Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Spider-Man: Far From Home 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spider-Man: Far From Home  (Read 31646 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

on: January 15, 2019, 06:38:58 AM

So Yeah.

What the fuck was that ?

Edit by Trippy: International teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V38cLTYYXNw
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:12:27 PM by Trippy »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:35:29 AM

I thought it looks like the first one but written by someone who liked Ragnarok.

Which is fine.

The spiderman cgi looked better than ever - the other cgi not so much I guess.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 08:48:33 AM

I'm guessing that Mysterio is making all those monsters show up. It's kind of an odd trailer but it looks entertaining enough.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:53:19 AM

Yeah, the other CGI all looks like Mysterio illusions. Plus Jake Gyllenhaal was Mysterio. If this trailer has a problem, it's that a lot of us have recently watched Into The Spider-verse and there's just no way this is going to be as good.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 11:57:13 AM

One of them might have been Hydro man, or whatever his name is.

Liked the trailer.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:54:54 PM

100% sure that those monsters are Mysterio's illusions.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:16 PM

Yeah, he would appear to be Syndrome here.

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:53 PM

This is before Infinity War?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 09:43:24 PM

It’s after Endgame in the timeline.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 09:55:47 PM

guys

spiderman isn't dead

neither is fury
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 11:12:52 PM

I am shocked to be spoiled by this.  Shocked I say!   Popcorn
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 01:44:14 AM

I like the international trailer better.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:30 AM

guys

spiderman isn't dead

neither is fury

Also, how can Tony Stark not be in this?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 10:27:47 AM

guys

spiderman isn't dead

neither is fury

I'm sure he is, given all the new suits, but they had to introduce Jake as someone relevant because everyone cares about Mysterio.

lol
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 12:18:21 PM

I'm sure he is, given all the new suits, but they had to introduce Jake as someone relevant because everyone cares about Mysterio.

lol
Was that a serious question? If so the reason you don't see Stark in the teaser is Marvel wants you to keep guessing whether or not he survives Endgame.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:00 PM

lol
Was that a serious question? If so the reason you don't see Stark in the teaser is Marvel wants you to keep guessing whether or not he survives Endgame.

they're not killing the only reason the mcu exists

they didn't show him because jake needed a solo entrance like Owen Hart when he split with his brother and you couldn't have them both hogging the spotlight

yeah, the mcu is basically 2010 era WWF don't @me
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 07:03:28 PM

lol

they didn't show him because jake needed a solo entrance like Owen Hart when he split with his brother and you couldn't have them both hogging the spotlight

*coughs* Isn't Robert Downey Jr.'s contract up? I'll be shocked if he survives endgame.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:14 PM

Contract shmontract.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:56 AM

Yeah, they've pulled this contract, this is the last time you'll see Tony shit before.

We can't get rid of him now.  Like Syph.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 09:04:21 AM

lol

Owen Hart had been dead for more than 10 years in 2010.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 07:00:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzKkTC0ZiXs

No trailer confirms the snap created a multiverse. I think it also gives away how Mysterio will end up as a villain.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 07:49:01 AM

It's Mysterio - a master of illusion. Don't expect that anything he says that they reveal in the trailer is the truth.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 07:51:35 AM

Yeah, that's a Mysterio fake-out, guaranteed.

Wouldn't be too surprised if there's a Dr. Strange cameo at some point.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 08:14:19 AM

It's Mysterio - a master of illusion. Don't expect that anything he says that they reveal in the trailer is the truth.

It's gonna be a double fake-out,  Mysterio lies about multiverse but turns out it's real at the end.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 09:43:49 AM

I think he really is from another universe and for some reason he is convinced that for his universe to survive this one has to end and they'll go the sympathetic villain route. Think Doctor Octopus from Spiderman 2. We'll see though.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 12:57:21 PM

Ha.  Looks like Schild and I were both wrong.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 07:39:23 PM

Double double fakeout. Mysterio is actually a hero from another dimension and is the sorcerer supreme of that one.

I mean, not gonna happen. Mysterio is going to try and murder spiderman in order to cement himself as the true hero of the day.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 08:13:38 PM

The fake out would be if Peter doesn't trust him, but he turns out to be totally legit.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 04:33:44 PM

Very enjoyable film. Surprisingly deft. Holland is the definitive version of the character at this point for all that there's no Uncle Ben mournfulness, etc.

Definitely stay for both post-credits scenes. Both of them surprised me very much, in a good way.

Was even surprised that they dealt as much with the five-years-later as much as they did, though they did make it seem super-breezy and easy compared to the way it would be. That's ok, it's a comic-book movie. Comic-book humans are made of sterner stuff than we are--they live in Gotham City despite the high odds of random murder, they put up with the threat of their cities blowing up for any number of reasons, etc.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 07:47:30 PM

Very good movie. My new favorite Spiderman power is officially

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 10:19:28 AM

I really enjoyed it while I was watching it, but much like Homecoming, it faded from mind quickly. They're good, fun movies, Holland is a great Spider-man, and I like the cast. There's nothing I can point to as a problem, but it's just kinda good fluff when I know Spider-man could be more than that. Like I said, had fun watching it but it's not something I'm dying to re-watch anytime soon.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 10:47:57 AM

I enjoyed it.  The end scenario left me wondering how poorly you can possible target something to miss that many times, but it was fun.  I think the non-Holland kids are a bit flat in this movie, making them hard to care about...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 12:54:46 PM

Thor 2 bad. Hugely disappointed.  Jake was great. Everything thing else not.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 01:01:51 PM

Thor 2 bad. Hugely disappointed.  Jake was great. Everything thing else not.

What?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 01:16:30 PM

Ironwood does tend to have opinions about Spiderman...

But Thor 2... Ouch.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Spider-Man: Far From Home  
Jump to: