyone in Enho Squad who spent so much time planning it and helping test it. I love you guys more than you know and I appreciate your confidence in me more than you suspect. In the end in this type of war we have to think outside the box and come up with unusual strategies. Sitting in front of each other and trading vollies will never work for us. The amount of people who have personally reached out to me with kind messages saying they support me and they are happy to fly with me is incredibly touching. We tried something the server had never seen before and it didn’t cooperate with us. There’s very little you can be upset about when you have a plan and you execute it to perfection.

Along with the thank you to everyone who helped with this I want to say thank you to our enemies in PAPI. There are a few personalities I dislike (particularly the FC who keeps DMing me with borderline rape-y language) but overall you guys are alright and we wouldn’t have the opportunity to come up with these kind of schemes without you. Necessity is the mother of invention and you have forced us to invent quite a bit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but withouAt an opponent like this we wouldn’t have had a chance to try.

Some quick notes: The supercarrier size change was terrifying. When the Aeon size was changed to make it much larger it would have made the supers bump so much more and ruined this plan. We were all extremely nervous this would end our plan before we even had chance to try it.

When the titans decel’d my discord just EXPLODED with DMs. So many FCs from every alliance and other people sent me a message saying something along the line of “HOLY SHIT”. Lots of people grasped what was going on almost immediately. Even a bunch of PAPI FCs messaged me.

Cryo Huren made this amazing piece of art

warning large pics

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 15, 2020, 04:15:32 AM

Not quite sure I'm following, but are you saying the Goons came up with a last ditch plan that should have worked but didn't because because of a bug?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 15, 2020, 04:59:44 AM

Yes. If it worked, 140 enemy supercapitals would have been wiped out at a stroke.  it took months of planning, waiting, baiting, building up, watching the enemy fall into the trap...and 10 minutes of Tidi to stop it working it perfectly. CCP hadn't coded the superweapons from working in Tidi...they shot as though they were working in normal speed...which doesn't work when 1 second of game time  == 15 seconds of real time. It's such a simple and obvious bug.

..And the enemy FC knew it wasn't going to work. They'd ALSO tested in..in heavy Tidi. And had not reported it to CCP.

So that episode where the good guys have the perfect plan last ditch plan to win the war...and the enemy leader gloats had forseen everything and was always one step ahead the entire time. it was indeed...a trap.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #78 on: October 15, 2020, 05:36:49 AM

so goons didn't deserve to win and lost. so its not at all a story of the servers letting things down but instead the most eve of eve stories.

the part where the enemy actually tested it and knew it didn't work and set the bait /and/ didn't report the bug makes all the difference on if this is a sad story of tech/net limitations or a fantastic story of eve players doing eve things.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 15, 2020, 05:59:19 AM

That is a very Eve thing to happen.  It's very Captain Kirk to find a glitch in the Universe and set a trap using it...

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 16, 2020, 03:30:41 PM

#4 Keepstar attempting to be deployed in Delve - the fight has been going on 7 hours and its probably got another 2-4 hours left. 33% and most probably won't be saved. Probably another Trillion in losses to do it.

edit- Goonswarm is now clogging the enemies guns with T1 fitted Ratting Ravens being gunned down by Titans and Dreadnoughts. They didn't help.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_76XmS8J3E - the PAPI were able to sdmart bomb an entire Eagle Fleet...that was one of theirs. Whoops.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:57:43 PM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 17, 2020, 06:49:19 PM

Keepstar #5 has been dropped. PAPI also dropped a second,  smaller station along side it to help cover the station. This is a new tactic. Maybe it will work?

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 19, 2020, 01:55:08 AM

https://i.redd.it/b22vtpu8lwt51.png

Bubbleon 5 is ONLINE. PAPI forces deployed on grid first and deployed 500 Interdictor bubbles. Imperialam forces reported crashing on entering the grid and after minor losses pulled out and the Keepstar is now fully operational. PAPI forces are celebrating finally getting a Keepstar station online and on grid in Delve NPC space. Celebrations have continued into the night on reddit.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 17, 2020, 02:38:44 AM

I haven't been online much, but Goonswarm DISBANDED another alliance = Requiem. They got Hargothed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUByKRv9Ss at the 12 minute mark to find out what happened.

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 19, 2020, 06:50:11 AM

These updates are great.  I never really figured out how to make money in Eve without being incredibly bored but I had a great time with DBRB leading ops.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 22, 2020, 07:51:07 AM

It would show their true desperation if they allowed Himo back.

4 months lying in Limbo before I saw it, but I still laughed way WAAAY too much at that.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 10:37:19 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 26, 2020, 03:37:43 AM

I've only barely touched Eve but I hope Goonswarm gets annihilated. They're like the 4chan of MMO guilds every time I've encountered them.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: December 26, 2020, 08:27:33 AM

Watching the executives scramble to steal every isk not securely nailed down would be ever so much fun. :)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #88 on: December 26, 2020, 09:53:36 PM

I've only barely touched Eve but I hope Goonswarm gets annihilated. They're like the 4chan of MMO guilds every time I've encountered them.

4chan is their natural enemy, don't let them hear you say that!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: December 27, 2020, 03:58:42 PM

I do wonder if they lost one of their "legacy" social groups they'd also lose a lot of active players and part of the social narrative that gives the game some meaning. I can't imagine the active player count is growing that much they could afford that.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: December 31, 2020, 03:48:24 PM

News from the Front - Biggest Titan Battle Ever. The Meatgrinder of M2.

PAPI attacked an otherwise unimportant Keepstar. However, the invader's cyno blocker was disabled minutes before it was online...allowing the Imperialm Titan fleet to jump in.

Current Titan Death count - 130 to 124.
The PAPI forces were routed at the end and fled, with many Titan's now logged off and trapped in the bubbles at the base of the Keepstar (it was the armour timer, so there may be 1 more battle for it tomorrow).

https://youtu.be/Gi9lVCNEKBI

That's a short video of 78 Dreadnoughts being wiped out in a minute of tidi by Titan Superweapons.

23+ Trillion Isk destroyed, about $300,000 US

Video with commentary like its a historical documentary on the history channel

Reddit Pics

I was there after Downtime when the enemy was routed. Got 3 kill mails IN MY SABRE and on about 20, biggest one being a lone Dreadnought.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:09:33 PM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 01, 2021, 08:19:01 PM

100+ enemy titan's are trapped in T2 Large bubbles under the guns of the Goonswarm station. The fight for the structure timer is tomorrow. The enemy is reported to have run out of fuel moving reinforcement Titan's to the front. A state of the Goonion has been called but may be used by the enemy to attempt to extract their Supercapital fleet, which is low on fuel, ammunition and fighters.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 01, 2021, 09:13:08 PM

I just have one question:

How the fuck does one even target into or out of that clusterfuck of a Titan swarm?  Like, looking at those pictures, only about 1/10th of that Titan fleet looks like it could actually target shit without resulting in some kind of friendly fire.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #93 on: January 02, 2021, 12:07:50 AM

The Insert Function wizard has some pretty great options, really.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 02, 2021, 01:02:28 AM

How the fuck does one even target into or out of that clusterfuck of a Titan swarm?  Like, looking at those pictures, only about 1/10th of that Titan fleet looks like it could actually target shit without resulting in some kind of friendly fire.

They can choose to use the megalaserthing to target a area OR target at a single ship I think. So 10 Titans hold their fire until 78 Dreadnoughts came onto range 0 and then wiped them out. The other Titan's shot at individual targets, maybe 5-10 Titans at one target at a time. Also Titan GUNS can target something else.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 02, 2021, 12:40:50 PM

4000+ pilots logged into 1DQ before the battle. System has been in Tidi for hours. This is the formup fleet. Mumble couldn't handle the SotG and had to be broadcast on https://www.twitch.tv/imperiumnews - Watch the battle there!

ProGodLeged lost a Titan he just bought. Multiple Titans have been interdicted on the way to the front.

I am I fleet and waiting for bridge. See you on the other side.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 02, 2021, 01:08:30 PM

I am orbiting the station in a sub cap fleet and there are 2.5k in system. There is a circle of Titan's under the station that look like a crown of thorns.

so apparently one bonus to having your titan fleet not trapped logged off for days is that you can change all their guns to short range and then sit them in a donut surrounding the location of the entire logged off fleet

This isn't a fleet deployment. It's a firing squad.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:10:54 PM by Comstar »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 02, 2021, 01:53:57 PM

Does the game run properly with those numbers these days?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 02, 2021, 02:21:41 PM

I'm running super potato mode and getting around 10FPS. Tidi is on but the game does respond. We have 4100 in system, 662 Titan's on grid. INIT is still coming. 5000+ hostiles are formed up. It is 3 hours before the station can be attacked.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 02, 2021, 03:34:10 PM

State of the Gonnion. 6000 hostiles are deployed to jump in. 5000 friends and enemies now in system. 40% of the enemy Supercapitals are trapped. The board is set.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: January 02, 2021, 04:12:12 PM

Enemy Titan fleet has jumped into system ABOVE the station. 2 PAPI Titans have been destroyed. Imperilam Super carriers are enagaging. IT IS ON.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: January 02, 2021, 04:50:29 PM

15+ enemy titans destroyed. Our subcap fleet is engaging. I have asked Fleet Command to fly us closer so I can engage with my 1 rocket.  150+ enemy Titans have loaded Grid.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:52:40 PM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 02, 2021, 05:12:22 PM

ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO LOG OFF. ENEMY TITANS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO BE ORDERED TO LOG OFF. ENGAGE ALL ENEMY TITANS.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: January 02, 2021, 05:47:20 PM

The enemy fleet has logged off and 150 Titans are still on grid. This is now the M2- Massacre. 30+ Titans are dead. I have enganged enemy Raknarok with a rocket.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 02, 2021, 09:14:44 PM

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004
Space emperor is not amused.
Unleash the tildes!

well uh

the galaxy is ours

cool!

Battle report

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Eve Online  
Jump to: