Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2019, 03:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" Visible Spoilers Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" Visible Spoilers Thread  (Read 1893 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: July 15, 2019, 01:10:01 PM

Did I miss some part of the story here where we actually have reason to think this is going to be a high quality thing?  I still picture it on the level of Shannara, the cast consisting of teenage underpants models and the whole thing coming off as an extended advertisement for perfume and hair products.

It’ll be a bunch of young nobodies put together with one well known has-been B lister or something.  Introducing Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as Moraine, or some shit like that.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #106 on: July 15, 2019, 01:19:24 PM

Of all the various high fantasy series, I’ve always felt WoT was one of the best.  It has excellent world building and an overall fun narrative/story for the first half.  You could absolutly adapt it into a great TV show.

Now, as for the odds of that happening, yeah, very little hope.  It would require a lot more effort and passion than I expect the people being hired to make this have.  But since I loved the series in my youth, will be fun to follow along to see how it turns out.

Also, if you were actually paying attention, you’d see the very first post was about them announcing Rosamund Pike as Moraine.  :p
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 01:22:23 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: July 15, 2019, 01:28:14 PM

Hey, I never said I was paying attention.

And while familiar, I can’t say I can figure out where I have seen here before, so there is that.  B lister indeed.

Anyway, if they put quality people in charge and give it a big ass budget, it could work out.  Guessing they will do neither of those things. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 15, 2019, 03:02:36 PM

She was the evil “Bond Girl” in the one with Halle Berry as the not-evil one.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 15, 2019, 03:20:41 PM

I knew her from Gone Girl and World's End. I'm not sure what constitutes A list or B list, but she's a fairly big name. Certainly far beyond anyone they got for Shannara.

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #110 on: July 15, 2019, 04:02:57 PM

Minor news: David Moxness will be the Director of Photography/Cinematographer:

http://www.thedailytrolloc.com/2019/07/david-moxy-moxness-wheel-of-time.html

Some of his previous works (taken from the linked article):

Whiskey Cavalier (2019) 6 Episodes
Leathal Weapon (2016-18) 18 Episodes
The Kennedys After Camelot (TV Mini-Series) (2017) 4 Episodes
Forever (2014-15) 8 Episodes
Graceland (2014) 11 Episodes
The Tomorrow People (2013-14) 13 Episodes
Revolution (2012-13) 10 Episodes
Fringe (2011-12) 16 Episodes
The Kennedys (TV Mini-Series) (2011) 8 Episodes
Smallville (2006-2007) 13 Episodes
Dead of Summer (2016)
When the Bough Breaks (Movie) (2016)
Minority Report (2017)

Latest news from Randland (taken from Twitter's "Weekly Wheel News". A must read  why so serious?):
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 04:04:33 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 16, 2019, 09:39:24 AM

You were right to spoil that. I hope I never have to see that again.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:13 AM

I knew her from Gone Girl and World's End. I'm not sure what constitutes A list or B list, but she's a fairly big name. Certainly far beyond anyone they got for Shannara.

I mean, Shannara had motherfucking Crixus.  Who is admittedly a B lister at best, but fairly recognizable?  I don’t know, I am just blowing shit out of my ass anyway and this is destined to suck.

Unless it doesn’t suck, in which case I want to also formally predict that it will be amazing.  That way my bases are covered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" Visible Spoilers Thread  
Jump to: