Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses  (Read 5373 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: January 14, 2019, 02:32:58 PM

Link.

I got this for Christmas and read it on the plane during my New Year's vacation.  It was pretty good.  Not nearly as dense as Bartle's book on virtual worlds, much more concrete than Theory of Fun as far as trying to answer the question of how you actually make a game fun (I do like both of those books but felt like I got a lot more actionable advice out of this one than anything else I've read on game design).

Would recommend to anyone else who's still lurking in this forum and harboring game design aspirations.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:11:16 PM

This is the best book right now for an overview of game design as a whole.

If you want to learn how to do game design, though, I'd suggest Game Design Workshop by Fullerton.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses  
Jump to: