Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 60867 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: September 09, 2019, 12:49:05 PM

The Steelers blow so hard. Who would have thought that treating your star players like field hands and favoring your bloated rapist of a QB over them would blow up in the team's faces? You know how Smith-Schuster was going to be the next big thing? Well, he still might, but he ain't going to have the kind of year he had last year without AB taking pressure off of him. And the guys around him are no Smith-Schuster. Also, fuck the Patriots so hard. This year is going to be a walk for them, isn't it? They didn't even have AB last night, and they didn't need him.

Well to be fair, the Steelers have been pretty consistent with their players and the system they operate. I would argue NE treats their players like field hands way more than the Steelers ever did, esp where AB is concerned. As a Browns fan, fuck the black and gold, but I don't fault them for a second on the AB thing. Bell is a different matter and their decision can't be based on this year. How many times have we seen the big contract fall to the guy playing out of his mind only to find he only had 10-12 games left with that ability? and a running back? *cough* Todd Gurley... *cough*

And all teams favor the QB over every other player - without one, even the hamburglar, you are doomed.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: September 09, 2019, 01:53:57 PM

Sure, the Steelers have been consistent on this. And both AB and Bell said, "Nah, fuck that, pay me or I'm outie." Bell didn't want to get Kirk Cousins'ed into endless franchise tags, knowing that as a running back, he'd never get to sign a big, multi-year contract if they franchised the 2 years after his rookie contract was up. It's kind of funny that he ended up signing for less guaranteed money with the Jets than he'd have gotten if he signed the franchise tender, but I don't blame him for not wanting to get dicked over on making the choice himself. It was clear that their success in the playoffs owed a lot to him, because when he was hurt before the playoffs two years in a row, they stank it up.

As for AB, I don't think this diva shit is as much about getting paid as it is just not fucking wanting to play with Big Ben and his giant fucking head anymore. AB doesn't have a problem with superstars being treated differently, he just didn't want that superstar to be the rapist. Apparently, during the trade talks, he and his agent tried like hell to get the Steelers to trade him to New England but they refused to strengthen a rival. Of course, they ended up doing that anyway, in a roundabout way.

I agree New England will probably treat players MORE like field hands than the Steelers - the difference is that the Pats will probably will a Super Bowl with or without him.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #72 on: September 09, 2019, 08:30:28 PM

If you didn't watch the Houston/New Orleans game, you missed the best game of the weekend. The NFL is better when Deshaun Watson isn't getting fucking killed because he is electric. And yet he still can't get a win because Romeo Crennel sucks.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 10, 2019, 08:20:05 AM

The Giants, meanwhile, still have Eli at QB, and his heir apparent is a fumble magnet. Also, the Giants defense really really blows. I don't believe Dak Prescott or Kellon Moore's offensive scheme is that good. Going to be a long year for Giants fans, complete with calls for Daniel Jones to start, where he will also suck.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1171166027385843713  why so serious?

Some of it is Moore's offense and the work Dak put in with new qb coach Kitna (Kitna focusing on things like footwork and getting Dak to believe his eyes and let it rip instead of being so conservative) the other part is how bad Linehan was. He was very predictable. Opposing defensive players have been saying it for years.

For example pre snap motion helps the qb read the defense. Linehan hardly did that at all.  When the game mattered I'm pretty sure every offensive play the Cowboys called had motion.

Dak through 3 seasons has been deadly using play action, but Linehan only called like 3 a game. On Sunday Prescott went 14 of 15 for 207 yards and 3 TDs off PA

I don't know if it's true but one poster at Cowboyzone wrote that on one of those tds where the receiver was wide open (either Cobb or Jarwin, I forget which) for the past 4 years in that formation, location on the field and down and distance the Cowboys passed once out of like 200 plays.

edit: here's a thread with video breakdowns of the offense.  The two guys sometimes go over the same play but with a little different viewpoint so they are both worth watching IMO.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-genius-of-kellen-moore-collecting-info-pre-snap.439931/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:15:59 PM by Raguel »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 10, 2019, 10:50:04 PM

Oh, but not too fast!  Turns out AB might also be a rapist, because of course.

There are some problems with the story from the accuser, because of course.  You can read them yourselves, don't want this to be a politics thread.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #75 on: September 11, 2019, 08:35:30 AM

There are lots of weird things in those allegations. Most of which should be easy to prove if they are true via text records.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 11, 2019, 09:26:54 AM

The victim should get the benefit of the doubt.  And I can wrap my head around the scenario where he hits on her, even kisses her and then later apologizes and maybe she gives him the benefit of the doubt.

But.....the part where they are watching some kind of fucking church video on her ipad, and he somehow does a bit of ninja masturbation and blows his wad all over her back without her consent and knowledge?  And then she forgives THAT and agrees once again to train him?

It could all be true, and I am already on the record for saying he is a fucking prick....but man, that is a strange ass story.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 11, 2019, 10:26:15 AM

The victim should get the benefit of the doubt.  And I can wrap my head around the scenario where he hits on her, even kisses her and then later apologizes and maybe she gives him the benefit of the doubt.

But.....the part where they are watching some kind of fucking church video on her ipad, and he somehow does a bit of ninja masturbation and blows his wad all over her back without her consent and knowledge?  And then she forgives THAT and agrees once again to train him?

It could all be true, and I am already on the record for saying he is a fucking prick....but man, that is a strange ass story.

Strange story indeed. But if she was trying to get her business self started and he was the only big paying client, I could see letting him get away with shit and apologize for it... especially if that was the only source of income coming in from that line of business. You can stand back on a moral high horse and claim you would never put up with that, but if that is the only source of your rent and food money... especially if she was trying to get more clientele, having AB would be a big feather in her cap for recommendations and industry credit. Really....it's the same story in any industry that has been in the news for the past decade+.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:26 AM

Well, sure, except for the part where he jizzed on her.  I would think that would be a line you can’t uncross.  But maybe?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 10:39:22 AM

I agree on benefit of the doubt, which I do give the victim. I think all of what she says has the ring of truth (knowing how depraved many NFL players are, not to mention somebody with the obvious mental issues AB exhibits), most of which can be affirmed on text records. I think he'll settle rather than that shit getting out in public eventually.

The lawyers on her side are very smart. They waited until the most damaging time to file the suit, and they'll likely throw out an absurd settlement offer to start with. If the NFL actually puts him on exemption, there won't be any settlement until the season is over. They'll drag it out until he caves. My guess is win or lose, she's out for revenge and wants to ruin him. Which if he raped her I am completely in favor of.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #80 on: September 11, 2019, 10:40:23 AM

Well, sure, except for the part where he jizzed on her.  I would think that would be a line you can’t uncross.  But maybe?

If anything, I've learned for enough money people don't have lines. And the amount of money can be appalling low.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 11, 2019, 10:43:01 AM

Yeah, probably.  I am just going to assume it is true for now and hope that he is just utterly fucked.

Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 16, 2019, 11:55:50 AM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27630164/big-ben-season-ending-elbow-surgery

Big Ben is done... for this year at least. Wouldn't be surprised if this is it for the guy.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #83 on: September 16, 2019, 12:19:52 PM

We can only hope. I guess we get to see now if the Steelers policy of penny-pinching their stars (or just the non-white non-QB ones) pays off in a Super Bowl or if they really can just plug any asshole into the system and continue to win games. In any case, fuck them and their rapist QB.

In other news, the Miami Dolphins really are barely FBS-college level quality. I have no idea why they are paying Fitzmagic to throw interceptions when they could just as easily evaluate their #1 draft pick QB they traded for to see if he's good enough to use the #1 draft pick they are tanking for in next year's draft on something besides a QB of the future. Since this is Miami, they can't even fucking tank right and I'm sure Fitzmagic will win them a game or two on his own, since no one else on this team is likely to do it. They are abjectly terrible and the Patriots never even had to break a sweat to win this game. It wasn't even remotely competitive after the coin toss.

Meanwhile, Drew Brees is now out for 6 weeks after his injury gifted the Rams another win. Their defense looks decent but it's going to become painfully clear over the next few weeks that Bridgewater is not going to cut it as a backup. I expect teams will start stacking 8 and 9 in the box to keep Kamara from doing the damage because even with Michael Thomas, Bridgewater's arm will not be a threat deep.

I watched half of the Falcons/Eagles game before I realized I hate both these teams. Carson Wentz appears to have accelerated his career straight to "Ghost of Peyton Manning's Neck Bones" stage. He looks like his bones crumble to dust the minute a defensive lineman breathes on him. The Bears win a game by making a field goal and somehow, that's fucking news because DOUBLE DOINK.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 16, 2019, 12:29:27 PM

lolnfl and the call at the end of the DEN-CHI game.

In other news AB is an ever bigger piece of shit than previously discussed SI story on his shittiness here

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #85 on: September 16, 2019, 01:01:34 PM

Sounds to me like he's a real fucking fruit loop. I do not understand those who do not sell or purchase illegal substances having $80,000 in cash in their home. I'm no fan of big banks, but I think I'd much rather have that shit in an FDIC insured account than some safe that one of my many entourage (parasites, leeches and leg humpers) can just make disappear and you are shit out of luck. Of course, I also don't understand the idea of hiring people and then not fucking paying them when I clearly have (or should have) the money to do so in my goddamn safe.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #86 on: September 17, 2019, 08:01:12 AM

He's a complete loony bin who thinks he doesn't have to pay people. Then again, I think we've known he's a complete loony bin for a long time now.

Rich asshole doesn't want to pay people, gets a rep for not paying people, service people KNOW he's not been paying people, and they still provide services without getting fees up front.

At some point stop actually providing the man services and see how he likes it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #87 on: September 17, 2019, 08:08:50 AM

I've been enjoying my bosses' mental gymnastics as a Steelers fan lately. Pulled her into some long diatribe against AB's civil suit and then angled it into Ben's civil suit...which was completely different. And Ben's injury began a diatribe about Terry Bradshaw costing the Steelers a Dan Marino draft pick  swamp poop

Myles Garrett, my man. I mean, I feel bad the 2nd stringer had his leg under him, fluke thing. But man that dude can rush the passer.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: September 17, 2019, 08:10:42 AM

So despite having Le'Veon Bell and a decent defense, the Jets are about as bad as an FBS team as well. I realize that Adam Gase earned his reputation as on offensive genius by coaching the last good years of Peyton Manning's career (before getting absolute curbstomped by the Seahawks) but he seems to be really fucking terrible. Over and over again, pass rushers just didn't even get blocked or looked at before destroying the QB. And I'm not talking about scrub rotation defensive linemen, I'm talking about letting top-level sack leader dudes like Myles Garrett just getting multiple free runs at the QB without even so much as a chip. Gase is a bug-eyed, obsessive weirdo who isn't even that good at what everyone claims he's good at, and now because of that (and Myles Garrett committing multiple personal fouls), the Jets are on their 3rd string, 6th-round draft pick QB indefinitely - at least until Darnold's mono clears up (word is at least a month).

On the other side of the field, Baker Mayfield has an absolute cannon of an arm. Unfortunately, he clearly thinks he's Brett Favre and he may end up being that good, if he can temper his big swinging dick throws he has no business making. If he doesn't, he'll be Jay Cutler. The team around him is really good, though their O line needs to be better. OBJ is a freak and Chubb is a bellcow running back. Their offensive playcalling is predictable as hell and may be part of why they have struggled in both games. First down run, if it gets stuffed, 2nd down is always a pass, and vice versa if they bother to pass on first down. I think this team makes the playoffs but only because the Steelers aren't.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #89 on: September 17, 2019, 08:25:25 AM

Get ready for the "Could Clemson beat the Dolphins?" Article that will inevitably hit at some point in the next 6 weeks.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #90 on: September 17, 2019, 08:36:41 AM

Hard to justify writing an article that is basically one-word - "Yes."  why so serious?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 17, 2019, 09:29:26 AM

While I enjoy the speculation and wish there was a way to actually prove it, I think in reality any NFL team would obliterate any non-NFL team.  Even the shittiest teams are filled with unbelievably athletic players in the NFL.  I would bet on a blowout.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #92 on: September 17, 2019, 12:19:36 PM

Trevor Siemian out of the year with ankle ligament damage so Faulk will be the starter while they bring in a veteran to back him up. Cam Newton out indefinitely with a foot injury. Daniel Jones named the Giants starting QB for this weekend.

Whole lot of places Kaep could be playing instead of waiting for that inevitable settlement check.

Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 17, 2019, 12:49:46 PM

Trevor Siemian out of the year with ankle ligament damage so Faulk will be the starter while they bring in a veteran to back him up. Cam Newton out indefinitely with a foot injury. Daniel Jones named the Giants starting QB for this weekend.

Whole lot of places Kaep could be playing instead of waiting for that inevitable settlement check.

Popcorn

Meanwhile, the Steelers signed Paxton Lynch... lulz

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #94 on: September 17, 2019, 01:08:41 PM

I mean at this point, taking Kaepernick actually makes sense when you're on your 3rd string QB and everywhere else the league is falling apart.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #95 on: September 17, 2019, 01:56:48 PM

Plus, he can run. So whatever swiss cheese o-line that got your first two guys killed might just be a boon for him. I'd rather have my offense run by a plate of carnitas than Paxton Lynch. Guy just plain sucks.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #96 on: September 17, 2019, 02:19:42 PM

Let's not forget that both Johnny Manziel and Christian Hackenberg are still available.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 17, 2019, 10:15:10 PM

Thanks goodness I have Kirk Cousins just sitting there on my bench, waiting to score possibly up to 13 points.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #98 on: September 18, 2019, 08:21:05 AM

Supposedly the Jets signed David Fales, a guy who has played an entire 3 games in his career.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I mean hell at this point when they are signing guys that have almost no experience at all over Kaep, there's no arguments left. David fucking Fales is not an answer.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 18, 2019, 08:28:16 AM

Time to trade Rivers if you have him in fantasy. All the 2004 QBs are going down.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #100 on: September 19, 2019, 09:38:03 AM

At some point maybe a name change would be good if your constantly getting the negative psychological reinforcement of David Fales. Hell, I'd go straight-up David Wins.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 19, 2019, 10:16:23 AM

Same thought I had.  David Holdsaclipboard is probably more suitable, though.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #102 on: September 19, 2019, 11:37:32 AM

Backup QB is no longer the best job in the NFL if you actually end up getting put into games.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 19, 2019, 11:44:59 AM

Even moreso because there are so many bad starting QBs in the league.....the backups are just fucking awful.

To be fair, this has always been true.  The rule changes have only put a giant spotlight on it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: September 20, 2019, 09:42:32 AM

It's Josh Rosen Time in Miami.

Not sure why they bothered with Ryan Fitzpatrick in the first place as anything other than a backup. We all know he's a turnover machine who will pull out the occasional "Magic" performance that wins a game or two. Miami doesn't need to win games right now, they are in full tank mode. Starting Rosen from the beginning should have been their plan but I guess they didn't let their coach in on the plan.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: