Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- new EA Star Wars game 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- new EA Star Wars game  (Read 30924 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: December 04, 2019, 02:29:48 PM

I kind of suspect the story is the same as all the other star wars stories so I'm sure you're right that I just tuned it out, I think it is part performance and pacing, but also possibly they don't integrate story and play all that well.

It is very much 'now stop for exposition'.... 'OK now go for platforming'..... 'OK combat room'.

You never really see things happen, instead they just tell you.

Equally, while I enjoy the puzzles and set pieces as a lump of abstract gaming, it never quite feels like anything other than lumps of abstract gaming. Zeffo and Bogano especially felt like nothing other than a game set. The random appearance of an ATST or being told more empire dudes are showing up never felt like a natural story progression to fear, they just felt like 'oh the next star wars themed abstract game room'.

I'm ok with it. It is fun.

And the intro planet didn't feel this way at all.

But even the short CoD campaigns feel a bit more like they are set in a world where stuff is happening independently of you.

It is also possible I've been playing too much Hitman, and been spoilt on their level design.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: December 07, 2019, 03:32:42 AM

Further in now and OK it gets better.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: December 17, 2019, 03:05:32 PM

In unsurprising news, job adverts have been spotted for people to work at respawn on another '3rd person action adventure game in the star wars universe' .

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- new EA Star Wars game  
Jump to: