Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:41:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- new EA Star Wars game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- new EA Star Wars game  (Read 30573 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: April 09, 2019, 09:45:19 AM

Jedi Fallen Order

Apparently, you're playing a padawan on the run soon after Order 66. Hiding your powers could be an interesting dynamic.

Of course, EA will probably fuck it up.

Edit by Trippy: fixed title
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:47:23 PM by Trippy »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:14:44 PM

EA + prequel

awesome, for real
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:40:57 PM

"Action Adventure"

So, another Force Awakens basically?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 05:38:03 PM

Probably more like Titanfall, Anakin.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 07:30:42 PM

Deus Ex: Star Wars could be interesting.  Using your powers to stealth or fight your way through sprawling levels.  Gaining more abilities as you progress but also using them too much can get you detected.

I'm sure it wont be that, but that's my best case scenario.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 07:37:10 PM

EA

the boycott continues
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 09:54:05 PM

Since Respawn is making it, it'll probably be solid as long as they're allowed to use the engine they want. If they got forced into Frostbite though then it's probably fucked. It's Star Wars though so it's going to take a lot to make me give a fuck now anyway.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 12:13:10 AM

Action Adventure?  Hmm.  Force Unleashed was fairly entertaining, even if it felt a bit sloppy compared to the old Jedi Knight series of games.

And probably that is the point.  They should completely fucking copy how those games were constructed.  I have been waiting a goddamn decade or more already.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 01:04:17 AM

What are the long-term monetisation and live service plans, though?  swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 08:13:24 AM

"Insert Credit Card, get leg warmers."  why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 12:34:02 PM

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 02:39:44 PM

Good trailer  that obviously begs for some (hopefully not faked) gameplay during E3.

Stay tuned :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:41:17 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 02:46:48 PM

I find it beyond boring, but maybe it's time for me to acknowledge and admit that for as much as I will always madly adore the holy trilogy, I have outgrown Star Wars and everything about it feels uninteresting. Minus Rogue One.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 04:42:09 PM

I’m in. Question is, “is it canon?”

*edit* Looked it up. It is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:44:05 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 07:34:24 PM

Looks intriguing. Except for that fucking EA logo in the bottom middle.  awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 09:20:23 PM

Except for that fucking EA logo in the bottom middle.

literally unplayable garbage, I don't even know what thread i clicked on

Edit by Trippy: fixed title
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:47:50 PM by Trippy »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 12:17:50 PM

It really is basically Titanfall: Jedi Edition, down to the parkour wall-walking shit.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 05:53:39 PM

Lovely presentation, fantastic music, gameplay will be boring shit. Destiny Wars.

I really felt sorry for the poor composer watching that, as he did really good work, and was trying his level best to wring out the emotion, but I really felt nothing watching it. It was a totally by the numbers trailer that implied a lot but said nothing.

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 04:24:37 AM

It really is basically Titanfall: Jedi Edition, down to the parkour wall-walking shit.

Oh is there any gameplay footage around? Also, I doubt it'll be first person, or is it?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 04:45:12 AM

Might be a mix.  But it won't matter.  In first person mode, hitting "X" will fire your blaster.  In third person, hitting "X" will have you stylishly unsheath and ignite your saber in a gorgeous flourish, have you twirl it behind your back whilst switching hands spinning and moving into a leaping lunge followed by a quick parry/riposte-counter sequence to get you ready to perform your real power attack, which comes via hitting the "Y" button.  Don't get me started on the "Y" button.

In other words, it will lack any real soul or connection to what you are doing, while looking pretty enough to move a couple million copies.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 07:34:11 AM

Oh is there any gameplay footage around? Also, I doubt it'll be first person, or is it?

I was inferring that from the section where dude walks on the walls in the trailer, because it looked EXACTLY like the wall-walking in Titanfall. And I'd be shocked if EA let Respawn wander too far from what they've already built in TF1, TF2 and Apex.

lesion

Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 08:54:31 AM

steam|a grue \[T]/
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 01:36:21 PM

Lovely presentation, fantastic music, gameplay will be boring shit. Destiny Wars.

I really felt sorry for the poor composer watching that, as he did really good work, and was trying his level best to wring out the emotion, but I really felt nothing watching it. It was a totally by the numbers trailer that implied a lot but said nothing.

Let's not get carried away quite yet - it was just a CGI trailer, after all. We don't know anything about the actual gameplay - even if you trust(?) Respawn to make a good game (under EA).

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 01:40:52 PM

Az, have you seen the Ep 9 thread yet? It's how they do bro.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 06:38:08 PM

I try to avoid the movie threads because spoilers. And I'm WAAAAAAY behind on movies.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 06:11:20 AM

They posted on Twitter it won't have microtransactions or multiplayer. People are shocked and a bit in disbelief since this is an EA game. We'll see if they're lying or not I guess.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 09:00:11 AM

They posted on Twitter it won't have microtransactions or multiplayer. People are shocked and a bit in disbelief since this is an EA game. We'll see if they're lying or not I guess.
What EA means is they won’t be in at launch. They’ll add them in after launch and the reviews are in and most people who want the game have bought it like they did with Battlefield 5.

Edit: they being microtransactions.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:10:08 AM by Trippy »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 01:08:53 PM

The tweet didn't give them any wiggle room. It's out there now and seen and if they go back it'll get flung in their faces and cause another huge controversy.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1116917677115760640

No microtransactions. No loot boxes. And no, we won't be adding them. A single-player Star Wars story for those of you who are ready to become a Jedi.

I don't trust EA at all, this is why I suspect this came straight from Disney. Disney doesn't seem to care about the video games but they had to have been aware of the controversy last time and this hits right before Episode 9. I imagine Bob Igor called and said something like "I can buy your company with pocket change. Don't make Star Wars look bad one month before our next movie comes out."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:10:33 PM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 01:14:54 PM

Hmm...okay yeah that does sound like Disney learning from the Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco and saying never again.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 03:55:14 PM

EA said in 2014 that it was tired of being regarded as one of the worst Companies in America and from now on their motto was going to be "Player First." Maybe they are actually going to try it. 5 years later. Um.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-ceo-says-company-is-changing-to-become-player-first/1100-6420699/

Hic sunt dracones.
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 07:03:52 PM

they're lying

fuck'em
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 18, 2019, 06:38:12 AM

EA is the Ike Turner of video games, after all.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 03:08:40 PM

Eat the cake, Anna Mae.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 03:09:53 PM

EA has totally changed  Ohhhhh, I see. swamp poop ACK!

I cannot imagine this game being any good. It won't have the story chops to make gameplay secondary. It won't have the tight gratifying gameplay to make a by the numbers story ok. And it sure as fuck isn't going to break any kind of new ground and be worth it for the feeling of playing something new and interesting.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:12:50 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 19, 2019, 12:39:03 PM

EA said in 2014 that it was tired of being regarded as one of the worst Companies in America and from now on their motto was going to be "Player First." Maybe they are actually going to try it. 5 years later. Um.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-ceo-says-company-is-changing-to-become-player-first/1100-6420699/

That was five years ago, they've gotten a ton worse since then.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- new EA Star Wars game  
Jump to: