Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2018, 12:45:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Suicide Squad 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suicide Squad 2  (Read 286 times)
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

on: October 09, 2018, 11:50:08 PM

To be written and possibly directed by Jimmy Gunn.

Linky

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 01:30:35 AM

What a delicious "Fuck you" to the idiots at Disney who decided to fire him.

I'd rather have him work at Guardians of the Galaxy 3, but he can make a good Suicide Squad movie as well I guess.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 04:06:28 AM

Ayep.

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:07:14 AM

Added note, Dave Bautista said to sign him up on Twitter. That'd be the icing on the fuck you cake.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:02 AM

Bautista as Killer Croc would be fun.

I just don't get what the fuck Warner Bros. is thinking. Making a new Suicide Squad movie that isn't a sequel but may or may not have the same cast just shows how fucking idiotic they are, flailing from one idea to the next from week to week. Gunn would do a great job with it, but I don't think they need a reboot, just a better script. He will give them a better script.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:38:17 AM

It maybe needs a reboot if they're soft-rebooting the whole damn DCCU. 

Besides, if you hire Gunn, you want him to feel no constraints about going with past actors/concepts.

The problem with the Suicide Squad is that it takes a fairly inhabited superhero universe to be a really fun concept. You can't have a team of colorful supervillains being forced to work together by The Man while they scheme against each other and their controllers if you don't have an established universe full of superheroes or secretive paramilitaries that put the bad guys in jail in the first place. The mix you need is kind of what they went for (badly) in the first film: a villain with high name recognition (Joker, Luthor, Riddler, Reverse-Flash, Brainiac, Two-Face, Black Manta, Captain Cold), some villains who have interesting backstories/concepts/personalities, the villain who has some slightly heroic or admirable qualities, and a couple of scrub red-shirt villains who are meant to get killed. Having even a sketch of a universe takes a bit of the heavy lifting that requires off the table.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Suicide Squad 2  
Jump to: