Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Upcoming Games: 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Games: 2019  (Read 9095 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 06, 2019, 09:10:31 AM

This is stuff I've found that I'm keeping an eye on. Please add things as it's impossible to actually track everything because BGG is the worst kind of block wargame. Please ignore the irony of these being BGG Links:

Imperial Struggle - I haven't ordered this on P500 because I suspect we'll end up with a similar Kickstarter in a year or so for the same thing we got out of Twilight Struggle. That said, it's basically the indirect sequel to that. For those that don't care about overpriced nonsense, the regular edition is available on P500 right now.

Food Chain Magnate: The Ketchup Mechanism & Other Ideas - Ok, fine, I haven't even played Food Chain yet, but I'm going to. And I'm probably going to get the expansion. Splotter doesn't disappoint even if their production quality is absolute nonsense.

Revolution of 1828 - A 2-player ONLY Stefan Feld game about the campaign of John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson. I'm about this.

Tokyo Tsukiji Market - So this guy makes gorgeous little games with great pieces and interesting themes. Are they good? I have no idea, but Tsukiji Market is enough to make me jump into his Kickstarter and probably pick up all 6 Tokyo Titles for completionist reasons. Along with Tsukiji he's also releasing Tokyo Game Show and Tokyo Coin Laundry. It hits Kickstarter this Tuesday (January 8th).

Agricola might get a deluxe edition this year. I do not own it (on paper) but I will get this if it pops up.

Seventh Cross - I'm hot/cold on L99s titles, but board game castlevania is appealing to me. It was supposed to be on Kickstarter already. Anyway, watch for it?

This year from kickstarter I'm waiting on - in reverse order of KS Release:
Dicetopia: Roll with the Punches
Project L
Inhuman Conditions: A Game of Cops and Robots
Mezo
Endogenesis
So Long, My World
Tang Garden
The Omen Saga (for the fourth time)
The City of Kings
Sweet Mess
CO2 (people are getting this, I don't know what the fuck is going on with mine)
Museum
Kingdom Death: Wave 3 (maybe? whatever)
Terrors of London (late pledge)

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:31:54 AM

Terrors of London got pushed a bit on delivery. Originally was supposed to be around Feb/March but looks more like May/June from what I saw.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:48:35 AM

Yeah less than thrilled .
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:53:56 AM

https://airtable.com/shrioIkpOb33jjrcw/

This is useful for Kickstarter stuff.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 12:06:03 PM

And yet it's missing the only two from this month that I know of and care about, dicetopia and clowdus' batch of games.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 06:59:24 PM

I'll just copy/paste my list from over in the 2018 looking back thread and go into more detail:

Barrage - This is a game codesigned by Simone Luciani and a rookie designer. Luciani has previously done Tzolk'in, Grand Austria Hotel, Voyages of Marco Polo, Lorenzo il Magnifico, Newton and more. He's pretty much the king of the medium weight games, and I'm really curious to see what he does with a heavier design.

Mezo - We've already covered this in its own thread

Empyreal - Trey Chambers did Argent, The Consortium, which is a highly variable worker placement magical university game set in the Indines world that I really liked. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do with a fantasy train theme.

Cloudspire - The new game by the Chip Theory guys (Hoplomachus, Too Many Bones). I've steadily liked each of the big games they've put out more and more (not counting Triplock in there because that's basically just a minigame). Lots of people seem to be making MOBA simulators in board game form, but this one looks to be the most promising thus far.

Black Angel - Supposedly a spiritual sequel to Troyes, with a scifi theme. I really liked Troyes, so crossing my fingers for this one, though production on it seems like its hit a few snags. Still hoping to see this in the early part of the year.

Pipeline - Heavy economic oil pipeline game. This one seems like it has some fairly interesting features.

City of The Big Shoulders - One of the gaming areas I've never really gotten super into is the 18xx series, and this seems like it wants to capture that company buying/selling feeling except glued to a worker placement game instead of a train game. That seems appealing to me.

Brasil - This has been on my anticipated list for at least 3 years, but who knows, maybe this will be the year for it. Going mostly on the strength of the designers. I really liked Nippon, and I'm pretty sure I really like Madeira, though it makes my brain hurt. Making my brain hurt is pretty much what I look for in a board game though.

If 7th Cross actually ends up coming out this year, I'm pretty interested in that also, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been reading about that for years, and the turn around on L99 games is such that even if it hits kickstarter at their current estimated date, it's going to be a 2020 game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 07:13:49 PM

I so desperately want Black Angel to go through a graphics overhaul because it's legitimately hard to look at.

And yeah, L99. -_-
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 06:02:16 PM

Looks like Tokyo Tsukiji Market kickstarter got moved to the 15th.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 06:25:59 PM

Sure did.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:15 AM

SEA EVIL

edit: dammit, it's another of their magazine style games. Bah.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:22:22 AM by Sky »
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 11:23:55 AM

It's full featured though. But yeah, it was their Halloween Nightmares game for this year.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 06:52:46 PM

Magazine game or not, it's pretty great.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 01:44:58 PM

Shards of Infinity has a 100 card xpac coming out in the next 60-90 days to retail. They are supposed to have copies at GenCon. Description looks cool, apparently has some type of co-op campaign deal. New cards might be good.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 08:35:19 PM

Shards of Infinity xpac rules: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5aefa1baee1759b197961f44/t/5d4371106f6e7a0001f6d3d8/1564700959803/SOI_003_Rules_Sheetv5+%281%29.pdf

Campaign game narrated, seems to be a path-based game of sorts (I don't have it yet): https://www.stoneblade.com/battlebook
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 08:41:42 PM

oh

it's like a real expansion
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Upcoming Games: 2019  
Jump to: