Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 60864 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: March 13, 2019, 10:19:10 AM

Here we go again... only this time maybe you assholes will not be overlooking the Browns this year.  why so serious?

But seriously... Free agency starts today and deals have already been penned. Notes from my book:

AB goes to the Raiders
Rosen is probably going to the Giants (with the way NYG is going)
Suggs returns to the state of AZ
L'Bell goes to the Jets
...and we still have the draft to go...

but the Browns actually have the must watch team given everything that has happened.  Mayfield now has a WR core with OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Calloway, Higgins and a bonkers RB situation with Chubb and later, Hunt?? that should make that offense rival KC and NO and LAR. And that defense with Garrett, Harrison, Vernon, Richardson, Ogbah, Ward? Another CB and LB and that side is stacked. Not to mention the AFC north is in shambles.

The beacons are lit!!

Until OBJ blows out an achilles, Njoku goes down with an ACL, Mayfield gets concussed, Garrett goes down with a hip, and Richardson just doesn't show up.  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:16:14 AM

It's the Browns, so everything has to be taken with a huge "but it's the Browns..." That said, the team they've put together looks really fucking good. And with the Steelers imploding because they want their grey-dicked rapist QB to feel loved until he fucks off into retirement, and the Bengals being the Bengals, and the Ravens losing their names on defense and a running project QB in his first full-year as a starter, I can't see how they won't win that division (except they're the Browns).

Meanwhile, the Packers have actually signed three good defensive free agents for not a lot of money.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 12:04:44 PM

Remember when everybody knew taking Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold with high draft picks was stupid except for the people drafting the NFL? Oh and toss in Josh Allen while we're at it. He sucks.

Meanwhile Baker Mayfield is poised to actually have a shitload of talent around him, and he was already 11th in the NFL in Y/A with a collection of scrubs from 2018.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 12:09:41 PM

One of those scrubs was Jarvis Landry, who is one of the best slot/possession receivers in the game. He wasn't throwing to trash wideouts, though none are the caliber of Beckham. Now Rosen, that motherfucker was throwing to absolute hot garbage and the somehow still functioning body of Larry Fitzgerald while being protected by turnstiles.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 12:18:15 PM

One of those scrubs was Jarvis Landry, who is one of the best slot/possession receivers in the game. He wasn't throwing to trash wideouts, though none are the caliber of Beckham. Now Rosen, that motherfucker was throwing to absolute hot garbage and the somehow still functioning body of Larry Fitzgerald while being protected by turnstiles.

I forgot about Jarvis because I still think of him as a Dolphin.

Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 12:25:54 PM

It's the Browns, so everything has to be taken with a huge "but it's the Browns..." That said, the team they've put together looks really fucking good. And with the Steelers imploding because they want their grey-dicked rapist QB to feel loved until he fucks off into retirement, and the Bengals being the Bengals, and the Ravens losing their names on defense and a running project QB in his first full-year as a starter, I can't see how they won't win that division (except they're the Browns).

Meanwhile, the Packers have actually signed three good defensive free agents for not a lot of money.

I am kinda shocked the Ravens got gutted on the defensive side of the ball. Post-Ozzie drafting will be one to watch. I expect them to draft any and all Bama players that fall to them. Steelers will probably still be a 10 win team given Conner put up similar numbers to Bell and JuJu was as capable as the disgruntled AB. That said, their secondary is ass so I look forward to them getting shredded.

Really thought the Pack would be players for a big name receiver free agent this year. Quite curious about their draft.

Watching all the talking heads who are NYG fans struggle with the OBJ trade is priceless and strange since I'm not used to the Browns being on the national stage in the drama factory.

EDIT: annnnd Earl Thomas goes to the Ravens. Hope it'll be enough. Oddly enough, there were rumors Dorsey was looking to try and sign him as well.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:27:53 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 01:32:04 PM

I would be floored if the Packers spent money on a big-name receiver. That just doesn't seem to be in their DNA.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 01:38:53 PM

I would be floored if the Packers spent money on a big-name receiver. That just doesn't seem to be in their DNA.

They seem to have changed tactics lately and realized the old way to doing business was going exactly nowhere since the 2014 season. Which is good, because man. Watching Aaron Rodgers dodge bullets ain't fun after a while.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 04:32:09 AM

Mayfield may be as good as advertised, but passing final judgement before he makes it through year two is a lesson I thought everybody had learned by now.  This happens a looooooooooot with young quarterbacks.  I am pulling for him, but we'll see.  And the same for the Browns in general.  No, they aren't going to suddenly be a top offense, that's insane.  I will happily eat a pile of crow if proven otherwise.

Fake Edit:  All that said, I think this is easily the most promising Browns team since the re-incarnation.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 06:35:58 AM

Mayfield isn't the second coming, but he had a better Y/A in his first full year than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and he was on par with guys like Cam Netwon and Matt Ryan coming out of the shoot with impressive numbers.

I place very little value in Year 2 numbers because most guys face adjustments. Yet, in Year 3, that's where the rubber always meets the road.

Drew Brees is probably the biggest example of that Year 3 clicking rule.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 06:55:27 AM

Yeah, it works both ways.  A Sophomore slump is just as inconclusive.  Dak Prescott is perhaps a good example of someone who the book is still out on.  Really good rookiee year, falls back in his second season.  Or it started that way, I believe, haven't followed his stats, but I think he came on again at the end of the year.

Third year is where you can begin to conclude.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 07:05:24 AM

The jury isn't out on Dak at all in my book. He's the quarterback, and will stay the quarterback because Dallas would be foolish to chase a better option than a guy who completed 68%, 7.4 Y/A, 240+ a game in the air, and had a Td/INT of 22/8.

The "problem" with Dak last year was the 56 motherfucking sacks. Like seriously, who else took that many sacks? (I looked it up, only Deshaun Watson at 62, yeesh) He was holding the ball forever because nobody was getting open, they had no TE, and very few safety valve options until they signed Amari Cooper to go alongside Beasley.

Dak's Passer rating before Amari was 88.6, and post-trade it was 102.5. That's a pretty insane jump mid-season by simply giving him a target. Now that Witten is back as the safety net, I fully expect Dak to have a stellar year.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 07:16:01 AM

I wasn't in any way suggesting that he wasn't the guy in Dallas....but after his rookiee season, the superlatives were such that he may as well have been the second coming of Jesus.  He is good, no doubt.  I just don't know yet if he will be great.  Nor does he really need to be, perhaps.

Anyway, I think you get the point. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 07:18:56 AM

Dak Prescott is a good example of why I think Mayfield will not go through too much of a sophomore slump. Dak's numbers fell off in his second season because he didn't have Elliot to rely on for much of the season, their O line was injured and Dez Bryant's best days as a #1 receiver were behind him. His numbers this season before they got Cooper were also abysmal because holy shit, he had NO ONE to throw to. No Jason Witten, who has always been a QB's best safety valve when pressured, and Cole Beasley (a decent possession receiver) was the best target he had on the field. Give him a guy like Cooper (who I think compares favorably to Bryant when Bryant was good) and suddenly they were a playoff team. Mayfield now has two of the top wideouts in the game - his #1 is Brown who can blow the tops of most defenses by himself even when double-covered and #2 is Landry, the best slot/possession receiver in the game besides Edelman (or Welker in his heyday). He also has a good young RB in Chubb who may not be Saquon Barkley but once he started getting regular carries, showed he was worth the high pick. His O line isn't half bad and his defense is going to keep them in games.

All of those predictions could be wrong, but I really think barring some serious injuries on the O line, Mayfield won't struggle nearly as bad as Prescott did in his second season. If he does, then yeah, he will have definitely been overrated because if you can't succeed with those weapons, you got few excuses to fall back on.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 08:28:19 AM

Since the Mayfield debut, I'm a fan. If the old lady wasn't staunch about watching the Pats games, we'd be watching the Browns.

Lots of talent on the field. I'm hoping Mayfield's attitude and raw talent mesh well with ODB, but as you say, he's already stacked with folks to catch it. I run my Madden Browns with a big blocking FB for Chubb and also added a power HB to get beat up on short runs against heavy packages. Running either with the blocking FB lead behind Bitonio is just a grinder (the rest of the O line could use a bit of work, maybe teh weakest part of the team, which needs to be addressed). I also added a good hands/agility HB (I had Sony Michel for a while, my new guy is CPU gen) that I can use for toss plays/screens and even a WR though I rarely need an extra (he's in for 5WR sets, mostly).

And the D is crazy, too. Schobert and Kirksey shut down the middle, and Garrett/Ogbah/Ogunjobi are dominant.

Most of my experience with the team is 6 seasons on Madden, but damn, they good.
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 06:44:29 AM

For the first time in like 20 years, I didn't pay attention to the draft. What a world we live in when the Browns don't have a first rounder.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Few surprises...
Lots of big first round graded player still on the board:
Cody Ford from OU - figured an OL needy team would have grabbed him up quick
Greedy Williams LSU - guess his spotty tackling cost him a round
Metcalf MISS - how does a huge straight line burner WR slip out of the 1st...
Lock Missou - NYG took Jones over this guy?
AJ Brown MISS - not that surprising but thought he'd go late round 1

Gruden and Mayock... wtf?
NYG gambling
Pittsburgh selling half the farm for a Shazier replacement
Cinnci actually picking a solid OL guy
Haskins falling to the Washington Generals

Looks like the big loser of the day was Rosen. Every team he was in play with took a QB. Maybe Miami is still out there? N.E.?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 08:42:26 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Cards thinking on Rosen is but he's either going to be a very unhappy backup or traded to a team whose expensive veteran signing gets hurts or is Fitzmagic. I'm assuming a lot of that depends on what Arizona is asking for - if they expect to get a first-rounder, I don't think anyone is going to bite on that. I'm thinking the teams that might want him are Tennessee or Tampa (because no one is sold on their former #1 picks being as good as advertised), Miami (becauase Fitzmagic), the Raiders (depending on how much Gruden actually does like Carr), or the Broncos (because LOLFLACCO). The only other options that make sense are places where he'd be an understudy to a QB that's likely to retire in 2-3 years - New Orleans, New England, Los Angeles Chargers, Packers and Carolina (because of health concerns with Newton). None of those options look that great for either Rosen or the Cardinals' ability to get a decent pick.

I don't get the Packers first pick, Rashan Gary, DE. Yes, they need an edge rusher but they signed two in free agency, and this guy has injury questions. I'm happier with their pick of a ball-hawking safety though because they got fuckall out of that position last year.

Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 09:02:37 AM

You know, now that you mention the Chargers, I could see that happening. Would take some of the sting off being a backup for a few years since he'd be basically back home.

Day 2 and I'll perk back up and keep this on the tablet to see if the Brownies continue to build. Personally, hoping OL then DB unless Greedy is there. Tackling aside, he is a damn nice in coverage and would make a nice compliment to Ward. Lot of draftniks have that Rock kid from Temple. I'd be fine with either.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 03:21:22 PM

Cincy has picked what looked to be solid OLine guys before. Here's hoping that this guy turns out to not be actual shit and/or the coaching of said oline guy is superior to what it used to be if that's what is to blame. It sucks. I think the Bengals have actually been very good at drafting smart position wise and they tend to pick players that the media sees as worthy of the spot picked but over and over the players haven't worked out.

-2005 they tried to get good LB's taking them in RD1 and RD2. Both looked like they might be starter+ talents but then RD1 breaks his neck and RD2 gets Goddell'd out of the fucking league. The defense except for a blip where Burfict was playing well never actually produced a good LB core for 14 yrs because of this. But LB importance was waning so until about 4 years ago that was generally ok. Now its a dumpster fire problem and you've got the Steelers giving away picks to get ahead of the Bengals to take the only decent LB left. Which was peak Steelers and because its the Steelers and Bengals will probably work out great for them.

-2009 they tried again for LB talent and Heinze Ward broke his jaw on such a dirty play that they made a rule that you couldn't do that shit. This is far from the only time rules are made because of things shitlord Steelers do to Bengals players. Fuck the Steelers so much. Rivers never really plays well after that (not that he was amazing before it tbf) and washes out of the league in 6 years.

-2006, 2007, 2012, 2014 & 2016 they took RD1 corners. Because corners are huge. There is a lot of high level analytics that are saying its actually secondary not line that matters more to overall defensive performance. You'll notice the Pats will lay out huge FA $$$ for CB but never on the line and that every year feels like the most RD1 talent on the d-line since the year before lately. So the Bengals were ahead of the curve. But as usual they've just missed too often. Oh and Mike Brown is a cheap fuckwad. The only pro bowler (JJoe) so far of the bunch the Bengals refused to pay and he went to the Texans and was a cornerstone for their team during which time they beat the Bengals in the playoffs twice. Because Bengals.

-Like CB they adapted to how important TE's were becoming ahead of a lot of teams. Taking first rounders in 2010 and 2013. Both were hits too! Sadly the one who flashed a lot of greatness is also made of glass and I'm not sure if he's ever played 10 games in a season.

-No credit for AJ Green. That's just picking an amazing talent with a really high pick. Shame John Ross is such a worthless player so far.

-Back to OT's though and O-Linemen in general. They picked RD1'ers in: 2009, 2012, 2015 & 2018. In fact in 2015 they went RD1 & RD2 on them in what looked like a smart move to be set in a few years with fresh talent. Sadly so far none of their RD1 linemen have been that good. Most have been downright RD3-5 spot starter at best level talents.

So in general I think they pick position groups according to their real value to winning football games. But their coaching/facility/org is cheapshit so they never get much out of them or they just suck at picking the right ones because they pay basically zero scouts, don't have a true gm, etc.

tl;dr

fuck being a bengals fan but at least we aren't the NYG. I don't care that retard face Eli won some rings. Cling to that. The Giants are being mismanaged worse than the Jets these days. All the past glory in the world can't save you from how much that must burn. I want Gruden to do well bc I like the guy but yikes. Rocky start so far. Really rocky. Looks like the worst fears of an old coach who doesn't understand the game's evolution being in charge might look.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:25:10 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 06:10:00 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS ACK! DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS ACK!

I really don't get why Greedy fell THAT far...but fuck yea.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 06:19:35 PM

I must not get hyped about the Browns.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 25, 2019, 07:59:53 PM

As a Giants fan, OBJ is a blessing and a curse. He has equal chance to be great, to be hurt or be on a boat before a playoff game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 11:09:55 AM

That boat thing was a load of horseshit. It should never have been a story and the only reason it was is because 1) he's a flashy black player who can create headlines because of how uptight Giants management is and 2) the Giants went out and laid a goddamn egg in that playoff game against Green Bay. #2 happened not because OBJ was on a boat, but because that team was the biggest fraud in the NFL that year, and fell ass backwards into a playoff spot, winning something like half its games by less than a touchdown. Their O line was trash, they had no running game and Eli was always 50/50 on whether he threw a TD or a pick 6. Also, they were coached by your high school history teacher who spent more time looking at high school girls' legs and checking his breath in his hand than teaching a class.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 08:30:12 AM

Until the Bills and Giants fix their O line problems (that have existed since before most NFL players were born), nothing else matters. I get shit from my friends about not supporting NY teams, but I have a problem with incompetence, not sorry. I mean, I do support Rugby United NY  why so serious? (seriously, they're kicking butt)

fuck being a bengals fan but at least we aren't the NYG. I don't care that retard face Eli won some rings. Cling to that. The Giants are being mismanaged worse than the Jets these days. All the past glory in the world can't save you from how much that must burn.
Eli is to the Giants as Jim Kelly is to the Bills.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:33:51 AM by Sky »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 08:37:35 PM

That boat thing was a load of horseshit. It should never have been a story and the only reason it was is because 1) he's a flashy black player who can create headlines because of how uptight Giants management is and 2) the Giants went out and laid a goddamn egg in that playoff game against Green Bay. #2 happened not because OBJ was on a boat, but because that team was the biggest fraud in the NFL that year, and fell ass backwards into a playoff spot, winning something like half its games by less than a touchdown. Their O line was trash, they had no running game and Eli was always 50/50 on whether he threw a TD or a pick 6. Also, they were coached by your high school history teacher who spent more time looking at high school girls' legs and checking his breath in his hand than teaching a class.

Same story line happened to Witten and Romo for their vacation together before a playoff game. So thanks for the racial bi-line.  Also Giants management at the time were two black guys.

But yeah, OBJ dropped a whole bunch of passes that game... and Rodger scored on a hail mary before half time just like the Giants did on their super bowl run in '11.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 08:39:49 PM

Until the Bills and Giants fix their O line problems (that have existed since before most NFL players were born), nothing else matters. I get shit from my friends about not supporting NY teams, but I have a problem with incompetence, not sorry. I mean, I do support Rugby United NY  why so serious? (seriously, they're kicking butt)

fuck being a bengals fan but at least we aren't the NYG. I don't care that retard face Eli won some rings. Cling to that. The Giants are being mismanaged worse than the Jets these days. All the past glory in the world can't save you from how much that must burn.
Eli is to the Giants as Jim Kelly is to the Bills.

I can argue recent incompetence with the Giants, but there are only 4 teams with more Superbowl wins in NFL history (Steelers, 49ers, Pats and Cowboys). Last good Oline was 8 years ago. sad

Eli won two Super Bowls, Kelly lost 4.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:42:25 PM by Draegan »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: May 30, 2019, 08:04:15 AM

Same story line happened to Witten and Romo for their vacation together before a playoff game. So thanks for the racial bi-line.  Also Giants management at the time were two black guys.

Giants management is not the one who hammered that story for months (and now years) afterwards, the media and Giants fans are, however. Also, the Witten/Romo vacation? The only part of that story I remember being a big deal was that Romo went off on vacation with Jessica Simpson, who was a big time tabloid story at the time. So it became more of a "Romo wants to be with celebs more than practice" and it was also a bullshit story, just without the racial undertones. All his undertones at the time were media celebrity/tabloid culture. OBJ has been consistently criticized with distinctly racial undertones (stick to football, Eli doesn't act like that) in much the same way Terrell Owens and Randy Moss were vilified (though in both their cases, some of the criticisms were justified). OBJ has had none of the off-field incidents of either of those guys, has never been suspended by the team like both were and the worst you can say about his was that idiotic fight with a kicker's net.

The Giants' fans, the NY and broader media want to heap piles of shit on OBJ for the Giants being an ass burrito for the last few years but holy shit, none of the Giants' problems had anything to do with OBJ. The Giants as a team culture actively discourage any sort of personality in their players that isn't "white bread tape-eating football robots" and yes, a lot of that has racial undertones. I'm not saying these guys may not have caused some caustic locker room shit to go down, but the media and the fans have essentially blamed the moribund state of the franchise on ridiculous bullshit that ignores the cancerous problems in the coaching staff, the moronic choices in roster construction and the fact New York subway turnstiles have provided more resistance to freedom of movement than their offensive line.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 03, 2019, 05:15:14 AM

The story was that Witten and Romo went on a joint vacation if I remember correctly.

I won't disagree with the rest except that OBJ was a giant fucking pain in the ass and a locker room distraction. He also laid a giant goose egg in the one playoff game he was in and took himself out the last 4 games of the season. After he got paid he started protecting himself rather than playing the sport. You can google a play where he alligator armed an onside kick.

The rest is right though, up until Gettleman took over, the coaching and front office were complete shit.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #28 on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:02 AM

Hate to tell you, but Gettleman is also going to be a colossal waste unless Daniel Jones turns out to be the second coming of Peyton (not Eli).

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 04, 2019, 07:00:08 AM

Gettleman has already improved the offensive line and had at least one good draft (last year) and I'm willing to bet this year will be good as well. Our drafts over the last 6-7 years (prior to Gettleman) are probably the worst in the NFL as far as retaining players.

Gettleman is good at what he does. I see no reason why I should expect worse. The media is hyperventilating on the Jones pick, but Gettleman had two other really good first round picks. I think Jones will be decent in a Shurmer offense. Jones plays a really good bootleg. But we'll see. Our last Duke QB was... well, I'm not going to talk about it.

The Giants defense was fucking terrible last year, and our offense was the highest scoring in the NFC East and OBJ was hurt and out at least a quarter of the season.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 07:27:16 AM by Draegan »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: July 25, 2019, 12:39:54 PM

If you aren't aware, Deadspin has started their "Why Your Team Sucks" for 2019.

This quote from a Raiders fan has to be my favorite so far, since I fucking hate Jon Gruden and Philip Rivers is a quiverfull asshole who won't stop breeding.

By the time the Raiders are rid of Jon Gruden, one of Phillip Rivers’ children could be quarterbacking every team in the AFC West.

Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 16, 2019, 06:57:27 PM

Looks like Josh Gordon will be back again.... for the, ummm, 8th time?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/16/report-patriots-wideout-josh-gordon-reinstated/

Now I am all for getting rid of the bullshit weed rule and I liked Josh, but come on... 4 game, 10 game, 16 game, out. Now all the sudden for this guy we'll take another chance... I'm sure it will work out this time.

Fuck Goodell, man.

Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 07:55:45 PM

What the fucking hell??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27456682/emotional-luck-announces-retirement-nfl

"In a shocking development, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck announced his retirement from the NFL on Saturday night, saying constant injuries have taken away his love for the game."

Bets on when he comes back after getting healthy?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 08:02:25 PM

Man that really sucks. He had the tools to be a Hall of Famer.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 09:10:05 PM

Fuck me. That's terrible. I have to put the blame for that shit squarely on Ryan Grigson. That incompetent fuck spent years drafting and signing players for the Colts, continually letting Luck get killed behind an O Line that wasn't even close to capable of protecting that dude, as well as never having enough talent around him to put them over the top into a real Super Bowl contender.

So it appears the AFC South is now Houston's to lose again. YAY?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: