Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: What Can You Never Like? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Can You Never Like?  (Read 6214 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 02:48:47 AM

Rockstar Games.

GTAV and now RDR2 have shown me that I can't play games with a set of absolutely unlikeable protagonists. Games where the gap between what the writers want me to think (that e.g. Arthur Morgan is a decent though misguided dude) and what is presented to me on screen (Arthur Morgan being for the most part a murderous sociopath who thinks he has morals) is huge.

Either make it a choice or make it so that the narrative and the gameplay are more in line with each other. Or let me be a part of the protagonists madness (like Spec Ops did) and acknowledge the character of your protagonists.

At least do something that is a bit more creative and complex than giving me cut scenes where the main dude blabbers philosophically about his moral compass or proselytizes about the senselessness of torture and gameplay missions where he is a sociopathic asshole.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 03:20:56 AM

RTS games.  I only really ever liked the simpler versions of these games back in the day, and even then only in small doses.

And sports games.  I find this is more of a case of the games themselves become less about fun than it is me getting tired of them.  The more "life-like" they try to make them, the less I enjoy them.

Console shooters, obviously.  Other shooters I can only take occasionally and in small doses.

Apparently I may not care for Isometric RPGs anymore either, and I'm a little bummed by that.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: What Can You Never Like?  
Jump to: